Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 1 Member and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 521 [522] 523 524 525 ... 749 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 454464 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Articles « Reply #7815 on: October 06, 2013, 09:05 AM »

aren't you confusing him with Neil Harman Caz?  Whistle  Must admit I'd never heard of Nigel H and so at first thought it was indeed Neil H who bbh was talking about  doh
Yes Ruthie......I am indeed!  doh Should've gone to Specsavers!  Whistle
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #7816 on: October 07, 2013, 02:55 PM »

Andy Murray set for Australian Open

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/andy-murray-set-for-australian-open/story-e6frg7mf-1226731834834

When I read this article, I was interested in the reference to '..increasing interest in Asia and the Middle East, which has led to significant sums of cash being thrown at exhibitions and tournaments in the region.'

Looks like Jean Gachassin (Pres. of French Federation) has done a quick turnaround on his accusations of the threat to Roland Garros:

Jean Gachassin, president of the French Federation, poured oil on the fire on the sidelines of the tournament in Saint-Malo, as reported in Le Parisien on Tuesday.  "We are attacked by Qatar.  Lawyers and businessmen went to see personally the top 100 players in the world, saying: We are Qatar, so we have no problem with the prize money.  How you at Roland Garros?  You have 32 million euros in 2015?  Look, we'll give you 50.  Qatar gives 50 million for there to be a tournament at the same time Roland Garros!  Fortunately Roland Garros is something for all these players, but be careful ... "
So, beIN Sports operates 3 sports channels in France, and are owned and operated by Qatari Sports Investments, and will be tendering for broadcasting rights.

Gachassin then said:

"My remarks have suggest that we see Qatar as a potential danger to Roland Garros, even though our two federations are close, and have been collaborating for several years.  So I want to apologize to our Qatari friends, whose role in the French sport deserves the utmost respect. "

Looks like money talks, after all.  Whistle
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7817 on: October 07, 2013, 03:37 PM »

^^ Was expecting this to be some 'news' from Andy today!
But this article from an Australian site, is from 4 days ago....
Money always talks, does it not?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7818 on: October 07, 2013, 05:58 PM »

^ Tiley - "He's fine. I stay in touch quite a bit with Judy Murray, his mum. She's a friend ... and he wants to win the Australian Open, so he'll be fine. We'll see him here playing at the end of the year."

I do wish these people would stop making these wild pronouncements.  Andy's a different case, but said Tiley also predicted that Nadal would be playing in this year's AO. Until they can be absolutely sure of their facts, they really should keep quiet.

Apart from that, I'm glad the players stood by RG despite increased financial inducement if Qatar was its rival.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #7819 on: October 07, 2013, 06:11 PM »

Just read a short article in daily record about cromlix house.

It seems the reason Kim has been seen up at cromlix is that Andy has given control of its redesign over to Kim. She has been working closely with interior experts Ian Smith design from Edinburgh!

The firm says....Kim takes drawings to show Andy but it is her project and he trusts her judgement. She has been a joy to work with.

Can't find the article online or I would have posted it.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7820 on: October 07, 2013, 06:25 PM »

^ Thanks Angie.  No surprise that Kim has been given a free hand here, nor to hear that she's a joy to work with.  Just hope the male members of staff can keep their eyes off her long enough to do some work! lol
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: News Articles « Reply #7821 on: October 07, 2013, 06:30 PM »

It seems the reason Kim has been seen up at cromlix is that Andy has given control of its redesign over to Kim. She has been working closely with interior experts Ian Smith design from Edinburgh!

The firm says....Kim takes drawings to show Andy but it is her project and he trusts her judgement. She has been a joy to work with.

Very wise of Andy , Kim would defiantly have more design sense than Andy   Whistle  and I bet she is a joy to work with Smile
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #7822 on: October 07, 2013, 06:31 PM »

Thanks so much for telling us Angie

If anyone comes across the full article would you mind posting it please?Be interested to read it Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7823 on: October 07, 2013, 06:48 PM »

If anyone comes across the full article would you mind posting it please?Be interested to read it Smile
Sorry Dani - I looked through the Daily Record online, but there's no mention of this, probably because it isn't really that big a story, and not everything that appears in paper versions of newspapers  is shown on the online ones.

[ Last edit by Aileen October 07, 2013, 07:03 PM ] IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7824 on: October 07, 2013, 06:50 PM »

^ Thanks Angie.  No surprise that Kim has been given a free hand here, nor to hear that she's a joy to work with.  Just hope the male members of staff can keep their eyes off her long enough to do some work! lol

Lol yeah I bet there was a few heads turning Aileen.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7825 on: October 07, 2013, 06:55 PM »

Thanks so much for telling us Angie

Tbh Dani there really wasn't much more to it than what I posted. The only other thing it did say was sketches show blue and green velvet armchairs, leather Chesterfield sofas and gold paneling in bars and restaurant other than that just the usual stuff that we already know..when its due to open etc etc. And a small pic of kim looking gorgeous as usual Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7826 on: October 07, 2013, 07:05 PM »

Googling Cromlix House I came across this article in The Herald online, from which it would seem that it will be open for business in January -

Game to Murray as tennis ace poaches leading chef for hotel

ANDY Murray's single-mindedness saw him become Britain's first male winner in 77 years of the top prize in tennis, the Wimbledon singles title.

Now the Scottish world No 3 is showing the same determination with his new hotel venture.

The Dunblane star has fired an ace straight into Glasgow's culinary world by hiring Darin Campbell, currently executive head chef at the luxury Hotel du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens in the city's west end, to run the kitchen at his new country house hotel.

Mr Campbell is due to start work there in January and will create a mid-priced menu for the hotel's Chez Roux restaurant
working with a team headed by the renowned chef Albert Roux .

Mr Campbell said: "I am very excited to be stepping up my culinary career at Cromlix House, and working with its extremely talented management team in a state-of-the-art kitchen where diners can watch us working.

"One Devonshire Gardens has been pretty frustrating because of the limited space and the tight budget. At Cromlix House the focus will be firmly on food and service."

Full article: http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/game-to-murray-as-tennis-ace-poaches-leading-chef-for-hotel.22357014

Anyone for dinner, then?  Maybe we could afford to have a jeely piece each. Very Happy
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7827 on: October 07, 2013, 07:14 PM »

Hope the portions are a descent price, have you seen the portions in some of those fancy London restaurants and the size of the portions are miniscule.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7828 on: October 07, 2013, 07:20 PM »

Cant wait to try it out. I might take my mum for her birthday dinner.  Its at the end of april

Better start saving now though Wink
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7829 on: October 07, 2013, 07:32 PM »

I think so Angie you never know it might not be too bad. It won't be if he wants locals to use it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 521 [522] 523 524 525 ... 749 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »