Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 ... 640 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: News Articles  (Read 354988 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #6465 on: June 11, 2013, 09:27 PM »

I think we're all being a little hyper-sensitive here. I think the point you make is exactly the one that the programme is trying to make too.
Agree with you there Fiverings!

And nobody should take too much notice of an article in the Metro
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #6466 on: June 11, 2013, 09:36 PM »

Don't you just love him!  I remember he took time out during Wimbledon about 3 years ago to meet two teenage girls suffering from cancer who'd been flown over from the US by the Make-a-Wish Foundation to watch some of the tournament and who had requested that they meet him.  I'm sure Andy does so much that we never hear about, so it seriously annoys me when people accuse him of not setting up a Foundation like Djoko, Fed and Nadal - plus a few other players.  Djoko does a lot too behind the scenes in Serbia, for which he has received numerous awards, but he never talks about them.

Incidentally, I believe that there's a video about this on the video thread.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #6467 on: June 11, 2013, 10:34 PM »

Yes Aileen was even better to see the video so nice x
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #6468 on: June 11, 2013, 10:35 PM »

Yes Aileen was even better to see the video so nice x

BOAK!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #6469 on: June 11, 2013, 10:37 PM »

BOAK!

lol
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #6470 on: June 11, 2013, 10:38 PM »

No one has taken a guess on news thread.....don't you give it away now!!! I guess they are all too busy ripping each other to shreds Wink
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6471 on: June 11, 2013, 11:52 PM »

As if a documentary about the other 3 would be any different, it's not Like Federer smokes crack and hangs out with prostitutes is it, maybe watching Fed with his fake smile and smug attitude shaking hands with his fans while opening a new lindt factory might appeal to some, i think the Documentary on Andy will be very insightful, i hear we get to see inside his house etc, can't wait personally.

Well, exactly.

An elite athlete leads a disciplined life. Wow, shocking. Isn't that how they become elite athletes?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #6472 on: June 12, 2013, 07:35 AM »

Ugh,I don't like the tone either Milly.What's so wrong with being "ordinary" anyway?

Personally,one thing that's always endeared Andy to me (and that I've been glad to see hasn't changed a bit over the years) is his ordinariness!I like that he's stayed exactly himself-a hardworking,decent,normal guy.I like that he hasn't let fame,money or sucess change him.When it might have been very easy to let himself be changed,he didn't-he stayed true to himself.To my mind,Andy's ordinariness isn't something to criticise-it's something to celebrate!
you took the words out of my mouth dani. What the condescending types at metro don't understand is that it's Andy's determination to remain 'ordinary' that is one of his most endearing features to his fans.  I always remember him talking about his fears that winning a GS would change him and his life and seeking reassurance from Mr L on that.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #6473 on: June 13, 2013, 08:59 AM »

Lovely interview with Jo here-I'm just posting what he said about Andy,but the whole thing is worth a read if you like him,it's a great interview

"Tsonga laments the fact he knows so few of his closest rivals. He highlights Murray's generosity, when the Scot offered him a lift on a private jet from Madrid to Rome last month, as a rare chance for them to talk properly. "I was really happy because Andy just called me. I was supposed to take a normal plane and Andy said: 'OK, we have a big plane for nothing and we're only two so come with us.' For me it was great that a player like Andy can think about someone else and share something. It was the first time I could speak with him in private and we had a really good conversation.

"It's strange because I've known Andy since I was 12 – but I don't know him really! Every week we stay in the same city, at the same tournaments, so we're almost together but we just say: 'Hi, how are you?' With Noah and Leconte, there was time to go and have a drink with [John] McEnroe and [Mats] Wilander and play the guitar. Today, it's too difficult."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jun/11/jo-wilfried-tsonga-wimbledon-tennis
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #6474 on: June 13, 2013, 09:36 AM »

Ah - I did indeed miss the point, teejay.  I'm quite renowned for it - apologies!  Very Happy

No probs Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #6475 on: June 13, 2013, 09:48 AM »

Lovely interview with Jo here-I'm just posting what he said about Andy,but the whole thing is worth a read if you like him,it's a great interview

"Tsonga laments the fact he knows so few of his closest rivals. He highlights Murray's generosity, when the Scot offered him a lift on a private jet from Madrid to Rome last month, as a rare chance for them to talk properly. "I was really happy because Andy just called me. I was supposed to take a normal plane and Andy said: 'OK, we have a big plane for nothing and we're only two so come with us.' For me it was great that a player like Andy can think about someone else and share something. It was the first time I could speak with him in private and we had a really good conversation.

"It's strange because I've known Andy since I was 12 – but I don't know him really! Every week we stay in the same city, at the same tournaments, so we're almost together but we just say: 'Hi, how are you?' With Noah and Leconte, there was time to go and have a drink with [John] McEnroe and [Mats] Wilander and play the guitar. Today, it's too difficult."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jun/11/jo-wilfried-tsonga-wimbledon-tennis
loved the interview with jo too dani - sounds abit like our andy in his desire to live a normal live.  I've always thought he seemed a real sweetie and like him even more now after reading the full interview.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6476 on: June 13, 2013, 11:03 AM »

I was really happy because Andy just called me. I was supposed to take a normal plane and Andy said: 'OK, we have a big plane for nothing and we're only two so come with us.' For me it was great that a player like Andy can think about someone else and share something.

Awww...that's lovely!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #6477 on: June 13, 2013, 12:38 PM »

Thanks Dani. Lovely story.
It's a shame those old days are gone when the players could relax and hang out together. The life of a professional tennis athlete is very different now.

With Noah and Leconte, there was time to go and have a drink with [John] McEnroe and [Mats] Wilander and play the guitar. Today, it's too difficult."

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #6478 on: June 13, 2013, 04:05 PM »

I love Jo nearly as much as I love Andy.  Beautiful interview.

Thanks Dani. Lovely story.
It's a shame those old days are gone when the players could relax and hang out together. The life of a professional tennis athlete is very different now.

With Noah and Leconte, there was time to go and have a drink with [John] McEnroe and [Mats] Wilander and play the guitar. Today, it's too difficult."

It is very sad, but life seems to be one big rush for most people these days.  I do remember McEnroe saying in his autobiography "Serious" that the first time he met Borg the pair of them went out on a bender!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6479 on: June 13, 2013, 06:16 PM »

That was a fab interview. Tsonga comes across as really nice and down to earth. Kinda reminded me of Andy. Lovely.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 ... 640 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »