Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 547 [548] 549 550 551 ... 755 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 469287 times)
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8205 on: November 06, 2013, 07:20 PM »

It's hard to tell from interviews, but he seemed more interested in building his own empire and his own financial interests, which is fair enough (if true), but Andy needs people working for him, not just wanting to include him in his own plans.

I can still see Andy being involved in the league thing some time in the future (when he's closer to retirement, or recently retired), but I'm more comfortable with Andy being someone who could take part if he chooses, not being a core part of the business model.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: News Articles « Reply #8206 on: November 06, 2013, 07:24 PM »

Official from Angie:

Andy is not playing Brisbane.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8207 on: November 06, 2013, 07:25 PM »

Official from Angie:

Andy is not playing Brisbane.

I'm sure Leon Smith's quoted on BBC site as saying Andy's playing Doha and the Oz Open.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8208 on: November 06, 2013, 07:27 PM »

Is this Lagardere company anything to do with Richard Gasquet's 'mate'?

This article gives a bit of background detail about Lagardere:  http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2013/11/06/Labor-and-Agents/Murray.aspx
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #8209 on: November 06, 2013, 07:30 PM »

Anyone want to work for Andy? Cromlix House Recruitment Open Day 14th December 11am - 2pm

Cromlix Hotel will open in April 2014

We have a variety of positions available from gardeners, housemaids and waiters to management.

Please bring your CV along to discuss the recruitment opportunities available and meet the team who will manage Cromlix, ICMI.

http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=063cee6a877cfc67e5bbceb3f&id=46884ffd2d&e=82a7128a6b
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #8210 on: November 06, 2013, 07:36 PM »

Bet angie applies for it.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: News Articles « Reply #8211 on: November 06, 2013, 07:40 PM »

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/10/murray-unsure-about-2014-australian-open/49499/#.Unqawxap2ZN

You're right Milly, its stated in this article.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8212 on: November 06, 2013, 08:03 PM »

^^ and here are Leon's comments:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/24835852
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #8213 on: November 06, 2013, 08:04 PM »

An extract from the book which was posted on Andy's facebook.Made me really emotional reading it!

"In advance of the Games, the stories had all been about the prospect of terrible traffic problems, potential security problems and ticketing issues. People thought the opening ceremony would not be as good as in Beijing, but it proved to be an incredible spectacle.

Then a few days in, it was all: ‘We haven’t won a gold yet’. Everything was negative again. But once the first gold arrived, then another, then a couple more, it all changed. There was nothing to complain about anymore and the whole nation was carried along on a wave of excitement. The athletes performed better than anyone was expecting – career-best performances, golds, silvers, glorious achievements – and I put a lot of that down to the positive momentum all around. As an individual sportsman, I’d certainly never experienced anything like it.

I managed to make good progress through my first four rounds, only losing one set to Marcos Baghdatis, who challenged me really hard again. Then, after I defeated Nicolás Almagro of Spain on No.1 Court, with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge amongst the spectators, I was into the semi-finals to play Novak again. I spoke to Ivan the evening before and his message was the same as usual: to impose my game on the match, play the game on my terms and not to lose running around with my arse against the back fence.

I managed to execute the game plan, turning in one of my most complete performances of the year. In windy conditions I thought I struck the ball really well. In the first set there were some tremendous rallies, but the second set, by comparison, wasn’t quite as good. Novak had a lot of break points, but I served really well and hung tough in those moments and just managed to get the break myself in the end.The atmosphere was unbelievable, different to anything I’d experienced before. I’d always said that the night matches at the US Open had the best atmosphere, but they weren’t even close to what it was like against Novak.

I celebrated victory in the normal way until I sat down in the chair. Suddenly, I leapt up again, as if electricity was surging through my body. I’d realised I had guaranteed myself an Olympic medal.

The final would be a rematch against Roger for Olympic gold. It was being billed as a revenge mission, but going into matches trying to get revenge for something that’s happened in the past actually doesn’t help at all. I always try to focus on the task in hand and not dwell on what I should or might have done before. There is nothing you can do to bring it back.

One thing that I appreciated might make a difference was that Roger had not played for an Olympic gold in the singles before. Almost every other time I had played him, he had experienced the situations way, way more times than me. It’s so rare for him to be in a position where he’s trying to do something new because he’s experienced and achieved so much in tennis. I hoped that would level the playing field psychologically.

Of course, I would need to play fantastic tennis to win and I wanted it to be a great match because I think the way the matches went on semi-finals day the tournament deserved a great final and I hoped we could provide that.

Roger had beaten Juan Martín del Potro 3-6, 7-6,19-17 in the other semi-final. At four hours and 26 minutes, it was the longest match in Olympic history and one of the finest matches ever seen on Centre Court. It was a truly amazing spectacle – and some of the rallies had to be seen to be believed. Juan Martín took his defeat like the big man he is, and Roger got very emotional after his win. Perhaps, like me, that was partly due to the enormous relief that he was going to win an Olympic medal. Coming into the semi- finals, with the quality of players in that last four, there was definitely no guarantee of that. Though I really wanted to win gold, I wanted to at least come away with a medal. If I had lost the semi- final, I would have been playing Juan Martín for the bronze and that would have been very tough, as Novak discovered, losing and walking away with nothing to show for his efforts. After what had happened to me at Wimbledon a month before, that would have been another huge let down.

Laura Robson and I were progressing well in the mixed doubles, too. The day before my singles final we had to play twice, defeating two Australian Grand Slam champions, Lleyton Hewitt and Sam Stosur, in the quarter-final and Christopher Kas and Sabine Lisicki of Germany in the semis. It was good to spend the day occupied with something other than thinking about how the singles might go, even better to finish it with the guarantee of another medal. In the final, we would play Max Mirnyi and Victoria Azarenka from Belarus. Had the singles been best-of-five sets throughout, I would not have been able to play all three events, but with best-of-three format and the doubles scoring, it was all quick and I wanted to try to win as many medals as I could. If I won the mixed doubles at the US Open, no one would be that fussed. To me this was a really big deal, and the same went for Laura.

The atmosphere on finals day was nerve-tingling once again. So many were decked out in Union Jack colours, every spectator seemed to have a flag. I would imagine for Roger, the fact that the fans were so obviously in my corner must have been a shock for him. He’s been on that court so many times and the British have great affection for him. The Wimbledon final was fairly split, but in the Olympics the support for me was amazing. When the crowd is right behind you, it does make a huge difference – it makes you perform better, the opponent can feel intimidated, and when things are going well it is easier to carry that momentum through a match. Against Roger, this time, I didn’t let up at all.

The middle part of the match was, without doubt, the best I’d played in my career to that point. I’m not saying Roger played his best match, but the support of the crowd and the momentum from everyone else in every other sport doing so well seemed to carry me along. I just felt right the whole match.

I finished it with three big serves in a row. I think he only got a racket on a couple of them. I was serving for the biggest title of my career and I served as well as I had ever done.

In the moments after a special match like this there are certain people you want to be with. Not everyone got to see what I was really like after Wimbledon, even though Kim and my mum and dad would have known how I was feeling. They had seen me lose so many of those matches before. That made me doubt myself – and maybe they doubted me as well – so it was great to be able to spend two or three seconds with them straight after I’d won. They knew all the work that went into the victory and how many tough losses there had been along the way. Out of all of the things that happened to me in 2012,winning the gold medal was the proudest moment."
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #8214 on: November 06, 2013, 09:08 PM »

Andy should play Brisbane, he might need it yet to overtake Ferrer and get into the top-4.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8215 on: November 06, 2013, 09:12 PM »

I heard Leon Smith on 5live this morning and he said Doha which I assume is in place of Brisbane. I don't think he'd want to play 2 events right before Australian Open. (they may even be same week, havent checked next year calendar)
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: News Articles « Reply #8216 on: November 06, 2013, 09:13 PM »

I heard Leon Smith on 5live this morning and he said Doha which I assume is in place of Brisbane. I don't think he'd want to play 2 events right before Australian Open. (they may even be same week, havent checked next year calendar)

They are in the same week.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #8217 on: November 07, 2013, 01:56 AM »

I asked him outright at Waterstones and he said he isn't playing Brisbane Frown

But on the plus point his eyes lit up when I gave him his Scottish tablet and macaroon bar  lol
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #8218 on: November 07, 2013, 01:57 AM »

He's playing DOha. Nothing wrong with playing an event you won two times
IP Logged
Big dutch fan of Andy
Satellite Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8219 on: November 07, 2013, 02:11 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2488894/Andy-Murray-vs-Serena-Williams-Las-Vegas.html
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 547 [548] 549 550 551 ... 755 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »