Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray/Robson in 2
Murray/Robson in 3
Azarenka/Mirnyi in 2
Azarenka/Mirnyi in 3
PseudoFed

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] Go Down Reply
Author

Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni

(Read 6039 times)
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #240 on: August 05, 2012, 11:11 PM »

Just to clarify, I was referring to the UK news channels, really Sky and BBC are the ones I can watch, but also the websites of newspapers just havent bothered to cover the mixed doubles final.

Maybe just overshadowed by the track & field events, and sailing, I guess.

Mixed Doubles is not that big of a deal, I guess? Every news article I saw was this tiny paragraph. Even the Belarussians didn't get that much recognition.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #241 on: August 05, 2012, 11:14 PM »

Sky News have just redeemed themselves, they showed a photo of Andy and Laura at the end. Not seen anything of the medal ceremony though.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #242 on: August 05, 2012, 11:45 PM »

Can I just say that I don't even know why they're allowed to play for Belarus as neither have lived there in YEARS?

Andy hasn't lived in Scotland for the last ten years but he is still a Scot.   Sharapova hasn't lived in Russia for years but played for Russia.    Presumably they have
not taken American citizenship.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #243 on: August 05, 2012, 11:45 PM »

Sky News have just redeemed themselves, they showed a photo of Andy and Laura at the end. Not seen anything of the medal ceremony though.
Gabby Whatsherface has just interviewed Andy and Laura on BBC1 round up show. They made quite a fuss of them. There is a BBC Olympic channel showing just tennis and the doubles ceremony was on that after the bronze was won. Andy and his team and Laura came back on to court afterwards and danced around with flags and hugged each other. Laura didnt seem to be disappointed as far as i could see and as she commented to Gabby they were playing the number one seeds. They so nearly won that as well.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #244 on: August 06, 2012, 12:17 AM »

Andy hasn't lived in Scotland for the last ten years but he is still a Scot.   Sharapova hasn't lived in Russia for years but played for Russia.    Presumably they have
not taken American citizenship.
Andy lives in London. He just trains in the US.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #245 on: August 06, 2012, 12:32 AM »

Missed this altogether and had really wanted to see it. Don't know what happened to it really. I think the channel I had on, waiting for it got switched!
.. and no, Emma I wasn't on the bottle!  Very Happy   Anyway, good for them, getting a silver medal!
[ Last edit by adb..OH August 06, 2012, 12:47 AM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #246 on: August 06, 2012, 01:23 AM »

If you're in the UK, it can be viewed here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/live-video/p00w314t

Hover mouse over the video, then choose 20 on the list below the time feed.
Thanks MH.  Had to go out so missed it.  Seeing the union flag being raised above CC twice in one day got me emotional all over again (helped by the Chariots of Fire theme!).  An unforgettable day for Andy, and for Laura too.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #247 on: August 06, 2012, 09:48 AM »

Laura Robson being interviewed now on Sky News.
The 3rd youngest tennis player to win at medal at  the Olympics.

Take that!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #248 on: August 06, 2012, 09:50 AM »

Brilliant interview, she was professional on TV as on court.

Well done Laura!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #249 on: August 06, 2012, 05:51 PM »

Laura Robson being interviewed now on Sky News.
The 3rd youngest tennis player to win at medal at  the Olympics.

Take that!
Shame Sky don't seem to have kept a video of that interview, but that's an interesting stat and one that Laura will be proud of.

I was impressed by her performance yesterday, and Andy was very good at guiding her through.  This win will have done her confidence and belief a lot of good, and the experience will come with time.  At only 18 she has a very bright future.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Final: Murray/Robson v Azarenka/Miryni « Reply #250 on: August 06, 2012, 07:38 PM »

Shame Sky don't seem to have kept a video of that interview, but that's an interesting stat and one that Laura will be proud of.

I was impressed by her performance yesterday, and Andy was very good at guiding her through.  This win will have done her confidence and belief a lot of good, and the experience will come with time.  At only 18 she has a very bright future.
She said she was disappointed (that was apparent too) not getting the goldmedal, and for Andys sake, his 2nd gold. The silver medal was "Not too shabby" she smiled. She admitted that she had trouble handling Mirynis serve.
She can be proud of her performance, I was truly amazed, I thought she may crumble under the pressure as this was a wildcard and no preparation time.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »