Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 ... 640 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: News Articles  (Read 356319 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #6420 on: June 10, 2013, 07:40 PM »

Alex Salmond says a lot that doesn't come to anything.... Take it from me Gordon works for him Smile
I nearly added that about Salmond, but didn't. lol  Anyway that's one of the reasons I have no faith in him whatsover when it comes down to independence.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: News Articles « Reply #6421 on: June 10, 2013, 07:44 PM »

I nearly added that about Salmond, but didn't. lol  Anyway that's one of the reasons I have no faith in him whatsover when it comes down to independence.
I had a very interesting chat with my son about Independence last week.  Eye opening, to say the least.  Bottom line is, if you don't agree with it, you really need to get out and vote in September 2014.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #6422 on: June 10, 2013, 07:45 PM »

He thinks he's King of Scotland lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #6423 on: June 10, 2013, 08:04 PM »

I had a very interesting chat with my son about Independence last week.  Eye opening, to say the least.  Bottom line is, if you don't agree with it, you really need to get out and vote in September 2014.
That's what I've been saying for a while now.  Those against it cannot afford to be complacent.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #6424 on: June 10, 2013, 08:07 PM »

That's what I've been saying for a while now.  Those against it cannot afford to be complacent.
You're a wise woman, Aileen!  yes
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #6425 on: June 10, 2013, 08:12 PM »

You're a wise woman, Aileen!  yes
Some of the time ... lol
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #6426 on: June 10, 2013, 08:26 PM »

Now Aileen, independence is about the future of our nation, not the personality of one man, or even the policies of one party. I really object to those that make it an issue of personalities. Alec Salmond has brought us to an opportunity to choose our destiny, and that has to be recognised as a worthwhile achievement.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #6427 on: June 10, 2013, 08:36 PM »

Why are you lecturing me?  I'm not a child. lol   Unfortunately it's the lies and lack of information that the SNP in general have been spouting about independence that have muddied the issue, and there's nothing worthwhile about that.

Anyway there is a Scottish Politics thread for those who wish to go on discussing this. Smile
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #6428 on: June 10, 2013, 08:38 PM »

Now Aileen, independence is about the future of our nation, not the personality of one man, or even the policies of one party. I really object to those that make it an issue of personalities. Alec Salmond has brought us to an opportunity to choose our destiny, and that has to be recognised as a worthwhile achievement.
Have you looked into what benefits there are for our Country, given independence?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #6429 on: June 10, 2013, 09:29 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jun/10/andy-murray-dan-evans-aegon-championships

Andy Murray calls for rankings change as Dan Evans starts with a win

Murray, who will play his opening match on Wednesday, believes tennis should consider adopting golf's system of basing rankings on two years' worth of performances not one, and expressed sympathy with Rafael Nadal, who despite winning 43 out of 45 matches since returning from a seven-month lay off, will be seeded fifth for Wimbledon.

"In tennis, if you miss four or five months it is almost impossible to maintain your ranking," said Murray. "So Rafa will be seeded five for Wimbledon, which is tough as he is better than that.

"That is how our ranking system works. It's a one-year ranking whereas with golf it is a two-year ranking, so even if one of the best players in the world gets injured they can still maintain their ranking.

"I saw that with the bookies [Novak] Djokovic is the favourite, I'm second favourite, then Rafa third then Roger [Federer]," said Murray. "But who knows with the way Rafa played at the French Open? He can beat anyone playing like that."
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #6430 on: June 10, 2013, 09:45 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jun/10/andy-murray-dan-evans-aegon-championships

Andy Murray calls for rankings change as Dan Evans starts with a win

Murray, who will play his opening match on Wednesday, believes tennis should consider adopting golf's system of basing rankings on two years' worth of performances not one, and expressed sympathy with Rafael Nadal, who despite winning 43 out of 45 matches since returning from a seven-month lay off, will be seeded fifth for Wimbledon.

"In tennis, if you miss four or five months it is almost impossible to maintain your ranking," said Murray. "So Rafa will be seeded five for Wimbledon, which is tough as he is better than that.

"That is how our ranking system works. It's a one-year ranking whereas with golf it is a two-year ranking, so even if one of the best players in the world gets injured they can still maintain their ranking.

"I saw that with the bookies [Novak] Djokovic is the favourite, I'm second favourite, then Rafa third then Roger [Federer]," said Murray. "But who knows with the way Rafa played at the French Open? He can beat anyone playing like that."

Anyone except you Andy...anyone except you...remember that Wink
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #6431 on: June 10, 2013, 09:45 PM »

Nadal is now 2nd favourite in the bookies ahead of Murray.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #6432 on: June 10, 2013, 09:53 PM »

there was a really snide piece in today's Standard which in effect was saying andy's grand slam successes have only been possible when Rafa has been injured.   

I like Judy's emphasis on a tennis centre that is affordable and accessible.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #6433 on: June 10, 2013, 09:55 PM »

Have you looked into what benefits there are for our Country, given independence?
  I have, and I continue to learn much about opportunity and responsibility.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #6434 on: June 10, 2013, 10:02 PM »

I have, and I continue to learn much about opportunity and responsibility.
Are you aware that we'd probably have to apply to join the EU and most probably have to take the Euro as our currency.  Are you aware that the most trade we do is with England, and that trading would be compromised?  Once again, tell me what would benefit us by becoming independent.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 ... 640 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »