Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 1 Member and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 ... 749 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 455545 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #6735 on: July 04, 2013, 12:26 AM »

Andy just posted this on twitter

Andy Murray ‏@andy_murray
Don't be too hard on garry richardson he had a bad day and he apologised afterwards
How many bad days does a person need to have before it just becomes a regular day?
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6736 on: July 04, 2013, 12:46 AM »

People just have no idea about competitive sport. It gets tense. During the match today I didn't hear one apology for Andy's language, which the BBC usually falls over itself to do if he swears. I suspect I was swearing more than him!

The Beeb did apologise when he was ranting at end of second set but it kinda sounded like a 'we know folk will complain we are hearing the f word so we better pre empt it and say sorry - they were justifying Andy's rant at the same time'
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #6737 on: July 04, 2013, 12:57 AM »

How many bad days does a person need to have before it just becomes a regular day?

Exactly. Gracious of Andy though. I still favour someone decking the bloke, but that's me Wink.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6738 on: July 04, 2013, 01:05 AM »

Lets hope Andy has the last laugh on Sunday!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #6739 on: July 04, 2013, 01:07 AM »

Don't be too hard on garry richardson he had a bad day and he apologised afterwards
So typical of Andy's graciousness to find an excuse for Richardson.  He's a professional reporter/interviewer is he not, and as such should be able to handle 'bad days'?  If he can't then he should be seeking employment elsewhere.

I was watching the paper review on Sky news and one of the articles is about viewers complaining about Andy's language. Turn him off if it offends you so much. What a bunch of whinging, whining morons.

That was the only mention of Andy. Nothing about him coming back from 2 sets down. Nothing about him being in the semis again. Typical.
Andy rarely swears these days, or at least a lot less than he used to, so I don't know what the mamby-pamby little dears were complaining about, especially as it seems you only have to turn the TV on these days to hear the same or worse.  Personally I am totally fed-up hearing the remark "contains strong language" which precedes so many late evening programmes, yet the announcers say it with a smile like it's something to be proud of.

IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6740 on: July 04, 2013, 01:13 AM »

If I remember rightly (was funnily enough a bit stressed at time so cd be wrong) comms said sorry if folk were offended by Andy's strong language but basically he was annoyed at himself for letting 2 sets get away from him. Not a big fan of swearing (though have been guilty of it myself... ) but wd rather Andy did that as it shows he cares than sit passively and emotionless like he didnt care. Probably a no win situation in that respect
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #6741 on: July 04, 2013, 01:24 AM »

If I remember rightly (was funnily enough a bit stressed at time so cd be wrong) comms said sorry if folk were offended by Andy's strong language but basically he was annoyed at himself for letting 2 sets get away from him. Not a big fan of swearing (though have been guilty of it myself... ) but wd rather Andy did that as it shows he cares than sit passively and emotionless like he didnt care. Probably a no win situation in that respect
To be honest I wasn't quite sure what the comms said other than apologising, but I agree that I'd rather see a passionate, swearing Andy, who's only directing his comments at himself and not other people, than an emotionless lump of lard.  Anyway it had the desired effect, and that's the main thing.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6742 on: July 04, 2013, 01:36 AM »

Absolutely!Friday ... Bring it on!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6743 on: July 04, 2013, 01:38 AM »

Just shows really how much we expect of
Andy that at end of match I ddn't feel the excited elation of years gone by, more a kind of 'well I should think so too' as in he shdve won this match and expecting him to keep getting to semis is routine and excitement comes later.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6744 on: July 04, 2013, 04:31 AM »

From the Daily Fail

I hope Murray folds under pressure from his home crowd, says Janowicz ahead of semi

Jerzy Janowicz hopes Andy Murray folds under the pressure of the British public’s expectations in their Wimbledon semi-final.

The Scot secured his place in the last four in remarkable fashion on Wednesday evening, recovering a two-set deficit to sneak past Fernando Verdasco in five.

All that now stands between him and a second consecutive All England Club final is big-hitting Janowicz, who struck a remarkable 30 aces as he powered past fellow Pole Lukasz Kubot 7-5, 6-4, 6-4.

The imposing 22-year-old, standing at 6ft 8in, is the youngest Wimbledon semi-finalist since Murray four years ago and Poland’s first man to have reached the last four of a grand slam.

But, unlike the man he will face on Friday, anything else now comes a bonus for Janowicz.

There has not been a British men’s singles winner at Wimbledon since 1936 and the Pole believes the pressure of a baying nation may work in his favour rather than to Murray’s benefit.

'I hope Andy will feel some kind of pressure,' Janowicz said. 'I’m sure he feels some kind of pressure because Great Britain is waiting for the English (sic) champion in Wimbledon.

'So we’ll see. I’m not thinking right now about this match. I have still one and a half day to recover, and we will see how it going to be.'

Janowicz was taken aback by his victory, dropping to the deck before embracing Kubot and swapping shirts. He was still in a state of shock in the post-match press conference and his eyes were bloodshot from crying.

'It will be a really cool match, a really nice atmosphere there,' Janowicz said. 'For sure the crowd will not really help me, but we’ll see how it’s going to be.

'This is my first semi-final ever, so I don’t know what to expect.'

The pair have faced each other twice previously, boasting a win apiece. Janowicz beat Murray on his way to the Paris Masters final last autumn.

'He’s a great player,' Janowicz said. 'He’s been a top player for many, many years. He won the US Open last year, so it’s not an easy match. Definitely not an easy match.

'I was able to win one match against him last year, so I hope I’m going to be able to do it one more time.'

Janowicz’s biggest weapons are his forehand and booming serve. Lashing down the ball at 140mph on several occasions, the Pole has clocked the fastest serve at the All England Club this fortnight - something Kubot knows all too well after today.

'It’s very difficult to play such a player who is serving bombs,' Kubot said.

'And the variation of the serve is very good, which gives him a high percentage of winning the points.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2355233/Wimbledon-2013-Jerzy-Janowicz-hopes-Andy-Murray-folds-pressure-home-crowd-semi-final.html
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #6745 on: July 04, 2013, 06:12 AM »

OMG how sweet of Andy tender
He should be so lucky though, I still haven't forgiven Delboy Whistle
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #6746 on: July 04, 2013, 09:56 AM »

All I heard from Andy was F**k! What are you doing!!  No big deal in todays world.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #6747 on: July 04, 2013, 11:15 AM »

All I heard from Andy was F**k! What are you doing!!  No big deal in todays world.

It was no big deal. As others have said, better that than showing nothing, or rather, stewing on what had already been and gone.

I get sick of hearing comms apologise to be honest. If people can't cope with a bit of language they shouldn't watch competitive sport. When will people realise that Andy is there to win, not have fun?
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #6748 on: July 04, 2013, 11:48 AM »

Andy's blog saying he won't be intimidated by the Pole

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/23174104
IP Logged
Nicky1877

Re: News Articles « Reply #6749 on: July 04, 2013, 11:48 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/23174104

Murray's article on the bbc website. Sounds like he's confident going into the semi and knows what to expect from Janowicz.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 ... 749 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »