Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 509 [510] 511 512 513 ... 787 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 508694 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #7635 on: September 21, 2013, 04:30 PM »

Yes Tim! That's exactly what I think  cmon yeah
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7636 on: September 21, 2013, 07:08 PM »

Yes Tim! That's exactly what I think  cmon yeah

Good posting! cmon yeah
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7637 on: September 21, 2013, 08:55 PM »

Me too.  And it's nice to have some input from a player who does know what it's all about.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #7638 on: September 21, 2013, 09:18 PM »

I've been very impressed by Tim's quiet but strong support of Andy over the last 12 months or so. He has a knack of saying what he thinks without being OTT or sounding like he's trying to score points.

Tim knows the game, but he also knows Andy, so I think we can take a lot of encouragement from his words.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7639 on: September 22, 2013, 12:28 AM »

I've been very impressed by Tim's quiet but strong support of Andy over the last 12 months or so. He has a knack of saying what he thinks without being OTT or sounding like he's trying to score points.

Tim knows the game, but he also knows Andy, so I think we can take a lot of encouragement from his words.

Especially considering there could have been sour grapes on Tim's part, but he seems genuinely thrilled that Andy managed to do what he himself could not.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: News Articles « Reply #7640 on: September 22, 2013, 12:34 AM »

Especially considering there could have been sour grapes on Tim's part, but he seems genuinely thrilled that Andy managed to do what he himself could not.

I don't see why he wouldn't be happy for Andy. No need for 'sour grapes.'

You could make the same argument for Jamie. He was way ahead of Andy when they were younger.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7641 on: September 22, 2013, 12:58 AM »

I think Tim genuinely believes in his heart of hearts that Andy is better than he ever was. I honestly think he takes a genuine pride in what Andy has done and loves the potential for the future. At the end of last year I distinctly recall Tim saying he believes Andy will end up better than Djokovic. I think he can genuinely see that ability in Andy, which is very exciting.

I don't know about sour grapes, but Tim could probably have been jealous of Andy. I have often had a sense that Andrew Castle is, or has been, but I've never had that feeling from Tim. I get the feeling he feels he did all he could, but just couldn't quite win the big ones. It seems to me that he takes enormous pride in Andy and loves what he has done.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: News Articles « Reply #7642 on: September 22, 2013, 01:03 AM »

I think Tim genuinely believes in his heart of hearts that Andy is better than he ever was. I honestly think he takes a genuine pride in what Andy has done and loves the potential for the future. At the end of last year I distinctly recall Tim saying he believes Andy will end up better than Djokovic. I think he can genuinely see that ability in Andy, which is very exciting.

I don't know about sour grapes, but Tim could probably have been jealous of Andy. I have often had a sense that Andrew Castle is, or has been, but I've never had that feeling from Tim. I get the feeling he feels he did all he could, but just couldn't quite win the big ones. It seems to me that he takes enormous pride in Andy and loves what he has done.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7643 on: September 22, 2013, 01:23 AM »

^ Nice one Linda. lol
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: News Articles « Reply #7644 on: September 22, 2013, 01:52 AM »

Spot on.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7645 on: September 22, 2013, 10:00 AM »

I think if Tim ever did feel twinges of jealousy when he realised Andy was the superior player and likely to have greater success, it would have been years ago and cancelled out by the realisation that the press had turned their attention towards the new star.  It will have helped that Andy was always very respectful towards Henman and what he achieved and fully acknowledges his success helped to motivate him.

With Castle, I've always felt he's been full of admiration of Tim and Andy's talent and achievements.  He is very up-front about his own abilities and career being inferior when talking about Andy and Tim and to the other more accomplished pundits, so if there is any jealousy from him, it's more wishful thinking, rather than trying to build himself up or bring anyone else down.  Possibly also influenced by being a showbiz person, rather than a full-time sports pundit, so too much time listening to people who don't actually know what they are talking about, but I've never felt he was being mean.   Wade on the other hand ... Rolling Eyes

I think as a pundit, it's hard to get it right.  If you are too supportive, you get called gushing and flag waving.  If you attempt caution, you can be accused of being negative.  Tim has done a very good job of getting the balance right.  He manages to steer clear of the punditry for punditry's sake type analysis, and is able to combine caution with optimism, which isn't easy.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7646 on: September 22, 2013, 10:14 AM »

I will still forgive Castle and Henman anything for every more for their completely biased, and 100%, not too mention very funny commentary of the Olympic Gold medal match. I agree that Castle can be a bit if a prat at time, just like all of us but his heart is in the right place. Tim is unfailingly supportive of Mr M. I think overall they are both just happy for what Mr M has done for the sport they love. As for Wade, I look forward to her being even more p•ssed off when they knight Mr M.
IP Logged
jillypops

Re: News Articles « Reply #7647 on: September 22, 2013, 11:18 AM »

I will still forgive Castle and Henman anything for every more for their completely biased, and 100%, not too mention very funny commentary of the Olympic Gold medal match. I agree that Castle can be a bit if a prat at time, just like all of us but his heart is in the right place. Tim is unfailingly supportive of Mr M. I think overall they are both just happy for what Mr M has done for the sport they love. As for Wade, I look forward to her being even more p•ssed off when they knight Mr M.

AC was very kind to my friend, when I asked him to send her a card for her 60th, he went out of his way to make sure she received a card from him.
It was almost like Tim and AC were playing that last game at the Olympics as you say Masaka quite funny, I almost can remember word for word what Mark Petchey said in that last game at the USOpen 12 2012, he was so so happy for Andy, aren't I sad.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7648 on: September 22, 2013, 11:23 AM »

AC was very kind to my friend, when I asked him to send her a card for her 60th, he went out of his way to make sure she received a card from him.
It was almost like Tim and AC were playing that last game at the Olympics as you say Masaka quite funny, I almost can remember word for word what Mark Petchey said in that last game at the USOpen 12 2012, he was so so happy for Andy, aren't I sad.

Not sad at all. It's just nice to see how, after all his trials and tribulations, his fellow players recognise just how great his achievements are.  That probably means a lot to him.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7649 on: September 22, 2013, 03:42 PM »

Nice one Linda Smile.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 509 [510] 511 512 513 ... 787 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »