Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 525 [526] 527 528 529 ... 755 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 466044 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7875 on: October 12, 2013, 02:39 AM »

Oh, I guess I missed them. doh

I just clicked on the link to read the comments again but it doesn't seem to load.
Well at least you didn't have to look at the negative ones again!  I can still get it to load, so here's the last comment -

plj, usa
What a patronizing headline! Perhaps the author isn't as aware as he likes to think he is.
Murray, in addition to being a splendid tennis player, has qualities that fans recognize as
rare in anyone, but particularly in top athletes.

Totally agree! yay
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #7876 on: October 12, 2013, 06:57 AM »

Well at least you didn't have to look at the negative ones again!  I can still get it to load, so here's the last comment -

plj, usa
What a patronizing headline! Perhaps the author isn't as aware as he likes to think he is.
Murray, in addition to being a splendid tennis player, has qualities that fans recognize as
rare in anyone, but particularly in top athletes.

Totally agree! yay

Ah, perfect. clap
Thanks for posting it here, Aileen!

Everything she touches turns to evil.

Eyebrow raise.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #7877 on: October 12, 2013, 08:28 AM »

http://www.tennisearth.com/m/news/tennisNews/Why-Andy-Murrays-success-could-be-a-two-sided-coin-for-British-Tennis-717257.htm
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7878 on: October 12, 2013, 09:14 AM »

That made me laugh. German players are continually compared to Becker and Graf. But I think it is better to try and match up to a living player - after all, if Murray hadn't done it then Edmund and co would be expected to be the first player since Perry to win  a slam/ Wimbledon etc.  Which was surely a far greater weight of pressure due to the length of time which had passed and the meia frenzy it caused...
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7879 on: October 12, 2013, 09:56 AM »

The article raises some good points, but it over-eggs them.  For a start, if Kyle does go onto become a top 10 player, he'll get a lot more attention than Tipsy and Stan, because of the considerably larger age gap.  Kyle won't be reaching his peak until Andy is thinking about retirement, so the press will be ready to give him attention.

When Murray was a new kid on the block, the press wondered if he would be the one to win a slam, and be the next Perry, so I'm not sure that anything has changed there, except for the name.  The press were always mean to all players, including Andy, for only making it to a semi-final, and loads of people thought Andy was rubbish because he was only #4 in the world.

Younger British players will definitely gain more from the advice and inspiration Andy can give them.  Andy said watching Tim do well helped to motivate him, so it should be the same, especially as Andy is so good at tactics, and apparently very willing to share tips with Dan this summer.

My other point is that they surely mean a double edged sword.  They mixing that image with "two sides of the same coin", which means something different! lol
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #7880 on: October 12, 2013, 02:18 PM »

Please do vote for our man here!

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/Moet-ATP-Awards/2013-ATP-Awards-Fan-Favourite-Voting.aspx
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7881 on: October 12, 2013, 02:40 PM »

It seems to have crashed
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #7882 on: October 12, 2013, 02:45 PM »

I tried to vote-it took me to a page that said "there was a problem with your vote" or something like that.Then right underneath that it said thank you for casting your vote!  doh
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7883 on: October 12, 2013, 02:46 PM »

It seems to have crashed

I managed to vote. Might be worth trying again.
IP Logged
ally
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7884 on: October 12, 2013, 03:06 PM »

I tried to vote-it took me to a page that said "there was a problem with your vote" or something like that.Then right underneath that it said thank you for casting your vote!  doh

I had a problem too dani, I got a server error message.  Will keep trying though and hopefully perseverance will pay.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #7885 on: October 12, 2013, 03:12 PM »

had same problem dani.  Also it made me vote for a dubs team but there were no dubs teams to vote for just a list of single players so I clicked on Murray again.  So now I don't know whether I've voted or I haven't voted   confused
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #7886 on: October 12, 2013, 03:25 PM »

had same problem dani.  Also it made me vote for a dubs team but there were no dubs teams to vote for just a list of single players so I clicked on Murray again.  So now I don't know whether I've voted or I haven't voted   confused

Well,that's even weirder than the way it was for me Ruthie!It let me go through the doubles selection no problem-all appeared to be in order until I actually clicked on vote.But,like you,I don't know whether or not my vote was counted!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #7887 on: October 12, 2013, 03:59 PM »

Ok, i see many of you have a problem with the link. Here's the website - http://www.atpworldtour.com/
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #7888 on: October 12, 2013, 05:03 PM »

thanks but that link doesn't take us direct to the poll sabine so no further forward
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7889 on: October 12, 2013, 05:21 PM »

Same here. I'm sure the same thing happened last year.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 525 [526] 527 528 529 ... 755 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »