Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 544 [545] 546 547 548 ... 713 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 415137 times)
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8160 on: November 03, 2013, 12:07 PM »

There will be extracts of the book tomorrow and Tuesday!   I'm not psychic, I read it somewhere. 
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #8161 on: November 03, 2013, 12:14 PM »

Anyone have a subscription to the Sun?They have an exclusive interview with Any today where he talks about accidental doping-apparently he pays a lab to triple check his drug tests and stuff.Looks like a good interview,but unfortunately now that they've got a paywall up there's pretty much nothing visible!

Here's the link:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/5239660/Wimbledon-champ-Andy-Murray-If-I-fail-doping-test-Im-ruined.html
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #8162 on: November 03, 2013, 12:26 PM »

Anyone have a subscription to the Sun?They have an exclusive interview with Any today where he talks about accidental doping-apparently he pays a lab to triple check his drug tests and stuff.Looks like a good interview,but unfortunately now that they've got a paywall up there's pretty much nothing visible!

Here's the link:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/5239660/Wimbledon-champ-Andy-Murray-If-I-fail-doping-test-Im-ruined.html

would anyone own up if they did?   Whistle
I wonder if it really is exclusive as all the papers imply exclusive interviews and you find they're all based on the same group interview. That said, I've not seen this anywhere else so perhaps it is a genuine exclusive.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: News Articles « Reply #8163 on: November 03, 2013, 12:52 PM »

Think it must be scary as well...to start again and fear the pain....

That's a good point flowerpower. It'll probably take quite some time for him to play freely. But I think so long as he does the rehab properly and doesn't rush his return to the tour he should be ok.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #8164 on: November 03, 2013, 01:19 PM »

I remember how scared he was to start playing again after the wrist injury although Brad Gilbert was putting him under pressure to start playing again sooner than he felt comfortable doing so. Of course that was different in that he had to stop immediately with an agonising injury to his right wrist but it may be that he'll need to talk to his sports psychologist again about dealing with the fear of reactivating the problem.  It's good to see him being so sensible about not rushing back - just hope all of us can be too and I include myself in that  Whistle
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8165 on: November 03, 2013, 01:26 PM »

would anyone own up if they did?   Whistle
I wonder if it really is exclusive as all the papers imply exclusive interviews and you find they're all based on the same group interview. That said, I've not seen this anywhere else so perhaps it is a genuine exclusive.

I haven't read the Sun article - but I think an 'exclusive' style article could be produced by a re-hashing of past comments -

In his autobiography, he talks about being 'scared' of the potential for inadvertently taking something contaminated etc - and you just need to link this with his comments for more transparency eg on Cilic's situation [I think they were made around the time of Davis Cup].

Thanks for the links and articles on here. Much appreciated.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8166 on: November 03, 2013, 01:57 PM »

There will be extracts of the book tomorrow and Tuesday!   I'm not psychic, I read it somewhere. 

Mekes sense if Neil Hrman helped write it - makes note to buy times tomorrow!
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8167 on: November 03, 2013, 02:42 PM »

Neil Harman ‏@NeilHarmanTimes 57m Something very interesting in @thetimes tomorrow regarding @andy_murray

Oof! Mr Harman please, such a tantalising teaser! More detail would be nice!!!

Hard to cope with this. I always worry it's something bad. Have taken out The Times Digital Subscription to see me through the next couple of months. There is a 3 months half price subscription about at the moment if anyone is interested. £2 per week for 3 months.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8168 on: November 03, 2013, 02:47 PM »

Here's the link:

Hey Dani, I came here to make the same request!! Great minds think alike?
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #8169 on: November 03, 2013, 02:57 PM »

Hey Dani, I came here to make the same request!! Great minds think alike?

Hah,that's so funny Milly! Very Happy Yup,great minds for sure!  w00t Wink

I've been googling to see if the interview was re-produced by any other publication,but haven't seen anything so far unfortunately.These paywalls are infuriating! Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8170 on: November 03, 2013, 03:00 PM »

Hah,that's so funny Milly! Very Happy Yup,great minds for sure!  w00t Wink

I've been googling to see if the interview was re-produced by any other publication,but haven't seen anything so far unfortunately.These paywalls are infuriating! Rolling Eyes

Anybody could sign up on the iPod/iPad for 1 month for a £1 trial. Not sure I can face it..!!! I have enough issues with Murdoch and The Times.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8171 on: November 03, 2013, 03:49 PM »

The Sun journalist tweeted to say "my exclusive interview ...", so despite being The Sun, they probably are using the term legitimately.  That just has to mean they have a story before anyone else, or their guy had some one on one time with Andy, even if it was just a couple of minutes.  It could just be that he got first sight of an extract from Andy's book.

https://twitter.com/CharlieWyett

That doesn't mean it won't be picked up by someone else tomorrow, or even later today.  I generally go with the theory that the good stuff gets picked up and repeated, but those paywalls don't half annoy me.  I don't mind the ones that let you have a certain number of visits for free first.  I think it's fair enough if you are a regular reader you can pay, but if all you want to do is to check the odd story, it's a bit much.  More so when the money is going to Murdoch.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #8172 on: November 03, 2013, 04:53 PM »

Masaka @ 2.42.  I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.  He wouldn't trail it in that way, if it was something bad.  But reassuring to know there's someone more prone to worry at the drop of a journalist's hat than even I am  Whistle
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #8173 on: November 03, 2013, 04:53 PM »

Hard to cope with this. I always worry it's something bad. Have taken out The Times Digital Subscription to see me through the next couple of months. There is a 3 months half price subscription about at the moment if anyone is interested. £2 per week for 3 months.

According to yesterdays Times theres to be a serialisation of Andys Wimbledon journey in the mans own words starting Monday. Incidentally Andys also up fro the Glenfiddich Spirit of Scotland award, you can vote at http://www.glenfiddich.com/uk/explore/spirit-of-scotland/  .   Not entirely sure Mr M would approve!!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #8174 on: November 03, 2013, 04:57 PM »

According to yesterdays Times theres to be a serialisation of Andys Wimbledon journey in the mans own words starting Monday. Incidentally Andys also up fro the Glenfiddich Spirit of Scotland award, you can vote at http://www.glenfiddich.com/uk/explore/spirit-of-scotland/  .   Not entirely sure Mr M would approve!!
so presumably it is taken from the 77 book because I think that's what that is?  And yes if Harman helped write it, it makes sense that the Times would publish extracts from it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 544 [545] 546 547 548 ... 713 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »