Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 402 [403] 404 405 406 ... 754 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 462281 times)
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6030 on: May 12, 2013, 09:23 PM »

It's very open to interpretation - you could still be right. We both could be right!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #6031 on: May 12, 2013, 09:35 PM »

Think he maybe (maybe!) just meant they'd be more aware of other players being gay if they were spending a lot of time together in a team environment and so forging closer friendships and knowing more about each other.

thanks for article jk.  Found fed's comments re team sport and not seeing each other very much rather weird - was he implying it would be a problem if it were a team sport?  confused

It's funny,when I read it I interpreted Fed's comment  the way you did,Westie-and then a little bit later,I started to think 'hang on,did he mean it would be a problem in a team?"-just the way you did Ruthie!

But Westie is right-it's very open to interpretation.Especially seeing as reading the transcript of Andy's presser,the english could've used a little work!I think I'll interpret Fed's comment the way I initially understood it.(unless he comments further on it in way that's less open to interpretation! yes Then it'll be clearer,if you know what I mean)
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #6032 on: May 13, 2013, 06:48 PM »

Looks like Andy is going to be a busy boy on grass. First Queens, then this, then Wimbles.

http://www.bnpparibastennisclassic.com/world-no-2-andy-murray-confirmed-for-hurlingham/

World No.2 Andy Murray Confirmed For Hurlingham!

IMG are thrilled to announce that World No.2, and reigning US Open and Olympic Singles Champion, Andy Murray, will play at the exclusive BNP Paribas Tennis Classic at The Hurlingham Club in London this June.

On confirming his place in this special event, Murray, who rose to number 2 in the world rankings on Friday, said: “I’m really looking forward to being back at the Hurlingham Club. It’s the perfect way for me to warm up for Wimbledon – there’s always a great atmosphere and the setting is absolutely stunning.”

Murray will be joined by other top 20 ATP stars Jo Wilfried Tsonga (World No.8), Tommy Haas (World No.14) and rising Japanese star Kei Nishikori (World No.16). Haas recently beat Djokovic at the Sony Open before losing to Ferrer in the semi-finals. He has also reached a career high of no. 2 in the world in 2002. Nishikori reached the quarterfinals of the Australian Open last year and recently beat Federer in the Madrid Open.

They join a world-class line-up of tennis legends including Pat Cash, Goran Ivanisevic, Henri Leconte, Andrew Castle, Fabrice Santoro and Mansour Bahrami throughout the five-day event.

Managed by IMG, the global sports, fashion and media company, the BNP Paribas Tennis Classic takes place at the height of the summer tennis season. In escaping the crowds, the tournament gives spectators the opportunity to combine unforgettable tennis with first-rate dining experiences. Set in the tranquil 42 acre grounds of one of the most renowned members’ clubs in the country – the Hurlingham Club – the event showcases some of the stars of the ATP and WTA Tour as they warm up for Wimbledon, as well as a number of tennis legends. Matches take place on Centre Court, which seats an intimate crowd of 600, tennis players mingle with guests off court and there’s also the opportunity to play tennis with the professionals in the PRO-AMs.

So, this year why not escape the crowds, sit back, relax and soak up the Garden Party atmosphere as you enjoy VIP hospitality and watch tennis from the stars of today and the ultimate Legends of the game in one of London’s most intimate and breath-taking settings.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: News Articles « Reply #6033 on: May 13, 2013, 08:45 PM »

Isn't Andy also playing Boogles?
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6034 on: May 13, 2013, 08:48 PM »

Hee hee think u mean Boodles but boogles is way much funnier. nae idea btw
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: News Articles « Reply #6035 on: May 13, 2013, 08:49 PM »

Isn't Andy also playing Boogles?
Never heard of him....What's his ranking?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: News Articles « Reply #6036 on: May 13, 2013, 08:49 PM »

Hee hee think u mean Boodles but boogles is way much funnier. nae idea btw

Boodles then picky.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6037 on: May 13, 2013, 08:59 PM »

Boodles then picky.

Not picky, just amused. go yell at Robbie he is also poking fun . Monday giggles always good!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6038 on: May 13, 2013, 09:00 PM »

:
Never heard of him....What's his ranking?

clap
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #6039 on: May 13, 2013, 10:30 PM »

Crikey wouldn't mind going  to that tourney...wonder much that would cost Think
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6040 on: May 15, 2013, 04:51 PM »

RT @Mike_Dickson_DM: Andy Murray says its 'unlikely' he will play french open due to lower back problems.

RT @Mike_Dickson_DM: Downbeat press conference with Andy Murray, he'll give it 4-5 days and then take a view on whether he's ready for 'most physical' Slam.   
IP Logged
2xtreme
Junior

Re: News Articles « Reply #6041 on: May 15, 2013, 04:57 PM »

Very Unfortunate
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #6042 on: May 15, 2013, 05:06 PM »

Glad Andy is seeing sense and not rushing into playing at the French Open. I hope he is sensible and if he is not fit to play he wont.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: News Articles « Reply #6043 on: May 15, 2013, 06:08 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22540156
Injured Andy Murray unlikely to play at French Open
Andy Murray says he would be "very surprised" to be fit for the French Open after retiring injured against Marcel Granollers at the Italian Open.

The Briton endured a miserable 26th birthday as he retired from his second-round tie with a lower back injury.

Murray looked troubled throughout and despite battling back to win the second set tie-break on the Rome clay, he then withdrew before the decider.

The second Grand Slam tournament of the year begins at Roland Garros on 26 May.

Image of Russell Fuller  Russell Fuller
 BBC Radio 5 live in Rome
"Medical prognoses from players in the heat of the moment can prove unreliable, but Andy Murray's instinct is telling him that he's a serious doubt for Roland Garros.

"The decision to retire from the match came swiftly, and after his most inspired tennis, and he will now consult a range of experts before deciding whether the French Open is a realistic option.

"With Wimbledon and his US Open title defence on the horizon, Murray is concerned that a series of gruelling matches on clay could have even more serious long term repercussions."

"I would be very surprised if I was playing in Paris," said Murray.

"I need to make a plan as to what I do. I'll chat with the guys tonight and make a plan for the next few days then make a decision on Paris after the next five days.

"I want to make sure it goes away. It's been a problem since the end of 2011 but it got bad during last year's clay season."

The Scot's only previous mid-match retirement coincidentally came on his 20th birthday, when he snapped a tendon in his wrist at the 2007 Hamburg Masters.

That was the most serious injury Murray has suffered and led to him missing both the French Open and Wimbledon, and he will be hopeful of avoiding a similar fate this time.

Granollers, ranked 37th in the world, dominated the opening set on the Rome clay as Murray struggled to find any rhythm, his repeated failure to find the necessary depth with his shots allowing the Spaniard to attack the net.

The Spaniard's confidence grew visibly following the first set and he broke Murray again in an epic second-set opener that went to 10 deuces.

Things looked even worse for Murray when he required on-court treatment after the third game of the second set.

The US Open champion cut a dejected figure as he lost 10 consecutive points following his enforced break for treatment - but momentum then started to swing between the pair.

Murray trailed 4-1 in the second set before showing great determination to reduce Granollers's lead to 4-3 and put pressure on the Spaniard for the first time in the match.

Nerves appeared to affect the 27-year-old as he aimed for a first victory against Murray in three attempts and the British number one, now appearing to move more freely, took advantage to level at 4-4.

Granollers broke Murray's serve in the ninth game, but failed to serve out the match in the 10th and with conditions becoming increasingly testing, with swirling winds whipping around the court, the set went to a tie-break.

Murray, who has never won a title on clay, levelled the match when Granollers pushed a forehand long, before heading to his chair and informing the umpire he was retiring - to the amazement of Granollers and the Rome crowd.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: News Articles « Reply #6044 on: May 15, 2013, 06:11 PM »

http://www1.skysports.com/tennis/news/12110/8714585/Andy-Murray-Ongoing-back-problem-likely-to-keep-me-out-of-French-Open

http://www.supersport.com/tennis/atp/News/130515/Janowicz_upsets_Tsonga_Murray_retires
[ Last edit by flowerpower May 15, 2013, 07:11 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 402 [403] 404 405 406 ... 754 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »