Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 532 [533] 534 535 536 ... 787 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 504568 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7980 on: October 17, 2013, 11:43 AM »

Just saw it!

So lovely to see him getting it-thank you very much,as I wouldn't have turned it on except for your post!

Lovely to see him so smiley  tender

I saw them having a very smiley chat, then the phone went - and the internet cut out! Typical.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #7981 on: October 17, 2013, 11:47 AM »

I saw them having a very smiley chat, then the phone went - and the internet cut out! Typical.

Oh NO!Well,you didn't miss anything really-they had their lovely smiley chat,then shook hands,Andy sort of backed away a bit,bowed again,and walked away as the next person was introduced.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #7982 on: October 17, 2013, 11:48 AM »

oh drat just missed it but will try to remember to watch the news as they're bound to have it on that.  It was mentioned on the radio 4 news this morning .  Hope all the sitting down without being able to get up before and after he went up to get it is ok for his back.

and double drat because I'll be in London not far from Piccadilly the day he's signing his book but I CAN'T go as have something else I can't get out of 
[ Last edit by Ruthie October 17, 2013, 11:51 AM ] IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7983 on: October 17, 2013, 12:25 PM »

Prince William honours Andy Murray with OBE

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24564258

From the Telegraph the other day : "The most difficult skill for him to master will be allocating a strict 30 seconds to chat to each recipient so that the ceremony does not overrun".

haha - failed with Andy!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7984 on: October 17, 2013, 12:26 PM »

oh drat just missed it but will try to remember to watch the news as they're bound to have it on that.  It was mentioned on the radio 4 news this morning .  Hope all the sitting down without being able to get up before and after he went up to get it is ok for his back.

and double drat because I'll be in London not far from Piccadilly the day he's signing his book but I CAN'T go as have something else I can't get out of 

Ohh Ruthie Frown hug They just showed a clip of it on BBC news-hope you got to see it!But if you didn't,I'm sure it'll be repeated over and over Smile

Prince William honours Andy Murray with OBE

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24564258

From the Telegraph the other day : "The most difficult skill for him to master will be allocating a strict 30 seconds to chat to each recipient so that the ceremony does not overrun".

haha - failed with Andy!

I thought the exact same thing when I was watching them chatting Elena! lol

According to this,he chatted to Andy longer than anyone Smile

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
Well, Prince William's first investiture went without hitch.He grinned broadly on seeing @andy_murray & chatted to player longer than anyone
[ Last edit by xxdanixx October 17, 2013, 12:30 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #7985 on: October 17, 2013, 12:40 PM »

tee hee I bet William was as thrilled as Andy! I wonder if he asked his mum if he could do Andy's as his first investiture -wouldn't be surprised if he did as we know he's a big fan. I bet his minders were getting twitchy when he spent so long talking to Andy.  Thanks for posting the clip Elena - will put news on to see if I can see it on tv too.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7986 on: October 17, 2013, 12:58 PM »

Just saw an interview with Andy on Sky News after the investiture-h seemed really relaxed Smile

He said he was very honoured by being awarded the OBE and that it was a really nice way to end the year.He was pretty surprised to hear that his chat with Will had been over a minute long-said he'd expected beforehand that it would only be a 20-second affair and it flew by.When the reporter asked him what they'd chatted about he said William had asked him about his surgery,how he'd coped with Wimbledon etc.Also said-with this really sweet proud grin-that he'd told William that Kate's writing was much,much better than his (appparently he received congratulations notes from both of them) lol Said the recovery was going well,had started rehab but probably wouldn't hit the courts for another month,and that he wouldn't come back until 100% fit.

So not much new really,but lovely to see Andy so relaxed and actually hear from him again Smile
[ Last edit by xxdanixx October 17, 2013, 01:07 PM ] IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7987 on: October 17, 2013, 01:03 PM »

Think BBC are about to show it again. 13.05

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #7988 on: October 17, 2013, 01:26 PM »

I've managed to miss the news today, I've had people here all morning (would you credit that, I was on my own all day yesterday!), so I'll make a point of putting the news channel on in a bit. I'm sure it will be mentioned again.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #7989 on: October 17, 2013, 01:37 PM »

Andy's part of the investiture is on the BBC's website, in their news section. You can't hear what Andy and William are saying to each other, but it definitely looks like a long chat, and Andy bowed beautifully.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: News Articles « Reply #7990 on: October 17, 2013, 01:39 PM »

My heart is melting. Thanks for all the pics and info everyone. What a way to start my day.  wub (happy tears)

Here's the video of the ceremony. Soo proud of him, and so happy for Judy and Will seeing their son be honoured. He chatted with Prince Wills for quite a while.

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/william-honours-andy-murray-with-obe/vCF4HQ/
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7991 on: October 17, 2013, 01:54 PM »

Just watched the BBC Scotland news. Saw Andy getting his decoration and afterwards he spoke outside after the cermony. He was looking well and he did a short interview and says he may not play in the Australian Open. He said it would depend on his recovery as he did not want to rush it.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7992 on: October 17, 2013, 01:55 PM »

PS. I recorded it so so proud of Andy.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: News Articles « Reply #7993 on: October 17, 2013, 01:58 PM »

Just watched the BBC Scotland news. Saw Andy getting his decoration and afterwards he spoke outside after the cermony. He was looking well and he did a short interview and says he may not play in the Australian Open. He said it would depend on his recovery as he did not want to rush it.

Thanks, Margaret.
But, oh boy.. didn't expect him to say that about the AO  shocking
But of course he shouldn't rush it.. he'll be ready when he's ready.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #7994 on: October 17, 2013, 02:27 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2464392/Andy-Murray-receives-OBE-Prince-William-Buckingham-Palace.html
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 532 [533] 534 535 536 ... 787 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »