Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 478 [479] 480 481 482 ... 754 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 462684 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Articles « Reply #7170 on: August 05, 2013, 11:59 AM »

Yeah i saw that, i think it was asking too much post Wimbledon though not to have that kind of attention, hope it doesn't become a recurring theme, on the plus side it was fun reading about Andy getting more attention in his warm ups than Rafa Very Happy

Lovely interview Gnomy wub
Wants to win loads more slams yay

And i think he will win more  together

Yes.......getting more attention than Rafa!  lmao I also like the though of him sitting alone on an empty Centre Court, just reflecting and it was very typical of him to have gone there to see the bagman!  wub Oops.....I started my post after the quote, so I don't see how this happened!  confused
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7171 on: August 05, 2013, 12:16 PM »

Thanks The Gnome.  Interesting article, just a pity he couldn't have a holiday in peace and quiet (he should have gone to Dunblane!) Whistle Really looking forward to seeing him play again.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #7172 on: August 05, 2013, 12:17 PM »

great article but yes how sad that they couldn't enjoy the beach.  So much for our hopes that pics had been staged so he could spend the rest of his holiday in peace.  I too like the idea of Rafa being relegated to a sideshow next to Our Man (OM for short).  yay
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #7173 on: August 05, 2013, 02:06 PM »

To be honest I'm not surprised to hear the photographs weren't staged. They looked just a bit too relaxed. It's a shame really that Andy and Kim couldn't enjoy a break in peace, even if that level of attention is, sort of, par for the course for a slam winner.

I can't wait to see Andy playing again. I know he hasn't got the easiest draw in Montreal, at least on paper, but he's not 2 in the world for nothing. However tough it is for him, imagine how tough it is on any opponent, coming up against a player who holds two slams, the Olympic gold and has also won the tournament at both Toronto and Montreal before. As long as Andy is confident and plays to his ability, I think he'll be fine this week.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7174 on: August 05, 2013, 07:23 PM »

great article but yes how sad that they couldn't enjoy the beach.  So much for our hopes that pics had been staged so he could spend the rest of his holiday in peace.  I too like the idea of Rafa being relegated to a sideshow next to Our Man (OM for short).  yay
Sorry Ruthie, but to me OM stands for Old Man - as in OM Federer!  Great to hear though that, for once, he was out-shining Rafa! 

I think it's really lovely that he went back to Wimbledon to get peace and to reflect.  I'm sure that by doing so he was able to let the whole thing start to sink in.  How typical of him too to go back to speak personally with the retiring locker-room attendant.

Well if Andy was getting any ideas of grandeur, which I don't think he would, Ivan is definitely the best person to bring him back down to earth with a bang!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7175 on: August 05, 2013, 08:07 PM »

Aileen.....see my post at the top of this page!  w00t
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7176 on: August 05, 2013, 09:17 PM »

Aileen.....see my post at the top of this page!  w00t
Ooops!  Sorry Caz.  blush   I should read posts more carefully.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7177 on: August 06, 2013, 07:22 AM »

I didn't mean it that way Aileen....I was more thinking.....'great minds think alike' eh!  hug
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7178 on: August 06, 2013, 07:25 AM »

^ Oops! I could swear I only pressed that button once!  confused
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7179 on: August 06, 2013, 09:43 AM »

nothing new in this but I like the way the Independent is running an Andy story every day even when nothing new to say!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/winning-grand-slams-more-important-to-andy-murray-than-becoming-world-no-1-8746984.html

Not sure Andy is being totally consistent in what he says as if he really cares only about winning more GSs then that suggests he wouldn't give masters as much attention as he otherwise would  yet he is saying he will.  But perhaps he means that he realises he can't just peak 4 times a year without doing his best at other tournaments.  Anyway, I think he's sensible to play down the no 1 ranking as it helps deflect the endless questioning on that now that the journalists can no longer pursue the endless 'when will he win a GS/Wimbledon?' questioning.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7180 on: August 06, 2013, 10:58 AM »

Thanks for that Ruthie! Wonderful to see the LTA running the free tennis weekend too! I think my grandson would be interested!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7181 on: August 06, 2013, 11:09 AM »

I agree Caz - the more the LTA can do to open up tennis the better.  They'll never get an opportunity like this again as Andy's Wimbledon victory must have inspired so many.  I'll never forget reading of Scottish kids out on tennis courts at 6.30am the following day.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7182 on: August 06, 2013, 11:52 AM »

Yes.......it's marvellous the 'lift' he has given to the whole country just when we needed it most and the desire and inspiration he's given to so many young people. The Olympics did that too of course, but now it's up to the Government and people like the LTA to make sure that 'all' children....rich and poor alike, have the facilities to make their dreams [and ours] come true! The LTA are off to a good start......Let's hope it continues!  Very Happy
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7183 on: August 07, 2013, 03:50 AM »

Wimbledon champ Andy Murray warns "I won't be perfect" in his first competitive match since SW17 win

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/tennis/wimbledon-champ-andy-murray-warns-2132955

Scot plays in Rogers Cup event in Canada on Wednesday and expects there to be some rust as he get used to hard-court play again

Andy Murray admitted there could be signs of rust when he makes his first competitive start since winning Wimbledon.

The Scot has been out of action for the past month, but returns to action at the Rogers Cup in Montreal on Wednesday.

Murray, given an opening round bye, takes on Marcel Granollers - in action during the early hours of Wednesday - for a place in the third round.

The Scot took a fortnight off to recover in the wake of his Wimbledon exploits, then spent two weeks training at his Miami base.

In a bid to get some additional match practice he has also entered the doubles with fellow countryman Colin Fleming.

However, the Dunblane star is still worried he may be a litte undercooked having not played on hard-courts since beating David Ferrer in the final of the Sony Open in March.

Murray said: “It will be a tough start for me, because when you haven’t played for a few weeks then it always is.

“I haven’t played a hard-court match since Miami at Easter, which is a long time.

“The transition from grass to hard courts is always a little difficult as there is a lot more strain on your joints.

“I’m not expecting to play perfect tennis but I will try to find a way to get through.

“Of course I want to do well as this is an important Matser Series event but my priority has to be the US Open.”

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7184 on: August 07, 2013, 04:01 AM »

^ Hmmm.  I just hope Andy doesn't focus too much on the USO at the expense of Montreal and Cinci.  And anyway hasn't he had plenty of time to get accustomed to playing on hard-courts?  Not matches certainly, but practice is better than nothing, which is what happened in Toronto last year.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 478 [479] 480 481 482 ... 754 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »