Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 594 [595] 596 597 598 ... 640 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: News Articles  (Read 357747 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #8910 on: January 27, 2014, 08:34 PM »

Angie I'm concerned about the three days as well. I wish he wouldn't play the doubles, but I can see why he would want to play, if that makes a difference between us having a chance to win, which it probably would.

I just think we have to trust that he knows what he is doing. I suppose it could give him some indication of how his back will hold up at RG.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8911 on: January 27, 2014, 08:38 PM »

^^ I'm just disappointed that we STILL seem to be in the position of relying just on Andy.
Seems that Evans has been a let-down; maybe Ross isn't up to it yet - and Colin would then probably prefer to be playing with Andy, despite other good doubles players...

Oh well. Here's hoping it is a success; and Andy comes through it all unscathed.
IP Logged
eeyorebob
Satellite Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8912 on: January 27, 2014, 08:40 PM »

^^ I'm just disappointed that we STILL seem to be in the position of relying just on Andy.
Seems that Evans has been a let-down; maybe Ross isn't up to it yet - and Colin would then probably prefer to be playing with Andy, despite other good doubles players...

Oh well. Here's hoping it is a success; and Andy comes through it all unscathed.

Agree with this.  Unfortunatly this is the position we are in currently with British Tennis.  Hopefully the younger players will come through though and we won't need to rely on him so much.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #8913 on: January 27, 2014, 08:45 PM »

^ I think the problem is that we don't have enough strong singles players. You've also got to balance who is best on what surface I suppose, as well as trying to give youngsters the chance to play.

I don't envy Leon Smith one bit. The decisions he has to make can't be easy.
IP Logged
eeyorebob
Satellite Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8914 on: January 27, 2014, 08:48 PM »

Fully agree with this, I would hate to be Leon and having to make these decisions
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #8915 on: January 27, 2014, 08:50 PM »

Fully agree with this, I would hate to be Leon and having to make these decisions

Mind you, the trade-off is when we win. The Croatia tie was brilliant, I loved it.
IP Logged
eeyorebob
Satellite Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8916 on: January 27, 2014, 08:52 PM »

Yes I did too.  Just wish Eurosport had shown Dan's 2nd singles match the "dead" rubber as they called it.  Was mightly annoyed it wasnt on TV - Hope BBC don't do the same
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #8917 on: January 27, 2014, 08:57 PM »

I think it is too much to expect Andy to play doubles and singles since he is not yet 100% fit.He is taking too much of a risk especially playing on clay. I think Leon Smith must be aware of the danger that he might injure Andy further and not play him in doubles. It is enough for Andy to play singles at this time.
IP Logged
eeyorebob
Satellite Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8918 on: January 27, 2014, 08:59 PM »

Agree, I think Leon should go with Colin and Dom for the doubles and leave Andy for the singles.  Am sure they know what they are doing.  Anyway we'll find out this weekend
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8919 on: January 27, 2014, 09:46 PM »

I just think we have to trust that he knows what he is doing. I suppose it could give him some indication of how his back will hold up at RG.

I suspect this is part of his thinking as it will help him plan how he approaches the clay season. But like you all, though I am looking forward to the tie  I will be watching with a touch of anxiety - fortunately matches are scheduled at winetime!
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8920 on: January 28, 2014, 08:39 AM »

I think if Kyle wasn't coming through as a genuine promising hope for the next few years, Andy might not have bothered.    I also wonder if he is feeling stubborn, knowing that the Americans picked clay in the hope of scuppering him, or even hoping he wouldn't turn up at all.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: News Articles « Reply #8921 on: January 28, 2014, 12:56 PM »

No its US vs GB last time I checked.

I think everyone knows that it's the USA v Andy Murray without him they won't win not at this level.  I just hope he doesn't feel pressured into doing it because the public have changed their perception of him.  Whatever is said it is patently obvious that Andy just wants to be liked and he has had to spill blood and guts on a tennis court to finally have most of the nation behind him. 

Hopefully he will only play the singles but remember the last doubles match and Colin Fleming saying looking across the court and seeing Andy Murray as his doubles partner made him raise his game. 

I hope Andy gets out of it the good he usually does i.e. team spirit, being part of a team, being with people he trusts and representing his country and that he comes away from it without any further back problems.

So really it is the USA v Andy Murray and the USA knew that hence their choice of surface!!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #8922 on: January 28, 2014, 06:08 PM »

Andy wins another award

http://www.allmediascotland.com/media-releases/59555/andy-murray-may-have-dropped-to-6th-in-the-world-rankings-but-hes-still-no-1-for-scots-in-london/
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8923 on: January 28, 2014, 06:58 PM »

Angie I'm concerned about the three days as well. I wish he wouldn't play the doubles, but I can see why he would want to play, if that makes a difference between us having a chance to win, which it probably would.

Andy is well aware that playing on clay right now is perhaps not the best thing for rehab after back surgery, but I'm sure he will listen to his own body and to what his advisers have to say.  Fortunately Mark Bender, his physio-cum-back expert, is also physio to the GB team, so will be on hand to make sure he's in the best shape possible and presumably, if necessary, offer advice as to whether he should play in the doubles or not, or even in the entire tie.  Time the DC was scrapped anyway.  The Tour schedule is crowded enough without adding this anachronism to it, especially as ties often follow on straight after Slams.

yay

IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #8924 on: January 28, 2014, 07:53 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25857296 How cool is this? Be interesting to know just how useful it is for top players.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 594 [595] 596 597 598 ... 640 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »