Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 549 [550] 551 552 553 ... 713 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 412000 times)
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8235 on: November 08, 2013, 11:17 PM »

Just came across this in the Daily Mail. Had to check it wasn't April 1st. I'm sure Andy will be glad to get to Miami & hopefully get some peace away from our media -   http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2493668/Andy-Murray-security-scare-approached-autograph-hunters-brandishing-tennis-rackets-witness-thought-shotgun.html
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8236 on: November 08, 2013, 11:40 PM »

Just came across this in the Daily Mail. Had to check it wasn't April 1st. I'm sure Andy will be glad to get to Miami & hopefully get some peace away from our media -   http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2493668/Andy-Murray-security-scare-approached-autograph-hunters-brandishing-tennis-rackets-witness-thought-shotgun.html

There are a few fans on twitter that have been near Andy when the man mentioned in the above article has been 'hunting' for an autograph. By all accounts he's very aggressive. After he managed to poke Andy in the eye after Wimbledon you'd think he would have stayed away for a bit. Obviously not. It's harassment as far as I'm concerned. Andy should just refuse to sign anything else for him. When you think of all the genuine fans that will probably never get close enough for an autograph. It's sickening really.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #8237 on: November 09, 2013, 08:02 AM »

It's good to hear Andy speaking out like this on doping.  It won't have made him popular with some players (including Nole) but I think he's right
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/24872914
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8238 on: November 09, 2013, 08:17 AM »

He is definitely right, and I actually think most players will agree with him, but might have been scared to say so, so good on him.  And dare I say it, good on Roger, because he's taken a similar line too.

Andy's right about the damage to the reputation of various sports because of doping, so it is in the best interests of tennis players to push for reasonable doping controls and not whine if they get caught doing something stupid. 
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8239 on: November 09, 2013, 11:11 AM »

It's good to hear Andy speaking out like this on doping.  It won't have made him popular with some players (including Nole) but I think he's right
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/24872914

Very impressed with the way Andy spoke out at the lack of professional attitudes from both Cilic and Troicki. I felt that Djokovic was way out of line by accusing the drug tester of not being honest in her role and defending his friend Viktor as being an innocent party.

Andy and Federer have both spoken out strongly on the matter of more and consistent drug testing in tennis in line with other sports. All athletes in whatever discipline have to accept the necessity of having to undergo regular visits from the test regime.n
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8240 on: November 09, 2013, 11:13 AM »

On another subject.

Could AP McCoy just pip Andy to SPOTY due to his 4,000 victories? Gosh I hope not
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8241 on: November 09, 2013, 12:03 PM »

Feel sorry for Troicki and Cilic - particularly Troicki as 18 months is farcical.

Of course they were unprofessional - at the very least Troicki should have got documented confirmation from the doctor to delay the test e.g. email or social media message - for goodness sake it's not rocket science!!
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8242 on: November 09, 2013, 12:05 PM »

On another subject.

Could AP McCoy just pip Andy to SPOTY due to his 4,000 victories? Gosh I hope not
Absolutely no chance - he's won it before anyway.  Most of the British nation have no interest in horse racing (by British I do of course include Scotland!!)
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8243 on: November 09, 2013, 03:03 PM »

Absolutely no chance - he's won it before anyway.  Most of the British nation have no interest in horse racing (by British I do of course include Scotland!!)
Was that necessary. Last time I checked Scotland was on the Island of Great Britain.  Whistle
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8244 on: November 09, 2013, 05:21 PM »

Agreed.  Pretty much every time someone achieves something impressive in sport this year it is suggested they might rival Andy to the award, but I think that just proves how much everyone knows he's a shoe-in.

Also, you shouldn't really get an award for achievements in a single year for accumulated wins over a whole career, especially when he's won the award in the past.  That kind of achievement is more fitting to a life-time achievement award at some point.

One person whose name is hardly mentioned and was overlooked for a nomination last year is Laura Trott.  She's had another great year and is very popular, so I'm surprised there hasn't been more buzz about her. 
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #8245 on: November 09, 2013, 05:22 PM »

Yes it is necessary because many people from overseas think England is Britain a common mistake.We are an afterthought.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8246 on: November 09, 2013, 05:57 PM »

Yes it is necessary because many people from overseas think England is Britain a common mistake.We are an afterthought.
I am English but I hate it when they refer to Britain as England just annoys me.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: News Articles « Reply #8247 on: November 09, 2013, 07:48 PM »

This is classic Daily Mail.

Andy Murray out on the town last night:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2495551/Andy-Murray-girlfriend-Kim-Sears-look-stylish-leave-trendy-London-restaurant.html

Here he is again, out on the town two days after he won Wimbledon, wearing the same suit as in today's article, with Kim wearing the same clothes, at the same restaurant, and getting poked in the eye by the same guy. And they say lightning never strikes twice.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2358612/Andy-Murray-poked-eye-autograph-hunter.html

Thanks to Sinead on Twitter.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8248 on: November 09, 2013, 10:02 PM »

One person whose name is hardly mentioned and was overlooked for a nomination last year is Laura Trott.  She's had another great year and is very popular, so I'm surprised there hasn't been more buzz about her. 

Do you think perhaps that's because she's female?
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #8249 on: November 09, 2013, 10:11 PM »

According to Andy on Jonathan Ross he had to get some bone in his back shaved off- "a very minor amount" that should make a big difference,in Andy's words.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 549 [550] 551 552 553 ... 713 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »