Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Official Apology 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

Official Apology

(Read 2593 times)
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Official Apology « on: October 14, 2005, 12:14 AM »

"I read on the internet I needed to see a fashion doctor and I was not too happy about that," laughed Murray. "I'm not going to change."

eep.
I've just remembered that the lovely heavenlyangel took a card from murraysworld to the davis cup and therefore the likelyhood that andy has been here has increased.
Whether or not andy has been here, i am feeling kind of sheepish (no welsh jokes please Smile ) seeing as some of the stuff we have said could come across as kind of mean...although we don't mean it to be.
Therefore i have decided to concoct this rather cunning official apology to andy on behalf of the teenage (and not so teenage Wink ) girls of the site (mainly myself and julia), incase he ever plucks up the courage to return to this scaryscary place.
...this seems like a good idea at midnight, when you are hyper and full of guilt and paracetamol. it may seem somewhat stupid in the morning. (honestly people, in real life i am NORMAL....no, really).

to andy,
we are truly sorry for any offence we may have caused by implying, ok saying repeatedly, that your clothes/hair/sideburns could be altered or that you needed to see a fashion doctor..... it is of course your tennis that we follow - we think you are a fantastic player and hope that you achieve everything you wish to in the course of your career Smile
we also hope that some of our observations...and the subsequent grovelling...might have made you smile....or mock us. either way.
good luck with everything, and of course, SMASH THE ENGLISH in aberdeen!!

x x x x x
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Official Apology « Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 01:33 PM »

yeah ill second that apologie
andy we're sorry if we ever dissed your clothes/hair, and of coarse it is your tennis and personality that we love. (although the fact that you are really buff just adds to that)
good lookwtih the future, and we hope you do really well xx
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

Official Apology « Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 02:01 PM »

i still cant believe sum people had the cheek 2 say that stuff about him.
bang out of order.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Official Apology « Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 02:05 PM »

Quote from: "Amy"
i still cant believe sum people had the cheek 2 say that stuff about him.
bang out of order.

hence the apology.
and we didn't mean to be mean, you know - everything was said 'in jest'. but we do realise now that we've taken it a bit too far. so we will stop Very Happy
IP Logged
red?

Andy you have converted me1 « Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 03:29 PM »

Although I am English and quite pround. I have to say that I will be surpporting scotland against this Aberdeen cup i know shame on me but I can't help . I am soo sorry to all the alike english out there undecided on which team to surpport. I f Andy Murray wasn't playing and grg was off the british team ( i don't know why but I just don't like the guy) then I would be shouting common england
Blame Andy Murray

Hehe lol :P  8)  :?  Surprised  lol  Exclamation  Question
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Official Apology « Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 03:31 PM »

OK...

Just out of interest, why is the Henman not playing?
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Official Apology « Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 03:33 PM »

Quote from: "JohnW"
OK...

i guess its similar to the davis cup thing...maybe? and also he has been injured for a large part of the season - maybe he didnt want to commit if it would damage his comeback or maybe he wasnt asked as organisers weren't sure if he'd be able to play.
although he was probably asked....i would have thought....
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Official Apology « Reply #7 on: October 14, 2005, 05:33 PM »

Quote from: "JohnW"
OK...

:?  Have you no idea of his injury problem?

He'll be lucky to play Wimbers next year. Despite all the positive stuff being put out, it's touch and go whether Tim can ever be a major player again. He's 31, that's far too late (even if his injury was curable, which it's not) to start the gruelling task of being motivated.

Dont give me Goran as an example, he was a Slam contender with a deadly weapon, his serve.

Tim plays a more subtle game which, at its best, is fantastic to watch.

But this is one hell of an abyss to get out of now. I'm not sure he can.  Crying or Very sad

The last thing he needs is to waste his back playing tournaments that will sap him mentally and physically. He needs ATP points.
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Official Apology « Reply #8 on: October 14, 2005, 05:38 PM »

Quote from: "Tally"
:?  Have you no idea of his injury problem?

Well I had some idea, but obviously not enough.... I quite understand now! Frown
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Re: Andy you have converted me1 « Reply #9 on: October 14, 2005, 06:14 PM »

Quote from: "red?"
Although I am English and quite pround. I have to say that I will be surpporting scotland against this Aberdeen cup i know shame on me but I can't help . I am soo sorry to all the alike english out there undecided on which team to surpport. I f Andy Murray wasn't playing and grg was off the british team ( i don't know why but I just don't like the guy) then I would be shouting common england
Blame Andy Murray

Hehe lol :P  8)  :?  Surprised  lol  Exclamation  Question

hehe im half scottish and half english so i have best of both!1
although for the aberdeen cup i will support scotland, as i definately prefer murray
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Official Apology « Reply #10 on: October 14, 2005, 07:50 PM »

Am undecided on who to support so have decided to support Andy when he is playing and England when Andy isn't playing, but won't be too upset if England lose
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Official Apology « Reply #11 on: October 14, 2005, 09:56 PM »

Laura, i totally agree with you - i was thinking of giving an applogy, because i suppose we were a bit to harsh! so to anyone, on this site that didn't like it, on my behalf im VERY VERY sorry, but it was only done for humour and no other purpose. W all love Andy, including myself, and although we might have a little joke (sometimes) it's nothing personal what-so-ever!
Anyway, and to Andy! well we owe him a huge apology! ....the sideburns, fred perry clothes, photo montages...jokes - it's all nothing personal but done for the amusment! nothing was created to make anyone embarassed or cause conflict - it was only done because of some beautiful photos that looked unique....
and one of the reasons i love is Andy, because of his crazy hair aspect, which isn't crazy since Marat's got a similarstyle, but why have a similar style?! so everything is cool! and although im still not a huge fan of the powder blue shirts.... Rolling Eyes what can i say? if Andy wore the pink, 2 holes in the back shirt i would probably either faint or try gasping for breath!
So sorry for any confusions, and for some of my actions!  wink
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Official Apology « Reply #12 on: October 14, 2005, 11:02 PM »

in addition to the main apology, i would like to apologise to any members of this board who have been annoyed by our antics Very Happy i hope you realise that we meant nothing by it Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Official Apology « Reply #13 on: October 15, 2005, 12:11 AM »

You people actually think Andy is genuinely offended with that poster's comments? :-({|= I find that hard to believe, I'm sure he saw the funny side, but offended? no way.

I read top_spin's post on vr.com saying that most people are too serious here, starting to think she could be right  \Very Happy/
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Official Apology « Reply #14 on: October 15, 2005, 08:41 AM »

to be honest i do agree with you in that andy probably wasnt bothered at all, but....what he said did make me feel guilty....so.....

and some people on the site have been annoyed by us taking the piss....although i must say we found it hilarious Wink

oh well. it seemed like a good idea at midnight. lets finish it now.

end of.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »