Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News on Cromlix House 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18 Go Down Reply
Author

News on Cromlix House

(Read 9761 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News on Cromlix House « Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 09:36 PM »

lul, Aileen owned.
No need to crow laddie!

I'd rather just stay in a travelodge.
I've never stayed in a luxury hotel so have no idea what it's like, but it does seem a waste of money to me.  As long as I get a comfortable bed and decent meals I'm happy.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: News on Cromlix House « Reply #16 on: February 09, 2014, 09:51 PM »

No need to crow laddie!

I've never stayed in a luxury hotel so have no idea what it's like, but it does seem a waste of money to me.  As long as I get a comfortable bed and decent meals I'm happy.

Who are you? You must be new here, welcome welcome
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News on Cromlix House « Reply #17 on: February 09, 2014, 09:55 PM »

woohoo
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News on Cromlix House « Reply #18 on: February 11, 2014, 03:00 AM »

"Families' plea to Andy Murray as they're evicted to make way for his hotel just minutes from Wimbledon champion's hometown of Dunblane"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2556333/Families-plea-Murray-theyre-evicted-make-way-hotel.html
[ Last edit by Aileen February 11, 2014, 01:57 PM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News on Cromlix House « Reply #19 on: February 11, 2014, 01:26 PM »

I've only just seen this Aileen! There's a discussion on News Articles about it now! Personally, I feel that someone's trying to take advantage of Andy's good nature!  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News on Cromlix House « Reply #20 on: February 11, 2014, 01:31 PM »

I've only just seen this Aileen! There's a discussion on News Articles about it now! Personally, I feel that someone's trying to take advantage of Andy's good nature!  Rolling Eyes
I couldn't decide whether to put it on News articles or here, so I'm glad somebody has. 
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: News on Cromlix House « Reply #21 on: February 11, 2014, 02:51 PM »

The Daily Mail had this news on the front page.

Its a tricky situation for Andy. Id bet he has no direct involvement in this. This is a straightforward financial transaction that is probably being handled by lawyers or the management company. If the terms of a lease say either party can give one month notice to break the lease then there should be no problem.

I think the tenants just  look silly. Are they charity cases? Having said that I have a lot of sympathy for the woman with MS.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News on Cromlix House « Reply #22 on: February 11, 2014, 02:53 PM »

Yes on the front page of the Daily Record they only have a six month lease and were told at the time. The cottages will be required for the staff at the hotel.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News on Cromlix House « Reply #23 on: February 11, 2014, 03:05 PM »

The Daily Mail had this news on the front page.

Its a tricky situation for Andy. Id bet he has no direct involvement in this. This is a straightforward financial transaction that is probably being handled by lawyers or the management company. If the terms of a lease say either party can give one month notice to break the lease then there should be no problem.

I think the tenants just  look silly. Are they charity cases? Having said that I have a lot of sympathy for the woman with MS.
I didn't realise it was a front page article, just saw it online.  Typical DM outrage sob-story. grr

I'm afraid I don't have much sympathy for the lady with MS here.  If you take on a tenancy you should be well aware that it can brought to an end by the landlords, or yourself, provided sufficient notice is given, and I assume a Lease would be in place.

Yes on the front page of the Daily Record they only have a six month lease and were told at the time. The cottages will be required for the staff at the hotel.
Nice of the Record to pick up on this story as well. Rolling Eyes  They're as bad as the DM anyway.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: News on Cromlix House « Reply #24 on: February 11, 2014, 04:07 PM »

I didn't realise it was a front page article, just saw it online.  Typical DM outrage sob-story. grr

I'm afraid I don't have much sympathy for the lady with MS here.  If you take on a tenancy you should be well aware that it can brought to an end by the landlords, or yourself, provided sufficient notice is given, and I assume a Lease would be in place.
Nice of the Record to pick up on this story as well. Rolling Eyes  They're as bad as the DM anyway.

I don't have any sympathy for anyone who is part of a sob story in our awful tabloid press.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News on Cromlix House « Reply #25 on: February 11, 2014, 05:52 PM »

I'm enjoying ticking some of the many comments below the article from people who have no sympathy for the tenants, and a lot of the greens are in 4 figures as well.  Of course there are the inevitable Murray bashers, but their comments are as asinine as the article.  No surprise there though.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: News on Cromlix House « Reply #26 on: February 11, 2014, 06:55 PM »

If this girl's so pissed off about it, why doesn't she apply for a god damn job there?

Andy won't come to their doorsteps and just give them jobs, surely she should know that. Idiots.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News on Cromlix House « Reply #27 on: February 11, 2014, 06:55 PM »

I have certain empathy for anyone who realises they have to move when they hoped they could stay put, but unfortunately, that's part and parcel of the rented market.   I've been "evicted" twice over the years.  Thankfully, I was young and single both times, so it was much more of an inconvenience than anything else to find somewhere new and to move, but I also helped my brother look for a new home when he and his young family were given notice.  We stressed a bit about finding the right place, but didn't think to blame anyone else for it.  When you rent, you also get the benefits of being able to give the landlord short notice when you want to move.

I know not everyone renting wants to live that way, and some people think there should be better options for longer-term leases, but odds are the original owner wouldn't have wanted to rent out the property on a longer lease.

This is an utter non-story, and irresponsible reporting.  As much as some people are going to read the headline and think it's the Highland clearances all over again and judge Andy accordingly, there will also be a great many people who are a bit more worldly, who just see the family as trouble-making opportunists and give them a lot of grief they hadn't anticipated as the "journalists" egged them on.

Overall, I can't see many people taking it all that seriously, and while it is a joke that is featured in a newspaper at all, even a small column on page 32, I'm sure Andy and the team appreciate that having his name attached to the project also gives them a lot of free, positive publicity for the project too.   You have to take the rough with the smooth.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News on Cromlix House « Reply #28 on: February 11, 2014, 07:26 PM »

The fact that the tenants could easily have ended the tenancy themselves, had they chosen to do so, doesn't seem to have occurred to either the Mail or the Record.  I've lived in rented property, and in fact still do, but have always been aware of my own and the landlord's legal rights.  Fortunately though I've never been 'evicted'.

I can't see this story running anyway, because if the comments posted are anything to go by, nobody's interested as it's obvious to most people that there's no wrong-doing here.  Mind you, it wouldn't surprise me if the tenants were offered alternative accommodation by landlords who read the article, but I guess that's one way of saving yourself the trouble of looking around to see what's available!
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News on Cromlix House « Reply #29 on: February 11, 2014, 07:32 PM »

I saw this all over the new stands this morning and totally ignored it. It's all part of the celebrity parasitism encouraged by the media. It would be a total non-story otherwise. Now Andy is going to be under pressure to respond. I don't think he should; but the pressure will be on for some kind of ex-gratia compensation.  I really hope he resists the temptation.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »