Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 533 [534] 535 536 537 ... 711 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 406657 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7995 on: October 17, 2013, 02:53 PM »

Interview with Andy after the ceremony

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2013-10-17/prince-william-to-host-first-investiture-ceremony/
IP Logged
Tonedial
Challenger Level

WORTH THE WAIT

Re: News Articles « Reply #7996 on: October 17, 2013, 02:58 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/10385316/Andy-Murray-has-to-hurry-to-Buckingham-Palace-for-OBE-after-random-drug-test.html
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #7997 on: October 17, 2013, 03:53 PM »

tender

Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN
.@andy_murray on receiving OBE: "It obviously means a lot to me... My girlfriend is massively into anything royal. She was so excited"
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7998 on: October 17, 2013, 06:10 PM »

Thanks, Margaret.
But, oh boy.. didn't expect him to say that about the AO  shocking
But of course he shouldn't rush it.. he'll be ready when he's ready.

To be fair, he was specifically asked about playing the AO  to which he said he hoped so but wouldn't be playing till he knew he was 100% fit as he didn't wasnt to end up having to go back to the beginning of the rehab process. I suppose at this stage he isn't in a position to say he would 100% be playing.

Hae my doots about the dream cup though if he won't be hitting any balls for another 4/5 weeks!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #7999 on: October 17, 2013, 06:59 PM »

Just watched the BBC Scotland news. Saw Andy getting his decoration and afterwards he spoke outside after the cermony. He was looking well and he did a short interview and says he may not play in the Australian Open. He said it would depend on his recovery as he did not want to rush it.
but on bbc 2 radio 2 just an hour ago they said he had said he was hopeful about playing in AO so I guess it's a matter of different interpretations of what he said.  But he's right not to rush things.  Like you WW it did make me wonder about the dream cup though if he's not planning to hit for a  month
[ Last edit by Ruthie October 17, 2013, 07:04 PM ] IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #8000 on: October 17, 2013, 07:13 PM »

but on bbc 2 radio 2 just an hour ago they said he had said he was hopeful about playing in AO so I guess it's a matter of different interpretations of what he said.  But he's right not to rush things.  Like you WW it did make me wonder about the dream cup though if he's not planning to hit for a  month

You can hear what he said on the BBC news clip, which has added some bits of him speaking after the ceremony,  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24564258 .

Q " Will you make it to the Australian Open?"
A " I hope so, but I'm not going to come back unless I'm 100% fit..."
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #8001 on: October 17, 2013, 07:20 PM »

thanks Elena.  Yes it does sound like different people are interpreting what he said differently.  While it's disappointing that we may have to wait longer to see him back in action I'm glad he's being so sensible. It has to make sense. 
Did laugh at the flunky behind William who was looking as if to say 'how much longer are they going to go on?'!
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #8002 on: October 17, 2013, 07:28 PM »

Andy look great receiving his OBE, so proud and happy for him, tears were on the go again.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8003 on: October 17, 2013, 07:57 PM »

AO is 3  months away. He is already in the 2nd week of rehab. Let's not get like some members of the media and get into a tiz about one comment.  We know Andy doesn't give the press much the aim has always been and appears still is the start of next year. I for one am not going to worry until  we see what happens with dream cup.

Think they all looked great and Andy looked happy and proud.  Lovely pictures thanks to those who posted them.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8004 on: October 17, 2013, 09:44 PM »

Agreed Tessie.  I think Andy was just being sensible.  I'm really pleased that Andy seems to be keen to be very sensible about this, and won't rush for the sake of it.  He's thinking long-term.

Then again, there have been some who thought that because Andy was spotted going for a walk that he'd be playing tennis within the fortnight, so it's a question of being sensibly realistic.  There's no need to be pessimistic, but it doesn't hurt to accept these things can't be rushed.

Hopefully the Dream Cup exho will be more of a hit and giggle, than a warm-up effort.  It's arguably tagged onto the end of this year's season, rather than prep for next year.  It just depends if the other players know it's just for fun.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #8005 on: October 17, 2013, 10:58 PM »

I agree Tessie. The way I interpret things is that it would be daft if Andy told the press he WILL be back at such and such a point. If he did that they would latch on to that and work themselves into a tizz if Andy missed that date.

Andy will be back when he's ready, that makes sense to me, but that doesn't mean that he won't be ready for the AO or that the rehab isn't going to plan. I'll worry when we know for sure there is something to worry about.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8006 on: October 18, 2013, 01:10 AM »

A lot of non-British fans etc. are a bit confused with the OBE honour.  I'm seeing a lot of congrats to Sir Andy Murray.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: News Articles « Reply #8007 on: October 18, 2013, 07:12 AM »

A lot of non-British fans etc. are a bit confused with the OBE honour.  I'm seeing a lot of congrats to Sir Andy Murray.

Foreign edia is also confused, they relate this all to of Wimbledon http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/tennis/21981137/__Murray_bijna_te_laat_bij_de_prins__.html
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #8008 on: October 18, 2013, 09:05 AM »

newsagent delivered a Telegraph this morning as my paper was late and there on front page is the pic on twitter of Maggie May wearing the Order of the Border Empire
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8009 on: October 18, 2013, 09:15 AM »

I agree Tessie. The way I interpret things is that it would be daft if Andy told the press he WILL be back at such and such a point. If he did that they would latch on to that and work themselves into a tizz if Andy missed that date.

That's how I saw it, if he gave a definite date and then pulled out it would be hugely dramatized. If he says he isn't fit for AO I think it would not be that his back wasn't ready but that he wouldn't feel his overall fitness was there  - he will want to feel confident he can go 7 rounds of best of 5 set matches in the heat - probably it will only be once he is a good bit into his Miami training that he will know if he is getting back to full fitness, it would be hard to tell at this stage how long that might take.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 533 [534] 535 536 537 ... 711 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »