Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray/Robson in 2
Murray/Robson in 3
Azarenka/Mirnyi in 2
Azarenka/Mirnyi in 3
PseudoFed

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni  (Read 4506 times)
tennis_girl
World No 1

Predictions?
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Mirnyi is a top doubles player, so he'll be a huge factor on the court. I'm not pretty familiar with mixed doubles, but, in my opinion, it's about who can hold serve more times Victoria or Laura. It can go both ways, really.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Azarenka trumps Robson, Andy trumps Mirnyi so it's 50-50. Robson will sure be very nervous so her serves will be a big factor (big stage, much bigger expectation etc. will automatically put a lot of pressure on her) - Andy won't be able to do everything for her. They will have the crowd though so that may inspire some confidence in Robson or so I hope. Good thing for Robson though that she has someone like Andy on her side. He's extremely considerate and thoughtful, so that may help Robson play her best as well. Still, it's 50-50.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

I think Andy only trumps Mirnyi if his confidence is going. If he gets down, (remember he's playing that match immediately after his men's singles), he could start off slow and that's not what he would want with this type of match set-up.

His ups and downs have mightily improved especially over the last year, but I think it's still difficult to expect him to be confident after (possibly) losing the arguably better title. Then again, all of this can be squashed if he wins against Federer.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Andy book signing at Piccadilly, Nov 2013

I've only ever watched a few Mixed Doubles matches, and to be honest there are too many factors at play to make a prediction with any confidence.  It's genuinely 50/50 I think

Having said that I can close my eyes and picture two gold medals around our hero's neck....... and most richly deserved they would be.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Because this is not a Slam final, I don't think he'll be as affected even if he loses the singles final. I'll take it he's prepared for both occasions win or loss. Just the feeling I am getting...
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Because this is not a Slam final, I don't think he'll be as affected even if he loses the singles final. I'll take it he's prepared for both occasions win or loss. Just the feeling I am getting...

We'll see. It's difficult to tell because this is a unique situation where one gold medal match immediately follows another.
IP Logged
AndyND

What a fantastic day we have in store tomorrow.  Bring it on!
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Mirnyi is a top doubles player, so he'll be a huge factor on the court. I'm not pretty familiar with mixed doubles, but, in my opinion, it's about who can hold serve more times Victoria or Laura. It can go both ways, really.
Azarenka is a far superior player to Laura, so I think they (AM & LR) are the weaker link. However, the occasion means more than we know so statistics and logic dont always mean at lot, in these cases.

Andy is used to the big stage and the big moments, that will be another little hurdle for Laura to overcome. but with Andy at her side she'll fine. He's taken her under his wing.
IP Logged
AndyND

From what I saw today Laura was well able to deal what was fired at her! Some cracking returns.   
IP Logged
killieboyd
Junior

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #10 on: August 04, 2012, 11:22 PM »

From what I saw today Laura was well able to deal what was fired at her! Some cracking returns.   
Agreed!
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #11 on: August 04, 2012, 11:33 PM »

Id love to agree with that but her serve under pressure was iffy to say the least. Get her into the point and she's fine though.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #12 on: August 04, 2012, 11:35 PM »

I don't think he ever prepares to lose. But i agree that there is less of a mental hurdle to get over.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #13 on: August 04, 2012, 11:39 PM »

So TG, who will you be gunning for? Or is it a win/win situation (or lose/lose)?
IP Logged
sickboy1888
Junior

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #14 on: August 04, 2012, 11:49 PM »

So why is the Womans Doubles not on second between the 2 finals to give Andy some rest like they do at Wimbledon.Is Andy expected rlto syay on court after the medal ceromomy?
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »