Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 577 578 579 [580] 581 582 583 ... 734 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 442885 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #8685 on: December 30, 2013, 10:12 PM »

Apologies if this was posted already,but I hadn't seen it!

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/dec/27/memorable-moments-2013-andy-murray
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #8686 on: December 31, 2013, 12:39 PM »

positive piece in today's Indie
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/andy-murray-is-feeling-good-for-return-to-competition-9030913.html

As well as Andy saying he feels he's not lost any strength or movement, he also says it was never clear what exactly was causing the back problem (the symptoms of which included pains all the way down the feet ).  That might explain why he never gave a clear answer as to what the problem was - not that I felt he was obliged to but I know some of you did.
[ Last edit by Ruthie December 31, 2013, 07:29 PM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #8687 on: January 01, 2014, 07:25 AM »

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/gallery/2013/dec/31/sports-photos-2013-tom-jenkins

Posting this link here too. The photos are absolutely  brilliant and Andy kicks them off with 1 and 2  yay
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #8688 on: January 01, 2014, 12:01 PM »

I love the first one bbh - better than the one typically used of Andy kissing the trophy as it really does sum up his emotions in his facial expression. And I liked what the photographer wrote about it too.  It never occurred to me that photographers might get as tense about it all as we do.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8689 on: January 01, 2014, 12:08 PM »

Happy New Year to all at MW. It's been a pleasure to communicate with most posters on these sites.

An extract from yesterday's Daily Telegraph, Sport's section under the heading:

"What should have happened in 2013". It's a month by month jocular assessment. Let's turn to June -

"Andy Murray becomes the first British man to win Wimbledon in 77 years and rips up the PR script to tell his country to stick it if it does not like his dour temperament. "It's who I am and it is who I am who got me where I am today - certainly not the LTA. If you want simpering stars who are always smiling and playing to the audience then watch Strictly Come Dancing.""  

If only AM had made this statement.

I apologise if this has been posted previously
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8690 on: January 01, 2014, 12:15 PM »

positive piece in today's Indie
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/andy-murray-is-feeling-good-for-return-to-competition-9030913.html

As well as Andy saying he feels he's not lost any strength or movement, he also says it was never clear what exactly was causing the back problem (the symptoms of which included pains all the way down the feet ).  That might explain why he never gave a clear answer as to what the problem was - not that I felt he was obliged to but I know some of you did.
Ugh - don't you just love back problem mysteries.  I certainly don't like the sound of it too much, so all we can do is keep our fingers crossed and hope that the procedure gave him relief.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #8691 on: January 01, 2014, 12:18 PM »

I know Aileen I did find it slightly worrying that it could have been more than one thing causing the problem but fingers crossed that this has sorted it and that he can avoid further injury to the back through strengthening exercises etc.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8692 on: January 01, 2014, 12:21 PM »

I know Aileen I did find it slightly worrying that it could have been more than one thing causing the problem but fingers crossed that this has sorted it and that he can avoid further injury to the back through strengthening exercises etc.
I was a bit surprised he chose to play Doha because it can be chilly there at this time of year, but I can understand why he opted for it.  I suppose he'll have to wear a thermal vest if necessary.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #8693 on: January 01, 2014, 06:44 PM »

I was too but I can also see why he wanted to be assured of a couple of matches in AD and Brisbane was too far to travel from there in the short turnaround time.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8694 on: January 02, 2014, 12:06 PM »

Loved reading in the Times that the Wimbledon win produced the biggest electricity surge of 2013 -

"Andy Murray’s victory at Wimbledon last year earned him another title — the National Grid’s award for generating the biggest surge in electricity demand recorded in 2013.
The final between Murray and Novak Djokovic, which lasted three hours and nine minutes, attracted 17.3 million viewers, the biggest audience of the year, and triggered several surges.
In the break between the first and second sets, there was a slight rise in electricity usage as people put the kettle on. The most sudden drop happened when Murray was serving for the title. From 5.25pm, when he won, until about 5.45pm audiences across Britain remained tuned in to the tennis.
Shortly after the victory speech, hundreds of thousands of kettles were boiled, fridges opened and lights switched on.
There was another surge, or “pick-up” as National Grid calls it, after he was presented with the trophy. This was followed by two smaller ones, first when he paraded it round the court and then when the TV coverage finished.
The extra electricity used during these four surges was more than twice as much as in November at the end of the X Factor’s Sunday sing-off."

clap

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8695 on: January 02, 2014, 06:40 PM »

lol Brilliant!
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #8696 on: January 02, 2014, 07:24 PM »

I love it.!!
IP Logged