Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 464 [465] 466 467 468 ... 755 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 465909 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #6960 on: July 15, 2013, 12:53 AM »

Andy might get his OBE at Holyrood House in Edinburgh when the Royals come north for their summer break. They normally do some stuff up here before heading to Balmoral. When Andy gets back from this 5 day break he said he hoped to spend some time in Dumblane which is about 30 mins from Edinburgh.
He said he is taking a 5 day break before training starts again next Saturday, so a trip to Scotland sounds unlikely.
An Investiture was held on 2 July by the Queen at Holyrood Palace during her traditional Holyrood Week.  Also these Investitures are only for recipients who live in Scotland, although had Andy been free to attend it's possible an exception might have been made.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6961 on: July 15, 2013, 11:05 AM »

It's interesting, Andy might have missed the boat! He is unlikely to return to the UK until after the US Open now. So his OBE Investiture may have to wait until late Sept or October?
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #6962 on: July 15, 2013, 11:24 AM »

It's interesting, Andy might have missed the boat! He is unlikely to return to the UK until after the US Open now. So his OBE Investiture may have to wait until late Sept or October?

And his visit to dunblane 
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #6963 on: July 15, 2013, 02:13 PM »

Andy and Kim in Bahamas

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/wimbledon-champion-andy-murray-girlfriend-2054646
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #6964 on: July 15, 2013, 02:59 PM »

Thanks Angie.  Shame he isn't taking a longer break though but I reckon he'll be raring to start training for Montreal.

I recently registered with Cromlix House online so's I could be kept up to date with its progress and share it with you, and this was the email I received today -

BOOKINGS SWING INTO ACTION AT WIMBLEDON CHAMPION'S NEW LUXURY HOTEL

As Britain continues to bask in his sensational Wimbledon success, Andy Murray’s new luxury Scottish hotel is this week starting to take bookings for its first guests.

With the five star Cromlix scheduled to open next spring, the hotel’s management today (15 of July) launched its official website and online booking facility.

Guests can choose from 10 luxurious, individually designed bedrooms and five suites at the elegant Victorian mansion, close to Andy’s hometown of Dunblane, in Perthshire. The tennis superstar has named each of the rooms after great Scots from the past and present.

Purchased by Andy in February, the hotel is currently undergoing extensive refurbishment. Re-establishing Cromlix as a leading luxury destination will create up to 40 new local jobs and generate significant new custom for other nearby businesses.

Andy said:  “I have obviously been pretty busy recently, but I’ve been keeping in touch with the refurbishment work at Cromlix and am delighted with its progress.

“I’m really looking forward to the hotel getting up and running, creating new jobs in my home community and supporting other local businesses.”

Cromlix is already fully booked throughout next year’s Ryder Cup, which is being staged a short drive away at Gleneagles.

The hotel is being managed on behalf of Andy by Inverlochy Castle Management International (ICMI), who already manage eight other renowned independent properties around Scotland, including Inverlochy Castle, near Fort William, Greywalls Hotel in Gullane and The Atholl, in Edinburgh. ICMI’s group of industry experts includes Albert Roux OBE, KFO, owner of Le Gavroche in London, the first UK restaurant to be awarded thee Michelin stars.

Norbert Lieder, ICMI’s managing director, said: “There has been a huge amount of interest in Cromlix ever since Andy bought it and made his plans for the hotel known.  That has intensified since his wonderful win at Wimbledon.

“The ICMI staff and project team are hard at work on the major refurbishment programme to create a five star destination here.  The launch of the website and online booking facility is a major milestone in the project. We are very much looking forward to seeing the bookings coming in and welcoming our first guests next year.”

Situated in beautiful countryside, less than five miles from Dunblane, Cromlix is set in secluded woodlands and gardens and has a trout loch in its grounds.

On reopening the hotel will boast a Chez Roux restaurant offering fine dining using locally sourced produce. With Chez Roux’s very reasonably priced menu Andy hopes to attract diners from the Dunblane and Stirling area, as achieved by the brand elsewhere in Scotland.
[ Last edit by Aileen July 15, 2013, 03:13 PM ] IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #6965 on: July 15, 2013, 03:08 PM »

Thanks Angie.  Shame he isn't taking a longer break though but I reckon he'll be raring to start training for Montreal.

I know Aileen he never seems to take holidays for more than a week, workaholic our boy..
Well I suppose you don't get to be an Olympic and double slam champ by lazing on the beach for weeks lol Smile
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #6966 on: July 15, 2013, 03:09 PM »

That's fab article Aileen I look forward to a stay some day in the future Wink
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #6967 on: July 15, 2013, 05:21 PM »

You could always save up your pennies and go and have one of the 'very reasonably priced' meals, Angie.

It'll be interesting to see which 'great Scots from the past and present' Andy names the bedrooms and suites after, particularly the present ones.  It wouldn't surprise me if Sir Alex Ferguson was one of them.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: News Articles « Reply #6968 on: July 15, 2013, 06:00 PM »

Just sharing this article with you. Yet another accolade for Andy's achievement clap

As well as temperatures in the high 20s visitors will be able to see the Royal Horticultural Society’s tribute to the first British men’s Wimbledon singles champion for 77 years.
Dahlia ‘Andy Murray’ is a dark-stemmed dahlia with a golden flower and it is perfect for the golden boy of British tennis.

The flower will be showcased at the RHS show, which runs until Sunday, and will be available to buy from the National Dahlia Collection (www.national-dahlia-collection.co.uk).

Jon Wheatley, leading dahlia expert and RHS Council member, said: "The RHS is proud to serve up this winning dahlia for Andy Murray, which is a top-seeded flower and a certain ace for the garden. It also has good stamina and will flower from July right through to November."

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/garden/414452/Out-and-about-RHS-Hampton-Court-Palace-Gardening-Show-has-Andy-Murray-tribute

* Andy Murray Dahlia.jpg (45.21 KB, 450x450 - viewed 242 times.)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #6969 on: July 15, 2013, 06:35 PM »

Just sharing this article with you. Yet another accolade for Andy's achievement clap

As well as temperatures in the high 20s visitors will be able to see the Royal Horticultural Society’s tribute to the first British men’s Wimbledon singles champion for 77 years.
Dahlia ‘Andy Murray’ is a dark-stemmed dahlia with a golden flower and it is perfect for the golden boy of British tennis.

The flower will be showcased at the RHS show, which runs until Sunday, and will be available to buy from the National Dahlia Collection (www.national-dahlia-collection.co.uk).

Jon Wheatley, leading dahlia expert and RHS Council member, said: "The RHS is proud to serve up this winning dahlia for Andy Murray, which is a top-seeded flower and a certain ace for the garden. It also has good stamina and will flower from July right through to November."

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/garden/414452/Out-and-about-RHS-Hampton-Court-Palace-Gardening-Show-has-Andy-Murray-tribute

Thanks for posting Linda. Smile  If I had a garden I'd be planting plenty of these, but I'm content to have it as my avatar, although I had to opt for the orange blended variety as shown on their website because that one couldn't fit.  Still looks really great though.

EDIT:  I notice that, not surprisingly, purchases of the flower are limited to three per order. 
[ Last edit by Aileen July 15, 2013, 08:56 PM ] IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #6970 on: July 15, 2013, 06:46 PM »

That's lovely, very striking.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #6971 on: July 15, 2013, 06:49 PM »

Re the investiture thing, there is another way it could happen. If a royal is going abroad, to one of the countries Andy will be in over the next few months, they could do the investiture. It doesn't have to be the Queen and it doesn't have to take place in this country.

I'm sure they must have realised when Andy received the honour that he would find it tough to find time to fit an investiture in.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #6972 on: July 15, 2013, 07:07 PM »

Re the investiture thing, there is another way it could happen. If a royal is going abroad, to one of the countries Andy will be in over the next few months, they could do the investiture. It doesn't have to be the Queen and it doesn't have to take place in this country.

I'm sure they must have realised when Andy received the honour that he would find it tough to find time to fit an investiture in.
I knew it didn't have to be the Queen but didn't realise investitures could be held abroad.  It makes sense though given that awards, including Honorary Knighthoods, are often given to people overseas.
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6973 on: July 15, 2013, 09:18 PM »

You could always save up your pennies and go and have one of the 'very reasonably priced' meals, Angie.

It'll be interesting to see which 'great Scots from the past and present' Andy names the bedrooms and suites after, particularly the present ones.  It wouldn't surprise me if Sir Alex Ferguson was one of them.

This link was posted on twitter http://www.cromlix.com/accommodation/ there is a Ferguson spa suite amongst the rooms.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: News Articles « Reply #6974 on: July 15, 2013, 09:25 PM »

Quality tabloid journalism. Just loving this photo in the Mirror of Andy Murray celebrating his Wimbledon win. Spot the deliberate mistake.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/tennis/andy-murray-kim-sears-pictures-2055730
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 464 [465] 466 467 468 ... 755 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »