Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 510 [511] 512 513 514 ... 773 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 491319 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #7650 on: September 22, 2013, 03:47 PM »

I will still forgive Castle and Henman anything for every more for their completely biased, and 100%, not too mention very funny commentary of the Olympic Gold medal match. I agree that Castle can be a bit if a prat at time, just like all of us but his heart is in the right place. Tim is unfailingly supportive of Mr M. I think overall they are both just happy for what Mr M has done for the sport they love. As for Wade, I look forward to her being even more p•ssed off when they knight Mr M.

I couldn't agree more on all counts.

That Olympic gold medal match was brilliantly biased. It was hilarious. I was convinced that if Tim could have got out there and served the thing out for Andy he would have done, and AC's 'coaching' was unnerving at times Smile.

To be fair AC has been very supportive of late. I've warmed to him considerably since he said during the AO that Andy is better than Federer now. True, just nice of someone to notice Smile.

How I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Wade found out Andy had won Wimbledon. I bet she loved that.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7651 on: September 22, 2013, 05:09 PM »

She is a mean old woman. Andy has more talent than she would ever had she isn't fit to tie his shoe laces.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7652 on: September 22, 2013, 06:35 PM »

How I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Wade found out Andy had won Wimbledon. I bet she loved that.
Wasn't the Virgin present at the match? Think
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7653 on: September 22, 2013, 07:04 PM »

I'm not sure to be honest. For some reason I just assumed not. It's even better if she was. I like the idea of the old cow squirming in her seat Smile.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: News Articles « Reply #7654 on: September 22, 2013, 07:05 PM »

Yes she was.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7655 on: September 22, 2013, 08:06 PM »

I'm not sure to be honest. For some reason I just assumed not. It's even better if she was. I like the idea of the old cow squirming in her seat Smile.
naughty  lol
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7656 on: September 23, 2013, 12:36 PM »

Well if one good thing has come out of Andy winning Wimbledon it is that old crow Wade keeping he mouth shut. Do we really want to know what her opinion is anymore at least it has kept her from spouting total rubbish about Andy. Thank god for a small mercy.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7657 on: September 24, 2013, 02:20 AM »

I always remember this clip of Wimbledon. Virginia Wade is sitting directly behind the Queen.

Look at Wade 40 seconds in. You can just tell she's imagining that Andy is bowing to her.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7658 on: September 24, 2013, 02:53 AM »

lol  I thought that bow was ridiculous anyway.  Goodness knows how HM managed to keep a straight face.  Somebody at the Palace should have told the Wimbledon authorities that these days all that is required is a nod of the head.  Bowing like that from the waist went out the window decades ago.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: News Articles « Reply #7659 on: September 24, 2013, 07:51 PM »

Carlos Moya on Andy and Lendl:

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Andy-Murray-is-not-Nadal-nor-Djokovic-Carlos-Moya-articolo13140.html
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: News Articles « Reply #7660 on: September 24, 2013, 09:03 PM »

Fair quotes.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7661 on: September 24, 2013, 09:18 PM »

I can sort of see his point, but he doesn't discuss Andy's back and the impact of that. He also overlooks Andy's right to decide for himself what his priorities are. Winning slams is Andy's priority just now. Being world no.1 isn't. That's Andy's decision and to blame Lendl is ridiculous in my book.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7662 on: September 24, 2013, 09:22 PM »

I agree blaming Lendl was daft as Lendl isn't telling Andy what his goals are, he is helping Andy achieve his goals. Suspect the article was written before Andy announced the surgery so will forgive that. Otherwise fair points.

I just read the link re andy not being Rafa or Novak and thought yes, we know, we're glad!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7663 on: September 24, 2013, 09:35 PM »

I saw the article elsewhere, it's by Matt Cronin, and one comment below is : "Geez .... Andy is still in the hospital and Cronin decides to quote Moya from a Sept. 11th interview". 
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/09/moya-murray-neither-novak-nor-rafa/49264/#.UkH0SdKsj2y

IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7664 on: September 24, 2013, 10:20 PM »

It does seem unfair.  With the benefit of hindsight, it's probable that Andy knew his back wasn't up to a full on Summer schedule, and was likely to need a break again soon, so knew he had no chance of boosting his rankings.

Then again, whenever anyone makes bold public statements and judgements without the full facts, they run the risk of putting their foot in it.  Moya may not have known that Andy was playing injured, but he must also have known he didn't have the full facts.  He must have known Andy was injured during the clay season and it was a long-standing injury.

That said, he's hardly alone.  There's plenty on here who have made more than a few foolish statements, with some even being dismissive of fans who (correctly as it turns out) gave the benefit of the doubt.

Deciding to run that interview now, when presumably Moya has twigged he got it wrong, is peculiar.  Perhaps he thought it would stir up a bit of controversy. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 510 [511] 512 513 514 ... 773 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »