Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 466 [467] 468 469 470 ... 759 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 478017 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #6990 on: July 16, 2013, 02:03 AM »

Did AndyMurray.com actually post location details? That seems unusual and as someone who visits the site regularly I didn't notice any such information on there. Odd.
Not the exact location, but the background pic pretty much gives it away that it's the Bahamas.  Also I'm sure I read it somewhere else. 

I don't know, I mean do you think Andy would agree to that given the number of times he said no to the documentary? Plus I remember reading an interview during Monte Carlo where he mentioned being offered joint magazine spreads which they've always decline.

Shrug
Yes but he finally agreed to the documentary.  Maybe, as The Gnome says, he realises that now that he's a big celebrity he's going to have to live with this sort of thing but was canny enough to strike a deal with the media? That, of course, won't rule out the gutter paparazzi, but hopefully it will have dawned on them by now that Andy's modest lifestyle isn't of interest to sensation lovers.

IP Logged
snorkel.maiden
Junior

Re: News Articles « Reply #6991 on: July 16, 2013, 08:57 AM »

I find it very odd that 9 days later the 'About' section on his website still hasn't been updated!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #6992 on: July 16, 2013, 09:07 AM »

I find it very odd that 9 days later the 'About' section on his website still hasn't been updated!

His website is a disgrace!! Whoever runs it needs a boot up there ass.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Articles « Reply #6993 on: July 16, 2013, 09:09 AM »

His website is a disgrace!! Whoever runs it needs a boot up there ass.
  yes
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6994 on: July 16, 2013, 09:13 AM »

I don't think it's so much case of setting up photos, but high profile celebs know they will get papped (and any old idiot with a digital camera can now make a mint if they get an exclusive), so they try to manage the situation as best they can.  I think this is where working with a top management company who can give good advice, and has a bit of power, comes into its own.   They may have said to the papers, we won't complain if you print those photos, so long as you leave them alone afterwards and don't print anything more intrusive that you might get offered in the next few days.    In particular, no bikini shots etc.

That said, I noticed that one of the photos as they moved back up the beach had a few blurry branches, so the photographer was obviously using a long lens from a distance.  There are photographers who hang out in locations like that hoping to get lucky.  When you reach a certain level of fame, it's hard to keep your holiday destinations secret.  People see you getting on the plane and the photo agencies have contacts at the airports who will tip them off.  Short of going to a private island, they are going to get their photos taken.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #6995 on: July 16, 2013, 11:59 AM »

His official website announced to the world that they were going to the Bahamas, so I blame them, although surely they wouldn't say so without Andy's permission?  Seems a bit odd though given how much he values his privacy.

I'm in two minds about the pictures. They are nice, and it is lovely to see Andy and Kim looking so happy and relaxed, but to me they both look completely oblivious to the fact they are being photographed.

The paps have lenses that can be used from a quarter of a mile away apparently. It looks to me as if these were done from quite a distance, given how natural Andy and Kim look. I'd like to think Andy and Kim had agreed to the pics being done, but I honestly doubt it.

Even if Andy did announce where they were going, I'm not sure that justifies the paps being intrusive, assuming, of course, the pics were not done with Andy and Kim's consent.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #6996 on: July 16, 2013, 01:41 PM »

Golf, not Murray, has Lendl's full attention at the moment

Ivan Lendl's hectic schedule left him little time to prepare for the 31st Connecticut Senior Open.

Just over a week ago, Lendl was sitting courtside watching tennis history as his student, Andy Murray, became the first British man to win Wimbledon since Fred Perry in 1936.

"For the two weeks, it was crazy," Lendl said after finishing his opening round at Shennecossett Golf Course. "Everybody kept talking about Fred Perry and 77 years, so it was absolutely nuts. ... Andy's a great player, obviously. He's proving it."

Lendl, who won eight major tennis titles during his stellar career, has coached Murray for just 18 months. Last year he spent about 26 weeks working with his prized student.

Murray praised Lendl for his breakthrough victory, although Lendl declined to take credit for Murray's win.

"Maybe he would have won the same or more without me, maybe not," Lendl said. "We'll never know."

Murray set off a wild and emotional celebration at the All England Club when he finally put away top-seeded Novak Djokovic in straight sets.

Yet the stoic Lendl remained calm and took a few mental notes.

"I look at what needs to be done and what work I have in the future with him instead of getting caught up in the moment," Lendl said. "There's nothing I can do about it once he's on the court anyway. I can just dissect it the best I can and take mental notes what he should be doing so he gets better."

http://www.theday.com/article/20130716/SPORT04/307169935/-1/SPORT
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Articles « Reply #6997 on: July 16, 2013, 01:56 PM »

I agree TeeJay & Sparkle.....Whilst it was nice to see Andy and Kim so relaxed and happy, it did feel like an intrusion!
IP Logged
Kavanaugh
Satellite Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6998 on: July 16, 2013, 04:37 PM »

I agree TeeJay & Sparkle.....Whilst it was nice to see Andy and Kim so relaxed and happy, it did feel like an intrusion!
I felt the same.  I saw these photos first on Tumblr, and was torn between 'awwwwww, so nice to see him having such a good time' and 'eeeeep, this is NOT meant for my consumption'.  I mean, the photos are perfectly decent (it's not like they caught Kim topless or something) but they didn't invite ME on holiday with them and frankly after all they've both given over the last couple of weeks you can't help feeling they deserve some time alone and unmolested by the media.

I know it's never going to happen and this will just become standard in future the more famous Andy gets - you can't put the bunny back in the topper after winning Wimbledon - but I'll never be comfortable with it.  I'm glad at least they're happy though. Smile
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: News Articles « Reply #6999 on: July 16, 2013, 05:00 PM »

The reason these photos feel like an intrusion is because they were natural, they can't have known they were being photographed. Andy may drop the odd tear in public but his obviously 'in love' demeanor is so open he must have thought they were unobserved or too far from anybody to be seen.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #7000 on: July 16, 2013, 05:48 PM »

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/1861111/report-my-goal-is-to-follow-andy-murray-justin-rose
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7001 on: July 16, 2013, 09:55 PM »

I'm in two minds about the pictures. They are nice, and it is lovely to see Andy and Kim looking so happy and relaxed, but to me they both look completely oblivious to the fact they are being photographed.

The paps have lenses that can be used from a quarter of a mile away apparently. It looks to me as if these were done from quite a distance, given how natural Andy and Kim look. I'd like to think Andy and Kim had agreed to the pics being done, but I honestly doubt it.

Even if Andy did announce where they were going, I'm not sure that justifies the paps being intrusive, assuming, of course, the pics were not done with Andy and Kim's consent.
I read in today's Scotsman that Andy tweeted that he and Kim had arrived in the Bahamas.  Apparently they go there quite often for a few day's relaxation, and their favourite location was given in that newspaper along with a couple of pics of them frolicking on the beach.

I'm sure they aren't so naive as to think that they won't be followed and photographed if they announce on Twitter where they are, which does make me think it could have been pre-arranged, and the pics are pretty innocent anyway.  There's nothing wrong with seeing a young man hugging his girlfriend.  I'll only start being concerned if pics appear in the gutter press of their more intimate moments, because that would really mean that the paps are hounding them, and these creeps will use all sorts of methods to get a sensational pic.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7002 on: July 16, 2013, 10:00 PM »

I read in today's Scotsman that Andy tweeted that he and Kim had arrived in the Bahamas. 

I follow Andy on twitter Aileen,and he never said where they were-at least not that I saw.He simply said he was finally off a plane and planning a 5 day break that involved doing very little!But in this day and age,I doubt it would be very difficult for paparazzi to find out where someone famous was going Shrug

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7003 on: July 16, 2013, 10:09 PM »

I follow Andy on twitter Aileen,and he never said where they were-at least not that I saw.He simply said he was finally off a plane and planning a 5 day break that involved doing very little!But in this day and age,I doubt it would be very difficult for paparazzi to find out where someone famous was going Shrug

The Scotsman is usually a respectable and reliable newspaper, but here's the section of that article I was referring to -

Wimbledon champion Andy Murray has swapped Centre Court for beach tennis on a well-earned break with girlfriend Kim Sears.

The Scot tweeted that the holiday in the Bahamas was a chance for him to enjoy a period of relaxation.

Arriving on Sunday night, he wrote: “Just got off flight … Nice 5 day break coming up before training starts again next Saturday… Going to eat a lot and do very little else.”

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/scotland/andy-murray-and-kim-sears-in-holiday-tennis-match-1-3002402

IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7004 on: July 16, 2013, 10:19 PM »

The Scotsman is usually a respectable and reliable newspaper, but here's the section of that article I was referring to -

Wimbledon champion Andy Murray has swapped Centre Court for beach tennis on a well-earned break with girlfriend Kim Sears.

The Scot tweeted that the holiday in the Bahamas was a chance for him to enjoy a period of relaxation.

Arriving on Sunday night, he wrote: “Just got off flight … Nice 5 day break coming up before training starts again next Saturday… Going to eat a lot and do very little else.”

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/scotland/andy-murray-and-kim-sears-in-holiday-tennis-match-1-3002402

Looks like the tweet I saw!I just meant that I don't think Andy ever said that he was going to/in the Bahamas,though more than one news article I've read recently has said that Andy himself said it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 466 [467] 468 469 470 ... 759 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »