Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 450 [451] 452 453 454 ... 640 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: News Articles  (Read 353978 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #6750 on: July 04, 2013, 12:23 PM »

gnome I hope JJ folds under pressure of his own emotions.
Am so impressed that Andy has it in him to defend that irritating little  creep who goes by the name of Gary Richardson.  And Kavanagh good on you for defending Andy on twitter even if it has no impact - you never know someone might read and have second thoughts about.

and Nicky welcome, thanks for the link (and angie too), which I'll now check out.  Good positive piece but showing he knows what he's up against.  I think JJ doesn't understand how Andy feeds off the crowd - it clearly helped him yesterday and crucial they're in good voice tomorrow too, as he says.  Anyone from MW going to be there?
[ Last edit by Ruthie July 04, 2013, 12:27 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #6751 on: July 04, 2013, 01:35 PM »

Another example of the Daily Mail taking a quote out of proportion. I was about to comment on Janowicz 'hoping Murray would fold under the pressure', but then after reading his comments realised he never actually said that.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Articles « Reply #6752 on: July 04, 2013, 01:43 PM »

Another example of the Daily Mail taking a quote out of proportion. I was about to comment on Janowicz 'hoping Murray would fold under the pressure', but then after reading his comments realised he never actually said that.
Really? That's bad....I was totally disgusted when I thought he'd made those remarks! Another black mark for the Daily Fail!  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #6753 on: July 04, 2013, 01:49 PM »

I didn't hear what JJ said, so I can't comment on whether or not he has been quoted out of context. What I will say is that everyone who plays wants the opponent to lose, to not handle the situation. JJ is just inexperienced enough, and cocky enough, to voice it.

It will be Andy's job to do everything he can to make sure it's JJ who doesn't handle his first grand slam semi. I'm sure he will know exactly what is coming from JJ and he will be ready for it.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #6754 on: July 04, 2013, 05:01 PM »

All I heard from Andy was F**k! What are you doing!!  No big deal in todays world.
That's exactly what I remember hearing, but thought I might have missed something worse from the way the comms were reacting.   In fact it's such a commonly used word today that most people don't bat an eyelid when they hear it.  Nice to see that 'Auntie' BBC is still alive and kicking.  Just a pity they don't apply the same attitude to some of their other programmes.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6755 on: July 04, 2013, 05:28 PM »

The quote is also on other articles but without the headline.  It seems he did say that the pressure on Andy could be helpful to him.. I hope he realises that Andy has coped with pressure for so long now I do not think it will have the same impact as it would on JJ himself.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #6756 on: July 04, 2013, 07:05 PM »

Really? That's bad....I was totally disgusted when I thought he'd made those remarks! Another black mark for the Daily Fail!  Rolling Eyes
He says he thinks Murray will be under pressure and hopes that it affects his game. Reasonable comments from someone who knows that he stands little chance if his opponent is at his best. Never actually used the word 'folds' though.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Articles « Reply #6757 on: July 04, 2013, 08:04 PM »

Well.....I suppose he'd be thinking it [I know I would] even if not saying it out loud.......so I can 'half' forgive him!  Wink Seems like a nice chap actually! Thanks TMH! Oh......and I hope you enjoyed your birthday on Monday.......same day as my husband's.....and was Princess Diana's too I believe!
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6758 on: July 04, 2013, 09:10 PM »

The apologies for swearing annoy me too, not that I blame the actual presenters, as they have no choice.  It's the people who complain that do my nut.   Personally, I found the frequent, slow-motion, high definition repeats of Delpo's injury far more upsetting to witness.  They should issue warnings when they are going to do that!  I kept looking away when they started to show it, but they'd slow it right down, so it was still happening whenever I looked back again.

Incidentally, I've noticed that fairly graphic violence is often considered OK, when words, yes that's WORDS, might be upsetting.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: News Articles « Reply #6759 on: July 04, 2013, 09:18 PM »

The thing is that it is the BBC's fault for showing any swearing. The director could easily cut to something else in a fraction of a second - and boy do they like cutting to the crowd!

Incidentally, the proportion of idiots complaining about "the swearing" we a tad on the small side given that the ratings in the 5th set hit 10.1 million viewers!
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: News Articles « Reply #6760 on: July 04, 2013, 09:26 PM »

some people just live to make complaints pullhair
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #6761 on: July 04, 2013, 10:12 PM »

Another article about the interview!

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/wimbledon/andy-murray-fergie-and-a-very-awkward-bbc-interview-by-garry-richardson-after-thrilling-wimbledon-win-8687041.html

Anyone know where Kim's quote originated from?She almost never comments publicly,so if she did I would've thought we'd see more written about it,but I've only seen that same quote re-produced in one or two articles.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #6762 on: July 04, 2013, 10:29 PM »

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/wimbledon/andy-murray-fergie-and-a-very-awkward-bbc-interview-by-garry-richardson-after-thrilling-wimbledon-win-8687041.html

Anyone know where Kim's quote originated from?She almost never comments publicly,so if she did I would've thought we'd see more written about it,but I've only seen that same quote re-produced in one or two articles.

I really hope Kim did say what she is quoted as having said. It's the truth. It was fantastic support on the hill, and they were much better than on CC, especially at first.

If Andy does get a fine for swearing in the heat of the moment I won't be surprised, but I will be furious. Andy was swearing at himself. It was entirely understandable. Federer swore at Andy over the net at the AO and you can bet he got away with it. I suppose two wrongs don't (arguably) make a right, but I would much rather hear a player swear at himself (not that it was audible) to get himself going, than hear one, especially one who repeatedly wins sportsmanship awards, swearing over the net at an opponent.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #6763 on: July 04, 2013, 10:34 PM »

What an awful article. Not least by claiming Andy 'stormed off' but also by seeming to imply that it was just Murray fans over-reacting. For what it's worth it wasn't just Murray fans who made  comments about Richardson but fans of all players (from what I could gather) who watched the interview. It wasn't people getting 'irate' or offended, but miffed at why the BBC still employ this tool.

Any article that quotes random people off twitter isn't worth reading. Typically lazy, exaggerated journalism.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #6764 on: July 04, 2013, 10:51 PM »

It's not a great article Mad,but what I've found interesting was just how much coverage this has got.Yesterday when articles first started appearing about the interview,I thought I'd try and keep track-to see how many supported Andy,how many might feel the need to try and defend Richardson.Today I quickly decided against that-too many! lol I've been thrilled to see the level of support for Andy though,and how many have expressed admiration for how he handled the situation.

I was interested by that quote of Kim's too-like I said,I wondered where it originated from,given that she normally stays well away from the speaking-to-press side of things.I thought it must have been from her twitter,because of Andy's quotes being from twitter,but nope! Shrug

Anyway,I hope the crowds take the hint.Andy's asked for loud crowd support every opportunity he's got,and now Kim's urged it too.He finally got it yesterday-but only after everything nearly fell apart for him!I just really hope the crowd are loud in their support from the outset tomorrow pray

I really hope Kim did say what she is quoted as having said. It's the truth. It was fantastic support on the hill, and they were much better than on CC, especially at first.

If Andy does get a fine for swearing in the heat of the moment I won't be surprised, but I will be furious. Andy was swearing at himself. It was entirely understandable. Federer swore at Andy over the net at the AO and you can bet he got away with it. I suppose two wrongs don't (arguably) make a right, but I would much rather hear a player swear at himself (not that it was audible) to get himself going, than hear one, especially one who repeatedly wins sportsmanship awards, swearing over the net at an opponent.

Agree on every count Teejay!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 450 [451] 452 453 454 ... 640 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »