Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 448 [449] 450 451 452 ... 722 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 429191 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #6720 on: July 03, 2013, 10:29 PM »

Someone tell me, do I need to hear what Richardson said? I don't want to, but sort of do as well!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #6721 on: July 03, 2013, 10:32 PM »

Yes you need to hear it to believe it.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #6722 on: July 03, 2013, 10:45 PM »

Yes you need to hear it to believe it.

Ok, thanks Angie. Will have a listen. Prepare for my explosion!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #6723 on: July 03, 2013, 10:56 PM »

What a stinking, rotten, vile scumbag excuse for a human being!

Andy really did do well not to deck the cretinous little vermin. He was clearly fuming, so he did well to control himself.

The bit where Andy walks away as Richardson appears to try to apologise is classic though!
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6724 on: July 03, 2013, 11:15 PM »

I'm sure Andy will soon see on Twitter all about everyones reaction to that interview, and it will surely get back to Richardson himself, what a total and utter tosser he is.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: News Articles « Reply #6725 on: July 03, 2013, 11:21 PM »

Check out the Richardson Kournikova interview. And squirm.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6726 on: July 03, 2013, 11:25 PM »

BBC should pack Gary Richardson away in some box and don't let him out.  Full marks to Andy for keeping his cool at the stupid idiotic questions and remarks being put to him.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #6727 on: July 03, 2013, 11:26 PM »

Andy just posted this on twitter

Andy Murray ‏@andy_murray
Don't be too hard on garry richardson he had a bad day and he apologised afterwards
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6728 on: July 03, 2013, 11:26 PM »

I'm sure Andy will soon see on Twitter all about everyones reaction to that interview, and it will surely get back to Richardson himself, what a total and utter tosser he is.

Twitter was awash with posters just aghast at that interview. I'm not sure which was worse - watching the match or the interview.

Is Richardson the guy who said to Andy a few years ago, "you're a bit of a hypochondriac aren't you?" I'm sure it was him.
[ Last edit by IonaRed July 04, 2013, 12:09 AM ] IP Logged
Kavanaugh
Satellite Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6729 on: July 03, 2013, 11:34 PM »

I'd like to say I hope so but not sure I want Andy anywhere near Twitter right now!  - though in the time it's taken for me to type this I see Andy's seen it.  He's more magnanimous than I would be after that joke of an interview.

Just spent 30 mins or so cruising around Twitter (admittedly the vast amount was positive, which was enjoyable) but couldn't help biting when some prat decided to announce they 'lost all respect for Andy when he made the 'anyone but England' joke' and had the nerve to call Andy an arrogant prick.  I should just sit on my hands and walk away but instead evened out the balance by calling him an ignorant tosser.  I know, I know, but it felt cathartic for the few seconds it took to type it.

Anyway I was responded to in the vein I expected.  Apparently I know nothing and Andy has badmouthed England twice more in 2009 and 2012 since the 2006 interview.  Never mind that his girlfriend is English, he lives in England and his grandmother is English, some media rag said something defamatory (or maybe it was the voices in his mind) so now it's gospel truth.  

I know I'll never change anybody's mind, and it's not worth trying as it only frustrates me and amuses them, but why do we have to live amongst so many screaming idiots, and why do they all crawl out of the woodwork for these two weeks?  I swear, on the BBC comments page today some sick individual was attacking Andy for not going to the gym in Dunblane to defend other students.  What in the ever-loving f*ck are these people on?!

Sorry.  This got a bit OT - I shouldn't post when I'm PMSing!   Embarassed Anyway, maybe in future I'll learn to just rise above it, but for the time being I think I'll stay away from Twitter, along with the Daily Mail and BBC comments sections ... I can feel my will to live draining away reading them!

ETA:  yes I think that was him, IonaRed ...
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6730 on: July 03, 2013, 11:39 PM »

I'd like to say I hope so but not sure I want Andy anywhere near Twitter right now!  - though in the time it's taken for me to type this I see Andy's seen it.  He's more magnanimous than I would be after that joke of an interview.

Just spent 30 mins or so cruising around Twitter (admittedly the vast amount was positive, which was enjoyable) but couldn't help biting when some prat decided to announce they 'lost all respect for Andy when he made the 'anyone but England' joke' and had the nerve to call Andy an arrogant prick.  I should just sit on my hands and walk away but instead evened out the balance by calling him an ignorant tosser.  I know, I know, but it felt cathartic for the few seconds it took to type it.

Anyway I was responded to in the vein I expected.  Apparently I know nothing and Andy has badmouthed England twice more in 2009 and 2012 since the 2006 interview.  Never mind that his girlfriend is English, he lives in England and his grandmother is English, some media rag said something defamatory (or maybe it was the voices in his mind) so now it's gospel truth. 

I know I'll never change anybody's mind, and it's not worth trying as it only frustrates me and amuses them, but why do we have to live amongst so many screaming idiots, and why do they all crawl out of the woodwork for these two weeks?  I swear, on the BBC comments page today some sick individual was attacking Andy for not going to the gym in Dunblane to defend other students.  What in the ever-loving f*ck are these people on?!

Sorry.  This got a bit OT - I shouldn't post when I'm PMSing!   Embarassed Anyway, maybe in future I'll learn to just rise above it, but for the time being I think I'll stay away from Twitter, along with the Daily Mail and BBC comments sections ... I can feel my will to live draining away reading them!

I used to argue all the time with the AMB but there is no point in banging your head against the same brick wall and there are less of them nowadays, you also have to remember that he is a high profile celebrity, trust me Nadal, Novak and Federer get just as much hate as Andy does, thankfully they and Andy have 100 times as many supporters than haters Smile
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #6731 on: July 03, 2013, 11:57 PM »

Andy just posted this on twitter

Andy Murray ‏@andy_murray
Don't be too hard on garry richardson he had a bad day and he apologised afterwards

Wow, that's gracious. Personally I'd have allowed Lendl to punch the jumped up little moron.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6732 on: July 03, 2013, 11:59 PM »

I was watching the paper review on Sky news and one of the articles is about viewers complaining about Andy's language. Turn him off if it offends you so much. What a bunch of whinging, whining morons.

That was the only mention of Andy. Nothing about him coming back from 2 sets down. Nothing about him being in the semis again. Typical.
[ Last edit by IonaRed July 04, 2013, 12:07 AM ] IP Logged
Kavanaugh
Satellite Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6733 on: July 04, 2013, 12:04 AM »

I used to argue all the time with the AMB but there is no point in banging your head against the same brick wall and there are less of them nowadays, you also have to remember that he is a high profile celebrity, trust me Nadal, Novak and Federer get just as much hate as Andy does, thankfully they and Andy have 100 times as many supporters than haters Smile

Thanks Gnome ... I know you're right.  I'm glad I have this place to turn to when the overwhelming stupid outside gets too much on occasion!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #6734 on: July 04, 2013, 12:08 AM »

I was watching the paper review on Sky news and one of the articles is about viewers complaining about Andy's language. Turn him off if it offends you so much. What a bunch of whinging, whining morons.

People just have no idea about competitive sport. It gets tense. During the match today I didn't hear one apology for Andy's language, which the BBC usually falls over itself to do if he swears. I suspect I was swearing more than him!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 448 [449] 450 451 452 ... 722 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »