Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 2 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 472 [473] 474 475 476 ... 721 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 426366 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7080 on: July 26, 2013, 03:38 PM »

Caz lmao
On form today gal.....
Isner is so skinny with clothes on, can't believe he looks like that without..... Think
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7081 on: July 26, 2013, 03:57 PM »

Caz lmao
On form today gal.....
Isner is so skinny with clothes on, can't believe he looks like that without..... Think

I think that's because he usually goes for the Baggy look, probably one size bigger than is necessary, he certainly doesn't go for the tight fitting look like Andy does.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7082 on: July 26, 2013, 09:52 PM »

He's short of something!  Whistle
I wouldn't know because we can't see anything. Very Happy

I tried, out of fairness to the male members of MW, to post the Radwanska pic but it wouldn't 'take', but her boobs and bits are concealed by her arms and legs, so whilst undoubtedly titillating it's really no more than you would see on a beach.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7083 on: July 27, 2013, 02:03 AM »

My friend in New York just sent me this message.

"I went running this morning before work, and a NYC bus went by with a big ad on the side for the USO.  It was a shot of Andy kissing the trophy.  Way bigger than life.  I thought of you."

Yeah Andy on the side of a bus. I've asked her to try and get a photo.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7084 on: July 27, 2013, 03:35 AM »

MURRAY TO START '14 SEASON IN CHENNAI?  [The Asian Age, 27 July]

Recently-crowned Wimbledon champion Andy Murray may kickstart his 2014 campaign in Chennai. The big names in men’s tennis seem to be changing the pattern of their ATP season opener as Roger Federer has already confirmed he will compete in Brisbane for the first time in his career.

While the Swiss maestro has chosen the Queensland capital to prepare for the season’s first grand slam — the Australian Open — Murray is believed to be in talks with organisers of the Chennai Open.

The Scot, who ended Britain’s long wait for a men’s champion at Wimbledon this year, played at an exhibition in Abu Dhabi before starting his 2013 season with a title triumph at Brisbane, which coincides with two other 250 tournaments in Chennai and Doha.

Murray was recently roped in by Mahesh Bhupathi’s sports management firm, Globosport, with an aim to develop the tennis star’s off-court interests in Asia and West Asia. With the International Tennis Premier League, also promoted by Bhupathi’s firm, set to take off at the end of the 2014 season, sources say Murray’s presence in Chennai would help tap the Indian market.

Not ruling out talks with Murray, Karti P. Chidambaram, a key organiser of the Chennai Open and vice-president of the All India Tennis Association, said a definitive list of players would be out after the US Open in the first week of September.

“We are always seeking out the best players for Chennai. We are open to the prospect of the Wimbledon champion opening his season in Chennai,” Karti said.

Murray had declared after Wimbledon that he would once again be part of the cash-rich exhibition in the UAE capital along with world no.1 Novak Djokovic. After the three-day Abu Dhabi event which concludes on December 28, Murray may land in Chennai where the main draw starts on December 29. The 28-player draw provides a bye for the top four seeds and Murray will get a three-day break before his first match on January 1.

http://www.asianage.com/other-sports/murray-start-14-season-chennai-258
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #7085 on: July 27, 2013, 05:46 AM »

^^ Wow. I would really like that. Very Happy
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7086 on: July 27, 2013, 09:35 AM »

Yeah, i think he's bothered by Fed stalking him so go some place different instead
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #7087 on: July 27, 2013, 09:59 AM »

Agree with most of this until the very last sentence!

Djokovic, And Andy Murray Battle For Title With Tennis Tournament One Month Away [Early Prediction And Preview]
By Greg Price
on July 26 2013 3:49 PM

Scot Andy Murray, left, and No. 1 ranked Novak Djokovic are the favorites heading into next month's U.S. Open in Flushing Meadows, New York. Reuters
A topsy-turvy year culminates in the final major tournament of the season, as a wide open field of champions heads to Flushing Meadows, New York next month for the 2013 U.S. Open.

A different player has won each slam this year, leaving tennis prognosticators unsure as to who is the favorite at Arthur Ashe Stadium.

Based off odds from Las Vegas experts at Bovada, Scotsman Andy Murray and Serb Novak Djokovic are both 7-to-4 favorites, while candidate for Player of the Year Rafael Nadal is right behind them at 7-to-1.

There is no question that Spain’s Nadal has been the most dominant player this season, amassing an outstanding 43-3 record. No. 4 Nadal also clinched a record eighth French Open title, the most times any one player has won a slam.

But his quick exit at Wimbledon earlier this month, and his propensity to wither on any surface other than clay may hold Nadal back. That’s all without mentioning the 27-year-old’s shaky knee that might not hold up on the hard court for the duration of the tournament. It seems Nadal has avoided the hardcourt this season, playing only five matches but winning all of them.

No. 2 ranked Murray is fresh off his Wimbledon final victory over Djokovic, and also has the added advantage of defending his U.S. Open title from last year. Murray has posted almost as impressive a record as Nadal, going 34-5, including a 4-1 mark in tournament finals this year.

Djokovic started the year off as the Australian Open champ, but his success in the later slam rounds has left the 26-year-old top ranked player searching for answers.

Djokovic was the last player to win more than one slam in the same calendar year back in 2011, when he won the Australian, Wimbledon and U.S. He also boasts a solid 15-5 mark in tiebreakers and a 20-2 record on hard court this season.

One certainty is the aforementioned players haven’t forgotten about tour legend Roger Federer.

Admittedly out of his prime production years, Federer has gone 30-9 this season and appeared in two finals in 11 tournaments this season. The 31-year-old is also 1-5 against top 10 opponents, and his 4-7 record when falling behind after the first set might be a sign that his legs just aren’t there anymore.

Federer’s quick second exit at Wimbledon and his poor showing in his home country of Switzerland earlier this week might be a cause for concern as well.

Still, he’s won five titles in Flushing Meadows, far more than the rest of his competition. Federer last won it all in 2008, when he didn’t lose a set until the fourth round when Igor Andreev took him to five sets. Federer would go on to beat Djokovic in the semis and Murray in the final.

When: The tournament will run from Monday Aug. 26 to Sept. 9

Predicton: Murray and Djokovic should coast through the field, and will likely meet in the finals. Nadal should get to the quarters before falling late, and the same goes for Federer. Look for Djokovic to claim his second slam of the year.
[ Last edit by angiebabez July 27, 2013, 10:03 AM ] IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #7088 on: July 27, 2013, 10:08 AM »

MURRAY TO START '14 SEASON IN CHENNAI?  [The Asian Age, 27 July]

Recently-crowned Wimbledon champion Andy Murray may kickstart his 2014 campaign in Chennai. The big names in men’s tennis seem to be changing the pattern of their ATP season opener as Roger Federer has already confirmed he will compete in Brisbane for the first time in his career.

While the Swiss maestro has chosen the Queensland capital to prepare for the season’s first grand slam — the Australian Open — Murray is believed to be in talks with organisers of the Chennai Open.

The Scot, who ended Britain’s long wait for a men’s champion at Wimbledon this year, played at an exhibition in Abu Dhabi before starting his 2013 season with a title triumph at Brisbane, which coincides with two other 250 tournaments in Chennai and Doha.

Murray was recently roped in by Mahesh Bhupathi’s sports management firm, Globosport, with an aim to develop the tennis star’s off-court interests in Asia and West Asia. With the International Tennis Premier League, also promoted by Bhupathi’s firm, set to take off at the end of the 2014 season, sources say Murray’s presence in Chennai would help tap the Indian market.

Not ruling out talks with Murray, Karti P. Chidambaram, a key organiser of the Chennai Open and vice-president of the All India Tennis Association, said a definitive list of players would be out after the US Open in the first week of September.

“We are always seeking out the best players for Chennai. We are open to the prospect of the Wimbledon champion opening his season in Chennai,” Karti said.

Murray had declared after Wimbledon that he would once again be part of the cash-rich exhibition in the UAE capital along with world no.1 Novak Djokovic. After the three-day Abu Dhabi event which concludes on December 28, Murray may land in Chennai where the main draw starts on December 29. The 28-player draw provides a bye for the top four seeds and Murray will get a three-day break before his first match on January 1.

http://www.asianage.com/other-sports/murray-start-14-season-chennai-258
  I'd like to see him stick with Brisbane. It's ideal for the run-up to Melbourne, giving him good exposure in Oz, and it's become a bit of a tradition.  I don't expect he's concerned in the least about Fed being there.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #7089 on: July 27, 2013, 11:16 AM »

Angie, the funny thing is that Djokovic was most people's pick for the USO last year, and was the favourite.

I think for Andy some of it depends on how he comes down off winning Wimbledon. I suppose there could be a danger of being flat after such a high. On the other hand, he could come out raring to go again. I'm glad he had that short break, to relax and enjoy himself, but also it would surely have given him chance to get his head around what he's done.

I'm sure Djokovic will want to try to come back hard against Andy, but if Andy comes out ready to go and playing as he can he will be tough to beat.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7090 on: July 27, 2013, 11:21 AM »

I'd like to see him stick with Brisbane. It's ideal for the run-up to Melbourne, giving him good exposure in Oz, and it's become a bit of a tradition.  I don't expect he's concerned in the least about Fed being there.

Agreed, I'd like to see him stick to Brisbane too, I'd imagine the conditions are more similar to Melbourne than those at Chehnai, hence Brisbane would provide a better build up to the Oz open than Chehnai would just as it has done the previous two years.

The only factor which could pull him to Chehnai is promoting the IPL thing which Andy specifically said he wouldn't allow it to interfere with his training so lets see how this unfolds..as I say, hoping this Chehnai is purely speculative.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #7091 on: July 27, 2013, 01:07 PM »

I'm probably being thick, it has been known Whistle, but I wonder if a factor in possibly playing Chennai rather than Brisbane might be down to ranking points. At Brisbane Andy could 'only' defend his points, but in playing Chennai he could gain some, especially if he was to win.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see what happens.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #7092 on: July 27, 2013, 01:27 PM »

I'm probably being thick, it has been known Whistle, but I wonder if a factor in possibly playing Chennai rather than Brisbane might be down to ranking points. At Brisbane Andy could 'only' defend his points, but in playing Chennai he could gain some, especially if he was to win.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see what happens.
   I think they're both 250s so it makes no difference.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7093 on: July 27, 2013, 01:34 PM »

Hope he sticks to Brisbane too, better preparation and less unnecessary jetting around.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #7094 on: July 27, 2013, 02:38 PM »

Angie, the funny thing is that Djokovic was most people's pick for the USO last year, and was the favourite.

I think for Andy some of it depends on how he comes down off winning Wimbledon. I suppose there could be a danger of being flat after such a high. On the other hand, he could come out raring to go again. I'm glad he had that short break, to relax and enjoy himself, but also it would surely have given him chance to get his head around what he's done.

I'm sure Djokovic will want to try to come back hard against Andy, but if Andy comes out ready to go and playing as he can he will be tough to beat.

Yeah teejay it could go either way I suppose  Shrug I just have the feeling Andy's gonna win it again.... Same feeling I had about Wimbledon. Wonder if I should book day after final off work again  Think lol, it seemed to work for Wimbledon Wink here was me thinking I might jinx him as well.  Whistle
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 472 [473] 474 475 476 ... 721 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »