Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray/Robson in 2
Murray/Robson in 3
Azarenka/Mirnyi in 2
Azarenka/Mirnyi in 3
PseudoFed

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni

(Read 6137 times)
jeanie1953
Junior

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #210 on: August 05, 2012, 06:57 PM »

What an experience for Laura - Andy was so 'brotherly' to her - for her experience and a silver medal - for him the whole day has been the greatest experience. For once it was AM and not RF who won and, like many MW posters, I shed a few tears 'cos it is so special. Andy will go on to win a GS now if not more than one - he took his time but he came of age - the maturity is there now and will stand him in good stead for the future.
AGREE
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #211 on: August 05, 2012, 06:58 PM »

What an experience for Laura - Andy was so 'brotherly' to her - for her experience and a silver medal - for him the whole day has been the greatest experience. For once it was AM and not RF who won and, like many MW posters, I shed a few tears 'cos it is so special. Andy will go on to win a GS now if not more than one - he took his time but he came of age - the maturity is there now and will stand him in good stead for the future.
Agreed as well.  Think Andy's emotions are all over the place but he has nothing to be ashamed of here.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 05, 2012, 07:02 PM ] IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #212 on: August 05, 2012, 07:00 PM »

Andy's really good with her.  Had Laura been a bit more experienced player GB probably would have won, but winning silver must be a great boost.  Andy won the singles and that was the important thing.  Think the poor man's emotions are shot to pieces.

I'm glad that the situation wasn't reversed at least and he won silver in singles and gold in mixed dubs.

The singles gold medal is infinitely sweeter.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #213 on: August 05, 2012, 07:03 PM »

I'm glad that the situation wasn't reversed at least and he won silver in singles and gold in mixed dubs.

The singles gold medal is infinitely sweeter.
Oh sorry - I edited my original post.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #214 on: August 05, 2012, 07:05 PM »

Oh sorry - I edited my original post.

Mark has started that trend. Smile
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #215 on: August 05, 2012, 07:10 PM »

Well take silver and gold, thank you yay
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #216 on: August 05, 2012, 07:15 PM »

Has the medal ceremony finished yet? Or are they doing women's doubles first?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #217 on: August 05, 2012, 07:16 PM »

Mark has started that trend. Smile

I read Jan's post after I posted mine, and decided hers was better than mine!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #218 on: August 05, 2012, 07:17 PM »

Think they're waiting for bronze play off, but may be wrong.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #219 on: August 05, 2012, 07:18 PM »

Ah, forgot all about those chaps!

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #220 on: August 05, 2012, 07:19 PM »

Has the medal ceremony finished yet? Or are they doing women's doubles first?
I don't think the BBC showed it, or if they did I missed it.

Forgot about that too.  Why on earth wasn't it scheduled for No.1 court, like the other bronze play-offs?  A bit much to keep them hanging around, and I'm sure all Andy wants now is to get home as quickly as possible. 
[ Last edit by Aileen August 05, 2012, 07:22 PM ] IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #221 on: August 05, 2012, 07:20 PM »

I don't think the bronze match has played yet.

Honestly forgot all about those plebs. :p
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #222 on: August 05, 2012, 07:20 PM »

Laura did very well, but obviously not up to Murray's standard.  I think the result was fair.  It was amusing that even with the proper colour medal held tight in his little paw, he still didn't like losing this match. Equally he will recognise that he couldn't do it all, and Laura lost it at a couple of crucial points.  The BBC has said our lad is off to the next one. Maybe he is going to dodge the press, after all he has got what he came from....!!! Now he will be after his next GS. If he can beat NJ + Fed in the Olympics - he now knows there is absolutely no reason he can't do it in the slam.  I will be at the post office tomorrow to get my Murray stamp.
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #223 on: August 05, 2012, 07:25 PM »

Yes what a waste of time those mixed doubles turned out to be, eh?  Wink

Andy has made a huge leap today but so has Laura in her own way. What a boost for her fledgling career!  yay
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #224 on: August 05, 2012, 07:32 PM »

Forgot about that too.  Why on earth wasn't it scheduled for No.1 court, like the other bronze play-offs?  A bit much to keep them hanging around, and I'm sure all Andy wants now is to get home as quickly as possible.

It was scheduled for no 1 court they have used the excuse of the rain delay earlier but that was only an hour.  Andy will have to wait for probably a couple of hours now. 

Anyone know if he is playing next week, cant imagine he will do well must be physically and mentally drained (or is that just Smugfed)
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »