Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 1 Member and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 457 [458] 459 460 461 ... 645 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: News Articles  (Read 361630 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #6855 on: July 09, 2013, 08:37 AM »

omg it's all so overwhelming.  Andy is coming across so well as the modest, well grounded young man that he is.  I love the fact that he hopes his life wont' change too much and that he looks to the people round him to make sure he keeps his feet on the ground. 
Can't believe that there are still people who want to carp.  I heard this sports sociologist on five live sunday night going on about how he doesn't have a global reach and how he's surly and uninteresting.  He said something very similar last year when Andy got to final.  Clearly he dislikes Andy and then dresses that up as some kind of expertise.  I was too tired to phone in as really needed some sleep but fortunately the presenter was himself incensed and said something like you must either be very stupid or ... I forget the rest.  No global reach?  How about his devoted fans in Oz?  The Rado advertising hoardings I saw in Hong Kong? And how anyone can still call him surly is just beyond me.  What is lovely is the number of tennis correspondents writing such positive things about him the man as well as his game including two very nice pieces by Neil Harman in Times yesterday.  In one of them he describes andy as 'clever, funny, straight, engaging and yes, exceedingly interesting'  Says that in interviews 'he is as good as there is'. 
Oh I could go on....
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Articles « Reply #6856 on: July 09, 2013, 08:48 AM »

^ Sports sociologist?  confused Sound more like a complete tool to me! He's probably a frustrated wannabe tennis player, who is absolutely green with envy!   Rolling Eyes    Thank God for the Neil Harmans of the world!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #6857 on: July 09, 2013, 09:36 AM »

The thing that annoyed me for a moment yesterday was a sports psychologist popping up on the news.

This bloke apparently worked with Andy early on, I think they said 2007, so I assume after the wrist injury? I can't remember his name, but he was annoying. From the way he talked you would think he'd helped Andy to win Wimbledon, had played a major part in Andy's success all along. He was clearly nothing but a bandwagon jumper.

There's been some lovely stuff said over the last day or two. It was nice on Today At Wimbledon to hear Rod Laver talk about how well Andy played. It's been great to see pundits queueing up to say great things. Seeing McEnroe predict such a bright future ahead for Andy was the icing on the cake for me.

I've just loved seeing Andy in his interviews. Sure, he looks a bit tired, but who wouldn't? The wonderful thing is seeing him looking so relaxed and happy. He's come over so well, warm, funny, intelligent, articulate. I was delighted when, in one interview, he was asked about how his achievements might encourage more kids to play. He said he hopes it does, but, with a smile, he said that it isn't his job to worry about that. Too true!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Articles « Reply #6858 on: July 09, 2013, 11:05 AM »

I saw that interview TJ and thought that was a very unfair question to have asked! It seemed to me that he expected Andy to 'help' financially! Disgraceful when the LTA are getting so much funding......£60 million a year I think! Thank goodness Andy wasn't thrown and answered it very well!
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6859 on: July 09, 2013, 03:02 PM »

Have a look at this lucky guy!
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/10534221.Bradford_tennis_fan_sees_Murray_make_history_for_only___10/?ref=rss
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #6860 on: July 09, 2013, 03:07 PM »

ooh tj you've just reminded me that I've got Today at W to look forward to when I get back home later this week.  Oh so many idiots either trying to be party poopers or climb on the Murray bandwagon.

Some lovely pictures in the press today of Andy in an embrace with both his parents and the suggestion is that perhaps this has helped some sort of reconciliation between them - not coming back together of course but apparently they've hardly spoken to each other in recent years.  If so, I can imagine that would bring Andy as much happiness as anything.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #6861 on: July 09, 2013, 03:41 PM »

Bet he felt almost as good as Andy. Story seems almost too good to be true, to be honest.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: News Articles « Reply #6862 on: July 09, 2013, 03:53 PM »

http://m.scotsman.com/news/scottish-news/top-stories/andy-murray-wimbledon-winning-hearts-and-trophies-1-2993575
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #6863 on: July 09, 2013, 03:53 PM »

Bet he felt almost as good as Andy. Story seems almost too good to be true, to be honest.

It's believable because there is a booth on top of Henman Hill that re-sells old tickets to visitors for reduced prices. The cost of Centre Court tickets from there is £10.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: News Articles « Reply #6864 on: July 09, 2013, 03:57 PM »

Man I hate bandwagoners   The media were brutal to Andy.    And now they couldn't be more up his arse .   It only took 8 years.   Ffs.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #6865 on: July 09, 2013, 03:57 PM »

It's believable because there is a booth on top of Henman Hill that re-sells old tickets to visitors for reduced prices. The cost of Centre Court tickets from there is £10.
  The logistics of returned tickets and the chances of securing a front seat must be infinitesimal.  Still, anything that can happen, will happen, i guess.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #6866 on: July 09, 2013, 04:20 PM »

ooh tj you've just reminded me that I've got Today at W to look forward to when I get back home later this week.  Oh so many idiots either trying to be party poopers or climb on the Murray bandwagon.

Some lovely pictures in the press today of Andy in an embrace with both his parents and the suggestion is that perhaps this has helped some sort of reconciliation between them - not coming back together of course but apparently they've hardly spoken to each other in recent years.  If so, I can imagine that would bring Andy as much happiness as anything.

Enjoy Today At Wimbledon Ruthie, I did!

It seems to me that bandwagon jumpers will always get in on the act. Andy's bright enough, and focused enough, to ignore the lot of it. The thing that doesn't worry me at all is any chance of him getting carried away now, with all the trimmings. He's worked too hard for this, and is still too hungry for more, to let that happen. Besides, Lendl would kick his butt Whistle.

I saw one lovely pic yesterday from the Wimbledon ball of Judy and Will embracing Andy. It made me really choke up to see them together and see them looking so happy for him. If what Andy did on Sunday brings Judy and Will to some sort of better understanding and peace I'm sure Andy will be delighted.

The one thing that did cross my mind about Andy winning Wimbledon (I love saying that, he did it yay yay yay yay!) is that at least he got his replica trophy straight away. I had to smile though when he said in one of the interviews that after the presentation of the actual trophy on the court, he was looking for his name on the trophy and couldn't find it. He said he was getting worried until it was pointed out to him that his name, like all the winners from a certain point (I must read my copy of John Barrett's book to find out when, Andy did say, but my brain has gone!), was on the base.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #6867 on: July 09, 2013, 05:37 PM »

Really loved this article, what a caring person Andy is to go and hit with these kids as tired as he must be.  Hope he got his Milky Bars in the frig.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6868 on: July 09, 2013, 05:57 PM »

Andy's first column as Wimbledon winner yay

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/23229819

What's interesting in this is the comments Andy makes about how it's natural that members of his team, the older they get, will want to travel less to spend time with their families instead. It struck me as an odd and random thing to mention in his last column the day after winning Wimbledon, but read in light of Andy Ireland's absence due to personal reasons you begin to wonder if AI's situation is what Andy's eluding too. be a shame if AI won't be rejoining Andy on team Murray, but understandable if that is the case and I'm sure they'll remain good friends.

Or I could be completely wrong!!
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: News Articles « Reply #6869 on: July 09, 2013, 06:14 PM »

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2279870/andy-murray-beats-twitter-record
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 457 [458] 459 460 461 ... 645 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »