Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray/Robson in 2
Murray/Robson in 3
Azarenka/Mirnyi in 2
Azarenka/Mirnyi in 3
PseudoFed

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni

(Read 6817 times)
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #225 on: August 05, 2012, 07:35 PM »

Yes what a waste of time those mixed doubles turned out to be, eh?  Wink

Andy has made a huge leap today but so has Laura in her own way. What a boost for her fledgling career!  yay

Not a waste of time at all! A silver medal and it has helped Andys net game. 
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #226 on: August 05, 2012, 07:35 PM »

Can't do anything until the bronze is played for.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #227 on: August 05, 2012, 07:38 PM »

Well have they done the ceremony or not?  Getting conflicting stories here.

It was scheduled for no 1 court they have used the excuse of the rain delay earlier but that was only an hour.  Andy will have to wait for probably a couple of hours now. 

Anyone know if he is playing next week, cant imagine he will do well must be physically and mentally drained (or is that just Smugfed)
He's said he's going to Toronto but I think he can be fogiven if he goes out in his first match.  He's got to go to the US anyway where he'll be linking up with Lendl - who must be pleased as Punch with this win ... not that he'll show it!
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #228 on: August 05, 2012, 07:39 PM »

I'm watching the bronze mixed doubles match live so how could they do the medal ceremony?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #229 on: August 05, 2012, 07:43 PM »

OK - I just misread an earlier post.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #230 on: August 05, 2012, 08:57 PM »

Medal ceremony happening soon as bronze match has just finished.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #231 on: August 05, 2012, 09:01 PM »

They are just preparing for it now, still on Sky channel 450
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #232 on: August 05, 2012, 09:21 PM »

Not a waste of time at all! A silver medal and it has helped Andys net game. 

I thought the wink made it clear I was joking! Had so much fun watching these matches. Is the medal ceremony on Freeview at all or have I missed it?
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #233 on: August 05, 2012, 09:45 PM »

Drat - missed the medal ceremony - hope they'll repeat it.  Really annoyed with the British medis - any article I've read has them 'losing the gold medal' instead of 'winning the silver medal' - so negative!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #234 on: August 05, 2012, 10:31 PM »

Drat - missed the medal ceremony - hope they'll repeat it.  Really annoyed with the British medis - any article I've read has them 'losing the gold medal' instead of 'winning the silver medal' - so negative!
If you're in the UK, it can be viewed here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/live-video/p00w314t

Hover mouse over the video, then choose 20 on the list below the time feed.
IP Logged
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #235 on: August 05, 2012, 10:38 PM »

Enjoyed this match. I thought Robson looked a bit out of her depth in the end but Murray was imperious at the net. I think I enjoy mixed doubles more than mens or womens doubles.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #236 on: August 05, 2012, 10:59 PM »

Have you noticed we havent seen a photo of Laura tonight, just heard her name mentioned.
I think its naughty not to show her/Andy winning the silver medal they achieved.

I feel sorry for her, she's been completely bypassed. Little publicity and praise whilst many others with silver and bronze had their moments of fame and glory.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #237 on: August 05, 2012, 11:01 PM »

Have you noticed we havent seen a photo of Laura tonight, just heard her name mentioned.
I think its naughty not to show her/Andy winning the silver medal they achieved.

I feel sorry for her, she's been completely bypassed. Little publicity and praise whilst many others with silver and bronze had their moments of fame and glory.

I have photos, but thought I was putting too much up on the Murray Pictures thread. Shrug
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #238 on: August 05, 2012, 11:06 PM »

Has anyone noticed how Laura sounds very similar to Heather?
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #239 on: August 05, 2012, 11:06 PM »

I have photos, but thought I was putting too much up on the Murray Pictures thread. Shrug
Just to clarify, I was referring to the UK news channels, really Sky and BBC are the ones I can watch, but also the websites of newspapers just havent bothered to cover the mixed doubles final.

Maybe just overshadowed by the track & field events, and sailing, I guess.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »