Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 542 [543] 544 545 546 ... 755 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 468970 times)
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8130 on: November 01, 2013, 10:43 PM »

Have to say my first instinct when I read his comment earlier was hackles rising and indignation that he was having a go at Andy. Coming from the man who a few weeks ago said he regretted playing through a backinjury in the spring #doublestandards
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8131 on: November 01, 2013, 10:44 PM »

@Ionared

I suspect that Murray stealing his Olympic Singles Gold still rankles...!!!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8132 on: November 01, 2013, 10:45 PM »

Lendl was interviewed on Radio 5 Live to promote his clash with Pat Cash for World Tennis Day, but he also said that he expected Andy to be in Melbourne.  Thanks to Russell and Twitter:

Lendl isda man!!! udaman
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #8133 on: November 01, 2013, 10:46 PM »

Lendl isda man!!! udaman

You been boozing again westie  2 man down
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8134 on: November 01, 2013, 10:53 PM »

Not a drop has passed my lips - doing a charity bag pack tomorrow. Saving myself for next weekend - starting at the airport to relax and get in the mood. Can't believe how close it is !!!!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #8135 on: November 01, 2013, 10:58 PM »

Not a drop has passed my lips - doing a charity bag pack tomorrow. Saving myself for next weekend - starting at the airport to relax and get in the mood. Can't believe how close it is !!!!

I know......I've been packed for a week  lol counting the hours now.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8136 on: November 01, 2013, 11:01 PM »

I need to pack this weekend and give my dad my luggage so I don't get seen leaving school before the bell with as suitcase lol
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #8137 on: November 01, 2013, 11:02 PM »

I need to pack this weekend and give my dad my luggage so I don't get seen leaving school before the bell with as suitcase lol

Why?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: News Articles « Reply #8138 on: November 01, 2013, 11:03 PM »

Why?

She'll get sacked.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #8139 on: November 01, 2013, 11:03 PM »

Are you juking away early....and leaving the wee rascals to it
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8140 on: November 01, 2013, 11:29 PM »

I am indeed - need to leave before the weans to get the flight to London City. Boss had no problem with it but doesn't want the staff to know - and if children saw me their parents wd have a field day. Had to ask for it to be even earlier cos of the roadworks on Erskine Bridge. Just makes it all the more fun!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #8141 on: November 02, 2013, 07:19 AM »

Have to say my first instinct when I read his comment earlier was hackles rising and indignation that he was having a go at Andy. Coming from the man who a few weeks ago said he regretted playing through a backinjury in the spring #doublestandards
god that man makes me sick.   I don't think he's been playing through pain for 18 months - winning Olympic gold, a first GS against a top 4 player and Wimbledon.  Hardly the mark of a wimp as implied by smugfed.  He should just learn to shut the f*** up.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #8142 on: November 02, 2013, 10:14 AM »

Spot on Ruthie!
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8143 on: November 02, 2013, 10:27 AM »

There's a big article on Andy in today's Times.  The full thing isn't available online unless you subscribe, but this is the intro for the rest of us.  Something to look out for if you are at the shops. Smile

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/tennis/article3910952.ece
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8144 on: November 03, 2013, 12:49 AM »

Andy Murray admits his Davis Cup heroics were fuelled by a fear of critics doubting his commitment.

Wimbledon champion delayed surgery to take part in the team event, thus jeopardising his place in the Australian Open next year.

http://aggbot.com/Sport-News/article/20987295

Andy Murray has revealed that the fear of being branded “unpatriotic” led him to risk his vulnerable back during the Davis Cup tie in Croatia in September — and thus move further down the road to surgery.

Murray, who is still unsure whether he will be fit to play the Australian Open in January, has been involved in Davis Cup rows before. Most famously, he was criticised by his own brother Jamie when he withdrew from a 2008 tie against Argentina citing knee trouble.

The pressure was all the greater this year. Not only had Murray taken a two-year break from the Davis Cup – a period in which he landed both the Wimbledon and US Open titles – but Great Britain’s second-string players had earned the team a chance to return to the World Group.

Murray must have gone to Croatia with serious misgivings, however, after a disappointing campaign on the American hard courts ended in straight-sets defeat against Stan Wawrinka in the fourth round of the US Open. Only now has he acknowledged how much pain he was suffering throughout the aftermath of his Wimbledon triumph.

“I decided before Wimbledon that I was going to have the surgery after the US Open,” said Murray, who was speaking at the launch of his new racket, the Head Graphene Radical, at Queen’s Club in London. “Then, obviously, I won Wimbledon so, naturally, my team were like ‘Maybe it’s not the best idea to have it’ and I kind of went along with that.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 542 [543] 544 545 546 ... 755 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »