Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 571 572 573 [574] 575 576 577 ... 640 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: News Articles  (Read 354893 times)
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #8595 on: December 15, 2013, 06:05 PM »

But I never said I found the US Open more special over Wimbledon. I was just backing up what Joe said.

Cool good for you. Haven't got time to debate too busy.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #8596 on: December 15, 2013, 06:07 PM »

Cool good for you. Haven't got time to debate too busy.

Then don't make idiotic remarks that will spark a debate. yes
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #8597 on: December 15, 2013, 06:08 PM »

Then don't make idiotic remarks that will spark a debate. yes
   Leave that up to you, eh Gangsta?
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #8598 on: December 15, 2013, 06:09 PM »

Leave that up to you, eh Gangsta?

I was wondering when you'd poke your nose in Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #8599 on: December 15, 2013, 06:09 PM »

Ooh right your talking about what was more special for you! Sorry I picked u up wrong.

No problem mate.

Also I am sure Andy still rates the USO quite highly, he's said before the USO is his fav slam .
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8600 on: December 15, 2013, 06:35 PM »

The USO, Wimbledon and the Olympics were all very special in their own way, to me anyway, because they were all great historic achievements, although Wimbledon has to be the jewel in the crown.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #8601 on: December 15, 2013, 06:46 PM »

The USO, Wimbledon and the Olympics were all very special in their own way, to me anyway, because they were all great historic achievements, although Wimbledon has to be the jewel in the crown.
  Yes, I would go with that too.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8602 on: December 16, 2013, 12:35 AM »

Andy Murray a man of whom all of Britain should be proud

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/sports-personality/25393172

When the British public first met Andy Murray, it certainly wasn't love at first sight.

His small talk failed to impress, and too few of us took the time to work out what makes him tick, or to consider how difficult it must be to negotiate those first few years of adulthood in full public view.

But then he became a champion - at both the Olympics and the US Open - and cried into his microphone as a Wimbledon runner-up.

He was the sporting public's third-favourite in the year of the London Games, and now - after adding the title that British fans so craved - has topped the popular vote by a landslide to become only the second male tennis player to be named BBC Sports Personality of the Year.

He doesn't crave celebrity, or particularly enjoy the limelight, and would rather be out walking the dogs with his girlfriend Kim than strolling down the red carpet in his tux. But the emotion in his voice as he accepted the award from Martina Navratilova in Miami was evident: this means an enormous amount to him, and he would have loved to be in Leeds to accept the award in person.

It would have been out of character, though, for Murray to break away from his crucial pre-season training block, especially as he has not hit a ball in match conditions for the past three months.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8603 on: December 16, 2013, 01:06 AM »

Great article Iona.  Just listening to the video of Andy's acceptance speech got me all choked up again.  Also it's encouraging to have confirmation that he should be stepping on court in Abu Dhabi and Doha, after which I assume a decision about the AO will finally be made.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8604 on: December 16, 2013, 01:28 AM »

Great article Iona.  Just listening to the video of Andy's acceptance speech got me all choked up again.  Also it's encouraging to have confirmation that he should be stepping on court in Abu Dhabi and Doha, after which I assume a decision about the AO will finally be made.

The time delay made for a difficult speech but it was lovely. Andy sounded quite emotional by the end. I felt quite teary watching him. So glad he's getting the recognition he deserves. Roll on Abu Dhabi and Doha.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #8605 on: December 16, 2013, 10:13 PM »

I have to agree.... Olympics was held in Britain so extra special that Andy won gold and silver for his country, USO really special for Andy and all of us because he came through after making it to so many finals and not winning them, and finally after 77 years Andy wins Wimbledon, a great feat for a great Scot.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8606 on: December 16, 2013, 10:40 PM »

The time delay made for a difficult speech but it was lovely. Andy sounded quite emotional by the end. I felt quite teary watching him. So glad he's getting the recognition he deserves. Roll on Abu Dhabi and Doha.
He definitely handled the time delay well and didn't seem in the least fazed.  He's come a long way when it comes to dealing with the media in general.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: News Articles « Reply #8607 on: December 17, 2013, 11:01 PM »

Andy posted 2 hrs ago on his FB:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01nhxf1

"Listen to the BBC Five Live documentary 'The Day We Won Wimbledon' on Thursday at 9pm, repeated on Christmas Day, have a listen to the three minute trailer..."

I never get tired of hearing about Andy, the Wimby Winner :-)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8608 on: December 17, 2013, 11:31 PM »

I love the trailer ... reeling off all these names - and then come Andy! yay
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #8609 on: December 18, 2013, 11:39 AM »

That's a great trailer. The magnitude of what Andy has done really hits home when you hear all of the Wimbledon winners since Perry being reeled off like that. It still gives me a tingle when I think of what Andy did that day. It goes down for me as the sporting moment of my life, which doesn't take away at all from Andy winning the USO and the Olympics, which I regard as special for different reasons.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 571 572 573 [574] 575 576 577 ... 640 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »