Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 529 [530] 531 532 533 ... 722 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 429085 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #7935 on: October 14, 2013, 11:07 PM »

Just pleeeeease don't do this. Keep your stiff upper lip going, Ang.

OK.....I will try hard not to make a fool of myself  w00t
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #7936 on: October 14, 2013, 11:15 PM »

Good girl.

When I spoke to him, I didn't think of him as a super-star. He really is very down to earth and ordinary to talk to. yes
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7937 on: October 14, 2013, 11:57 PM »

Don't challenge him to a handstand competition!!!   
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #7938 on: October 15, 2013, 09:24 AM »

I have a dear friend who went to a signing once for someone we are both in to. I couldn't get there myself, it was too far away, but she told me all the details. She said she was waiting in line for her turn, thinking about what she might say and eventually decided on a few well chosen words. However, when it came to it and she was standing in front of him, she was struck dumb! She said her mouth went dry and she was left gawping like a fool (her words). She was mortified!

She has been able to make up for it since, thank God, and I have also met the person as well and discovered that not all stars are in the least 'starry'. I'm sure Andy is very down to earth.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7939 on: October 15, 2013, 09:30 AM »

Good girl.

When I spoke to him, I didn't think of him as a super-star. He really is very down to earth and ordinary to talk to. yes

What did you say Linda?
Don't challenge him to a handstand competition!!!   

Good idea!!  w00t
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7940 on: October 15, 2013, 09:47 AM »

I have a dear friend who went to a signing once for someone we are both in to. I couldn't get there myself, it was too far away, but she told me all the details. She said she was waiting in line for her turn, thinking about what she might say and eventually decided on a few well chosen words. However, when it came to it and she was standing in front of him, she was struck dumb! She said her mouth went dry and she was left gawping like a fool (her words). She was mortified.

That was like me in dunblane, I had things I wanted to say but when it came to crunch time all I could do was grab his hand and say well done. Maybe this time I will be more composed..... But I doubt it  w00t
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7941 on: October 15, 2013, 09:56 AM »

In your 30 secs try and say something the other 99% of people won't say or ask - such as 'how's Kim's painting coming along' - might just get a more meaningful response?
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7942 on: October 15, 2013, 10:07 AM »

In your 30 secs try and say something the other 99% of people won't say or ask - such as 'how's Kim's painting coming along' - might just get a more meaningful response?

Good idea mackem  goodjob
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7943 on: October 15, 2013, 11:34 AM »

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2013101515090/prince-william-obe-andy-murray/

Murray in first investiture ceremony

15 OCTOBER 2013
Prince William is apparently feeling "a bit nervous" ahead of his first ever investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace. Calming his jitters, then, will be the fact he's due to hand out an OBE to his and Kate's favourite tennis players – Andy Murray.

The Scottish sportsman is one of several personalities who will be honoured in the ceremony on Thursday, when William stands in for his grandmother the Queen. In doing so, the 31-year-old is taking his first major step towards being a working royal.

A royal source said: "William has been practising using the sword and pinning the medals on a servant so that he gets it right.

"He obviously doesn't want to slice anyone's ear off or stick a pin into their chest!"

The Prince will dub with a sword to create two new knights and will also pin a medal onto Vicar of Dibley producer Jon Plowman."

He realises this is the biggest day in the lives of some people who are being honoured, and he wants it to go well for them," continues the royal aide.

"His biggest challenge is being tall – it's not easy to stoop down and talk to some of the smaller recipients and to pin the honours on."

The Queen is understood to have asked William several months ago if he would start performing investitures, to which he immediately agreed.

The Prince – who left operational military service in September – wants to ease slowly into increasing his royal duties, so he does each one well without rushing into his new role as a working royal.

William and Kate have supported tennis ace Andy during several important matches during his career.

But the Duke will have to resist temptation to stay chatting to the 26-year-old sportsman after pining on his medal – he must keep to the allotted time of 30 seconds conversing with each recipient to avoid the ceremony overrunning.

He has a choice of three uniforms – army, navy and air force – to choose from for the hour-long ceremony. Prince Charles – who regularly stands in for his mother – usually wears his Royal Navy suit.

Thursday's ceremony is one of around 25 which are held annually at venues including Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle, Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh and sometimes even abroad.
[ Last edit by angiebabez October 15, 2013, 11:39 AM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Articles « Reply #7944 on: October 15, 2013, 01:00 PM »

Good idea mackem  goodjob
Angie......how about "Does your granny make good dumplin', Andy?"   w00t
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7945 on: October 15, 2013, 01:52 PM »

Great Caz I bet he will love clouty dumpling. My gran made great dumplings I can almost taste it now. YUM
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7946 on: October 15, 2013, 02:17 PM »

Maybe I should take him some dumpling down  Think
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7947 on: October 15, 2013, 04:58 PM »

Now that would sure get you remembered - you could put messages inside from all of us. Deffo don't recommend the handstands!

Linda!!!!!!!! When did you meet and talk to Andy?
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7948 on: October 15, 2013, 05:12 PM »

You should Angie I bet he would love it he has a sweet tooth. I bet he wouldn't get one in London go on take him one you might even get a kiss or a hug.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7949 on: October 15, 2013, 05:15 PM »

You should Angie I bet he would love it he has a sweet tooth. I bet he wouldn't get one in London go on take him one you might even get a kiss or a hug.

Ooh now yer talking mags  Little tongue man
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 529 [530] 531 532 533 ... 722 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »