Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 522 [523] 524 525 526 ... 726 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 435826 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7830 on: October 07, 2013, 08:05 PM »

I think so Angie you never know it might not be too bad. It won't be if he wants locals to use it.
Yes he did say that LB, but what he sees as 'mid-priced' might not be quite the same way as others see it.  I'm sure the management company involved will keep him right though.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7831 on: October 07, 2013, 11:05 PM »

I remember after Andy won the Olympics I read an article that said the Wimbledon club committee would be meeting that October to discuss an appropriate way to commemorate Andy's success. October came and went and nothing. After Andy won Wimbledon I read this in one of the newspapers.

The Wimbledon club committee will meet in October to discuss how to commemorate Andy's success, but they could act sooner.

An insider said that after a memento to his Olympic success has been held up by wrangling over the five-rings logo, the committee could be in "bullish mood" when it comes to drawing up a plan.

Well, they obviously weren't in "bullish mood" as they didn't act sooner. I wonder when we'll here.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7832 on: October 07, 2013, 11:13 PM »

I have been there today. There are bits and pieces all over the place about him. To my great delight the scoreboard on Centre Court still has the match result on it, in all it's glory. I also got the picture I was coveting of the draw, with Mr M as the last man standing. 128 hopefuls reduced to a lone Brit. Delightful. If anyone is interested I will put it on here.

Wimbledon take their time. I am certain something will be done eventually.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7833 on: October 07, 2013, 11:17 PM »

I have been there today. There are bits and pieces all over the place about him. To my great delight the scoreboard on Centre Court still has the match result on it, in all it's glory. I also got the picture I was coveting of the draw, with Mr M as the last man standing. 128 hopefuls reduced to a lone Brit. Delightful. If anyone is interested I will put it on here.

Please do put it on here Masaka. Smile
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7834 on: October 07, 2013, 11:20 PM »

Aww that is lovely to hear Masaka. Thanks for telling us. A photo would be fab.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7835 on: October 07, 2013, 11:22 PM »

Please do put it on here Masaka. Smile

I will do once I have got home and chosen the best couple from the vast number I took. My photography works on the basis that if I take enough the probability of some of them being in focus increases.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7836 on: October 08, 2013, 07:38 AM »

Oooh lovely, yes please.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Articles « Reply #7837 on: October 08, 2013, 09:42 AM »

Thanks Masaka! Interesting to hear the results on the scoreboard are still up! I wonder if they do that every year, or is it a 'one off' in honour of Andy! I'd love to see a picture of that if you have one!  Very Happy
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7838 on: October 08, 2013, 10:03 AM »

They certainly do take their time. Fred Perry's statue took 50 years!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7839 on: October 08, 2013, 10:35 AM »

^ Oh my!  shocking
IP Logged
tomthoms
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7840 on: October 08, 2013, 11:05 AM »

Thanks Masaka! Interesting to hear the results on the scoreboard are still up! I wonder if they do that every year, or is it a 'one off' in honour of Andy! I'd love to see a picture of that if you have one!  Very Happy

The loneliness of the long distance runner

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/comment/articles/2013-10/08/martin-samuel-daily-mail-andy-murray
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7841 on: October 08, 2013, 11:41 AM »

^ Love it Tom  Very Happy but it's guys like that who never let it 'all hang out' every now and then, who end up having nervous breakdowns!  Whistle
[ Last edit by Caz October 08, 2013, 12:08 PM ] IP Logged
ally
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7842 on: October 08, 2013, 05:20 PM »

Thanks for the link to that article.  My god, he did well to suck the tears back!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7843 on: October 08, 2013, 06:30 PM »

I'm sure they do , I remember earlier in the year Andy saying he'd been back at Wimbledon and they'd taken down the Olympic final score and put the Wimbledon one back up.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7844 on: October 08, 2013, 06:39 PM »

According to someone on twitter, Andy's at some VIP event in Edinburgh this evening with Princess Anne and his dad.  Doubt it's the same thing, as Princess Anne is a very hard working royal, but according to the tv news, Princess Anne was at the opening of the JK Rowling MS Centre in Edinburgh.

Just found out, she's at some do at Edinburgh University this evening.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 522 [523] 524 525 526 ... 726 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »