Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 398 [399] 400 401 402 ... 757 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 475676 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #5970 on: May 06, 2013, 07:21 PM »

Shrug That's life, Ruthie.

My darling husband is sending me to Scotland to cheer me up. I've been missing my sisters and chums very, very badly.
Ah something to look forward to then Linda - hope you have a great trip whenever it is.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #5971 on: May 06, 2013, 07:22 PM »

My darling husband is sending me to Scotland to cheer me up. I've been missing my sisters and chums very, very badly.

Sorry to hear you've been having a tough time of it of late Linda-hope things pick up for you and that you have a fantastic trip home! hug
[ Last edit by xxdanixx May 06, 2013, 07:32 PM ] IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5972 on: May 06, 2013, 07:57 PM »

Yes I too hope you are feeling better. I hope your trip home will cheer you up Linda. All the best.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #5973 on: May 06, 2013, 08:00 PM »

Thanks my MW chums. hug
I'm not posting anything else about me on here, but I've blown off in the cancer thread. Needed to get it out of my system because of flashbacks.

I am coming to Scotland in 2 weeks!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #5974 on: May 06, 2013, 08:08 PM »

Good Linda I really hope you have a good trip home and enjoy yourself. Take good care of yourself will talk when you get home.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #5975 on: May 06, 2013, 09:22 PM »

My sincere thanks to you all for such kind thoughts. You've all given me a lift. All the best to you to Linda, enjoy Scotland. Hope the weather is good for you.

Going back to Ross, you make a good point Linda, about his ability to (maybe) have a family later. I'm sure that has been considered. I hope so.

Just quickly, thinking of Ross always brings my niece to mind. She appears to be doing well after the completion of her treatment for cancer. She goes for a check up soon, but so far so good. Her beautiful baby girl, who she found she was expecting at the same time the cancer was found, is the best thing to come out of a tough time for her. She won't be having any more, due to the chemo, but with a young baby and a bright, healthy six year old too, she's got enough on her plate.

Sorry, couldn't resist finishing on something a bit more positive than my earlier post. Hopefully Andy will give us all something to cheer tomorrow!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5976 on: May 06, 2013, 09:41 PM »

Time with family and friends is often the best medicine. What a lovely thoughtful husband. Enjoy every precious moment of your time home. Reading Ross' story and you and Teejay's posts are a good reminder to make the most of every moment, it is all too easy to get caught up in the grumbles of the daily grind. (hope I remember this at work tomorrow lol). Like most folk my family has been similarly affected and it has given me whole new otlook on life (my bank manager might not like the fact that i see it as  means to justify forking out for trips to Wimbledon and the O2 as wee extras on top of my main holiday but hey ho)   hug
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #5977 on: May 07, 2013, 07:04 AM »

I really hope TJ and Linda feel much better soon. grouphug

Have lots of fun in Scotland, Linda and hope you have a very enjoyable trip. Smile
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #5978 on: May 07, 2013, 12:57 PM »

@Scot
Hope u have a simply splendiferous time yay yay yay
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #5979 on: May 09, 2013, 01:09 AM »

I was just reading the following interview with Chris Lewis. I'll admit I didn't recognise the name when I read it. He was the runner-up in the 1983 Wimbledon final (lost to McEnroe). He has some nice things to say about Andy.

http://www.tennisfrontier.com/blogs/britbox/down-the-t-1-an-interview-with-chris-lewis/

Your thoughts on the modern era?  Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray, and the game in general?

I’ve always thought that tennis has the most appeal to those who have very individualistic personalities. Not in every case; however, certainly in most cases. For instance, take Andy Murray. I don’t know him, but he has an undeniably individualistic approach to the game. A unique personality with a unique game, neither of which fits the standard mold. I think getting together with Ivan Lendl was a masterful idea. My guess is that there would only be a handful of people in the world with both the tennis expertise and the strength of character to earn the respect of Andy Murray. Ivan Lendl is one of them. Murray has an immense tennis IQ. He reads the game incredibly well, but has an instinctive tendency to counter rather than initiate. I think the more that balance continues to shift towards initiation and aggression, and away from reaction and defense, the better he is going to do.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #5980 on: May 09, 2013, 11:38 AM »

Think they are being a not optimistic here with the headlines, just because Novak is out! Have they forgotten about fed, rafa etc.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/madrid-masters-novak-djokovic-exit-gives-andy-murray-chance-of-rare-clay-success-8608414.html
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #5981 on: May 09, 2013, 12:26 PM »

yes I hate these kinds of headlines too angie.  It might be reasonable to say it improves his chances of reaching first clay court final but even then can't underestimate good clay court players who stand in Andy's way.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: News Articles « Reply #5982 on: May 09, 2013, 12:28 PM »

Have a wonderful trip Scotnadian  hug
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: News Articles « Reply #5983 on: May 09, 2013, 02:39 PM »

Think they are being a not optimistic here with the headlines, just because Novak is out! Have they forgotten about fed, rafa etc.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/madrid-masters-novak-djokovic-exit-gives-andy-murray-chance-of-rare-clay-success-8608414.html
Such headlines make me sick, someone always trying to take the glory away from Andy's achievements, even before he's got out of the starting blocks.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: News Articles « Reply #5984 on: May 09, 2013, 03:16 PM »

The holiday in the old country will do you a world of good, with your nearest and dearest. Nice time of year to go to Scotland too.
Will you be making a trip to the shirine of the golden post box? Or even sussing out the Murray hotel. If so please let us know. You can be our Trip Advisor Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 398 [399] 400 401 402 ... 757 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »