Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 500 [501] 502 503 504 ... 778 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 496506 times)
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7500 on: September 09, 2013, 03:53 AM »

Disgusting

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/427774/Andy-Murray-in-yob-attack
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #7501 on: September 09, 2013, 07:01 AM »

^ Wasn't just Andy. Was mindless vandalism, not directed mindless vandalism.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #7502 on: September 09, 2013, 11:19 AM »

liked the mirror piece but there was one mistake - Andy took only a few days not weeks holiday after wimbledon.
I was relieved to see that Leon Smith has added Marray to the squad and might substitute him for Evans or Ward so he must realise it's too much to ask Andy to play 3 days in a row even if dubs is less taxing.  Perhaps Andy has asked him to do that.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #7503 on: September 09, 2013, 11:42 AM »

lol Anyone else find it funny that Andy's been shortlisted for a fashion icon award?

Not to be mean,and I think he looks great whether in a suit or in a hoodie,but this is the man who lets Kim pick out his red carpet outfits,has subjected us to some terrible outfits on court over the years,and earlier this year picked out the first thing he saw in his suitcase to wear to a players party lmao

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-24016310
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7504 on: September 09, 2013, 12:35 PM »

yes I think it's a hoot dani.   Even more so should he win it
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #7505 on: September 09, 2013, 03:42 PM »

Dani what amuses me more is the idea that Andy would probably think it's hilarious!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7506 on: September 09, 2013, 04:04 PM »

When will I ever learn not to read stupid articles!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/murraymania-is-preventing-wimbledon-champion-andy-murray-from-reaching-his-true-potential-as-his-own-man-8805358.html

The one comment to the article is from yours truly. I couldn't help myself. Grrrr! The funny thing about it is that the moron obviously thinks he knows more than certain other people who completely understand what Andy has been dealing with since Wimbledon.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7507 on: September 09, 2013, 05:58 PM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/murraymania-is-preventing-wimbledon-champion-andy-murray-from-reaching-his-true-potential-as-his-own-man-8805358.html

The one comment to the article is from yours truly. I couldn't help myself. Grrrr! The funny thing about it is that the moron obviously thinks he knows more than certain other people who completely understand what Andy has been dealing with since Wimbledon.
well done tj.  I see someone has joined you.  What a nasty piece that is. Smacks of envy I'd say.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7508 on: September 09, 2013, 06:11 PM »

well done tj.  I see someone has joined you.  What a nasty piece that is. Smacks of envy I'd say.

Indeed it does. That's what annoyed me about it. The piece doesn't take into account what Andy has done over the last year or so, the success he has had in the slams. It doesn't take into account really that in winning SW19 he has just done something he has been under such pressure to do since he first broke through on the tour and showed such promise. It's just a nasty rant, as if the writer was waiting for Andy to lose so he could point the finger.

I have to come back to John McEnroe talking about what happened at the USO.

Mac doesn't mince his words, doesn't baby players. If he had something critical to say about Andy he would come out and say it. He's not backwards in coming forwards for a start, and he hasn't been scared of criticising Andy before, but I was actually quite moved by the level of understanding he showed in that article in the Guardian. He understood the pressure Andy was under to win Wimbledon, he understood how huge winning under that much expectation was. He also understood that Andy would probably need some time to deal with it. Seeing as McEnroe has won slams and experienced a level of pressure to do so, I would think he knows more about it than an idiot journalist.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7509 on: September 09, 2013, 06:47 PM »

That must be one of the nastiest pieces I've seen written about Andy, what a sensationalist piece of factually incorrect writing - Andy lived with his dad after his parents split up so hardly missing a father figure. And which current Argentine players are old enough to have experienced the Falklands war - that comment was laughable. These errors show just what a level of journalist he is. Don't even start me on the rest of it!!!! Not worth the paper it's written on!!!
[ Last edit by wimbledonwestie September 09, 2013, 07:22 PM ] IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7510 on: September 09, 2013, 06:58 PM »

"So why is it that I'd walk across the Kalahari desert, in a fur coat if necessary, to watch Roger Federer play. And yet I wouldn't dream of sleeping in a tent outside Wimbledon to watch my compatriot Andy Murray."

This paragraph is his own inclination, but he seems to think he speaks for all of us. I personally would do the exact opposite.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: News Articles « Reply #7511 on: September 09, 2013, 07:06 PM »

Looks like a new Andy autobiography is coming out, called Andy Murray: 77.

Andy Murray is one of Britain's best loved athletes. On the 7th July 2013 he became the first British man to lift the Wimbledon trophy for 77 years. His new book, Andy Murray: 77, will take us on a personal journey through his career. Focusing on the last two dramatic years, he will share with us his thoughts on the pivotal moments of his playing career and allow us a glimpse into his world - his intense training regime, his close-knit team and his mental and physical battle to get to the very top. This beautiful and very personal book will be a stunning celebration of Andy's career so far.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andy-Murray-77/dp/0755365968/ref=sr_1_8?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1378748834&sr=1-8&keywords=andy+murray

It's out on 7 November - will definitely be getting this. Smile
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7512 on: September 09, 2013, 07:23 PM »

Maybe he will sign copies at the WTF  ooh. Just a thought.  wub
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #7513 on: September 09, 2013, 07:59 PM »

Maybe he will sign copies at the WTF  ooh. Just a thought.  wub

Ooh I hope so  Heart Heart Heart
IP Logged
althusser
Satellite Level

I Conquer

Re: News Articles « Reply #7514 on: September 09, 2013, 08:05 PM »

"So why is it that I'd walk across the Kalahari desert, in a fur coat if necessary, to watch Roger Federer play. And yet I wouldn't dream of sleeping in a tent outside Wimbledon to watch my compatriot Andy Murray."

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 500 [501] 502 503 504 ... 778 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »