Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Semi-final: Murray/Robson v Lisicki/Kas 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] Go Down Reply
Author

Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Semi-final: Murray/Robson v Lisicki/Kas

(Read 3070 times)
Rachie
Seed

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Semi-final: Murray/Robson v Lisicki/Kas « Reply #150 on: August 04, 2012, 06:21 PM »

Congratulations to Andy and Laura they played great! It was a really fun match, and will be soo happy for Andy to win 2 Olympic medals tommorow - just hoping they are gold Very Happy
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Semi-final: Murray/Robson v Lisicki/Kas « Reply #151 on: August 04, 2012, 06:22 PM »

Hadn't watched mixed doubles for years before today! Andy and Laura were so good when it mattered on those last few points in the MTB. Huge for them both. Looking forward to a day of tennis finals tomorrow with those guaranteed medals!  yay

I'm the same Jules, almost never watch mixed doubles, but it's really interesting! Clearly the  men target the women, being - at least on paper - the weaker partner.  And then there'e the service games, where the men are expected to win easily, and the girls to struggle.  And then this is all even more tense in the tie breaks - you get a point up with the opposition's girl to serve next, and you hope to capitalise!

And yet it doesn't always work out that way!  Sometimes the girls rocket in a serve, or a return and it's game on.

I have really enjoyed these three MD matches - and roll on the fourth!

By the way, isn't Andy magnificent?  No offence to Laura, who has played her part, but Andy has been utterly superb.

Roll on tomorrow!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Semi-final: Murray/Robson v Lisicki/Kas « Reply #152 on: August 04, 2012, 06:27 PM »

Hi All,

Just one more thought from me. If Andy doesn't start next year with at least an O.B.E. I will have something to say about it, and it will be something very rude. Come on Mr. Cameron, see to it.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Semi-final: Murray/Robson v Lisicki/Kas « Reply #153 on: August 04, 2012, 06:30 PM »

Hi All,

Just one more thought from me. If Andy doesn't start next year with at least an O.B.E. I will have something to say about it, and it will be something very rude. Come on Mr. Cameron, see to it.

David Cameron doesn't have the power to do that, does he?!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Semi-final: Murray/Robson v Lisicki/Kas « Reply #154 on: August 04, 2012, 06:33 PM »

haha what Murray.. "When we won the point to go up 8-6 I said some words [LR's] probably not heard before!"

w00t   hahahaha

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Semi-final: Murray/Robson v Lisicki/Kas « Reply #155 on: August 04, 2012, 07:01 PM »

David Cameron doesn't have the power to do that, does he?!

He most certainly does, yes. Honours, though given by the Queen, are actually given by Downing Street. The Queen can yay or nay it, but that's pretty much a formality. It's Downing Street with the power. If it was to happen Andy would receive a letter from Downing Street later in the year, I think it would be around October/November time, asking him if he would be prepared to accept whatever it might be, an O.B.E., M.B.E, Knighthood.....If he agreed he would have to keep the info to himself for a while, until it was officially announced at New Year, but then he would get it.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Semi-final: Murray/Robson v Lisicki/Kas « Reply #156 on: August 04, 2012, 07:13 PM »

http://zeenews.india.com/news/world/curse-of-cameron-british-fans-branded-their-pm-a-jinx_791102.html
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Semi-final: Murray/Robson v Lisicki/Kas « Reply #157 on: August 04, 2012, 07:14 PM »

Did you even bother to read the headline of that Indian article?

You should know it's incorrect considering we've done fantastic so far in this Olympics.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Semi-final: Murray/Robson v Lisicki/Kas « Reply #158 on: August 04, 2012, 07:15 PM »

Laura Robson orders for Muzza in Mixed final: "I’m expecting Andy to hit hard at the girl because that’s how you win the point sometimes."

More Laura on Murray: "On occasion I’d like Andy to hit the thing a bit harder against the other girl but he’s too nice.”

LOL laura
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Semi-final: Murray/Robson v Lisicki/Kas « Reply #159 on: August 04, 2012, 07:20 PM »

Did you even bother to read the headline of that Indian article?

You should know it's incorrect considering we've done fantastic so far in this Olympics.

Cameron has a knack of cursing British athletes with a lot of events he attends!
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Semi-final: Murray/Robson v Lisicki/Kas « Reply #160 on: August 04, 2012, 08:16 PM »

Hi All,

A couple of Golds and it had better be "Arise Sir Andy" or there should be riots!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Semi-final: Murray/Robson v Lisicki/Kas « Reply #161 on: August 04, 2012, 11:42 PM »

Cameron has a knack of cursing British athletes with a lot of events he attends!
Yes. That's what it is. He curses them. No such thing as a coincidence in life eh.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Olympic 2012 Mixed Doubles Semi-final: Murray/Robson v Lisicki/Kas « Reply #162 on: August 05, 2012, 07:35 AM »

On the other hand, Kate and Wills  Whistle
Not a Royalist btw, just an observer...Wink

Don't you ever stop Speak to the hand
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »