Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 53 Go Down Reply
Author

Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic

(Read 11909 times)
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #105 on: August 03, 2012, 12:59 PM »

I vote that everyone takes this to the appropriate thread.

Federer/Delpo arguments probably belong in the Other Players thread.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #106 on: August 03, 2012, 01:00 PM »

AK400 why are you on an Andy Murray fan site?   You clearly love Mr Smug and are unable to see what the rest of us see so why not go and play with your friends on the RF fan sites instead of trying to rile people up on here. 

Federer is no longer the best player in the world as will be borne out when play moves to the hard courts and Djoko gets the No 1. spot back.  Being the best player in the world is about consistency throughout a whole year – not profiting at the year end when the other players are suffering with niggles etc.  and getting cake walk draws in the GS’s.  Can’t wait for the end of the year as Smug has a bucket load of points to defend and I cannot see him doing it.

Whatever happens today will happen and none of us on here can affect that we can only show our support which is what we are doing to Team GB and Andy so why don’t you do the same on an RF fan site.

Please do not reply to my post as I will ignore it and not playing anymore !!!!
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #107 on: August 03, 2012, 01:03 PM »

I thought AK400 had been banned .He only posts to stir things up.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #108 on: August 03, 2012, 01:06 PM »

Look great set from Del Porto we all know he can do this but Roger has made a slow start still expect him to get an early break in set 2 and pull this out in 3.

Del po winning first set is what match needed otherwise it would have been a one sided route not good for a semi! :-)
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #109 on: August 03, 2012, 01:08 PM »

ak.. if you want to discuss Roger Federer, please come to the Olympics Other Players thread. There is a live discussion on the match right now and is a more appropriate place for you to post in.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #110 on: August 03, 2012, 01:09 PM »

Look great set from Del Porto we all know he can do this but Roger has made a slow start still expect him to get an early break in set 2 and pull this out in 3.

Del po winning first set is what match needed otherwise it would have been a one sided route not good for a semi! :-)
Why are you still here?
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #111 on: August 03, 2012, 01:09 PM »

I think it's imperative that Andy beats Djokovic - at least then he will be guaranteed a medal.

The thought that he might come away empty-handed would be too nerve-wracking to contemplate. Good Luck, Andy!
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #112 on: August 03, 2012, 01:34 PM »

Why are you still here?

Because we need balance to remind us that Andy isn't actually a god except to some of those on this forum lol
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #113 on: August 03, 2012, 01:39 PM »

It's funny how Djokovic's path is seen as the "toughest", purely because he struggled against Hewitt. Had Andy had that draw and breezed past them like he has his opponents, now they wouldn't be calling it a tough draw would they?

Wawrinka and Baghdatis are far tougher opponents than Roddick and Hewitt, sorry.

Tsonga was a bigger test but let's be honest, he was knackered.

Djokovic's draw was nowhere near as tough as some make out, he just made it look harder than it was.

Absolutely dead right, spot on. Great post, which tells it exactly as it is.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #114 on: August 03, 2012, 01:45 PM »

Come on  Delpo!!!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #115 on: August 03, 2012, 01:45 PM »

I would happy if Andy wins silver.  It would be very interesting to see him match up with Delpo.   They haven't played each other in AGES!!
IP Logged
mcenroeforever
Satellite Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #116 on: August 03, 2012, 01:52 PM »

Should be a brilliant match today, both have shown this week how much they want to do well here, Andy in 3 nerve shredding, tense sets! cmon yeah
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #117 on: August 03, 2012, 02:04 PM »

Hi All,

I tell you what, if Del Potro manages to pull this semi off Andy needs to beat Djokovic. I swear, if Del Potro gets in to the final and Andy isn't there I will cry, and crying isn't good when its silent because you have no voice lol.

Contrary to the comms, I don't see Del Potro winning majors again. I don't think he's consistent enough, so I don't see where Lloyd is coming from with the idea that he will. To my mind Andy will win his first before Del Potro wins another one. Oh, and it will be over my dead body that he will knock Andy down the rankings. I don't dislike Del Potro really, and I wouldn't mind seeing him behind Andy in the rankings, but he is not overtaking him. I won't have it lol. I'd like Del Potro to pick off Berdych. That would be all right lol.

Back to the point though, what would really upset me is if Del Potro was to win this and then Andy was to lose today, facing Smugfed in the bronze medal play off. How much do we want to bet that Smugfed would go and bust a gut to beat Andy? He'd do it just to be annoying.

No, actually I've decided. Andy is going to do everything in his power to win today. I've had confidence in him all the way through and I'm not abandoning him now. He CAN do it. We know he can, and I am certain he has the belief now.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #118 on: August 03, 2012, 02:05 PM »

Hi All,

I tell you what, if Del Potro manages to pull this semi off Andy needs to beat Djokovic. I swear, if Del Potro gets in to the final and Andy isn't there I will cry, and crying isn't good when its silent because you have no voice lol.

Contrary to the comms, I don't see Del Potro winning majors again. I don't think he's consistent enough, so I don't see where Lloyd is coming from with the idea that he will. To my mind Andy will win his first before Del Potro wins another one. Oh, and it will be over my dead body that he will knock Andy down the rankings. I don't dislike Del Potro really, and I wouldn't mind seeing him behind Andy in the rankings, but he is not overtaking him. I won't have it lol. I'd like Del Potro to pick off Berdych. That would be all right lol.

Back to the point though, what would really upset me is if Del Potro was to win this and then Andy was to lose today, facing Smugfed in the bronze medal play off. How much do we want to bet that Smugfed would go and bust a gut to beat Andy? He'd do it just to be annoying.

No, actually I've decided. Andy is going to do everything in his power to win today. I've had confidence in him all the way through and I'm not abandoning him now. He CAN do it. We know he can, and I am certain he has the belief now.
This post made me Very Happy
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #119 on: August 03, 2012, 02:11 PM »

This post made me Very Happy

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing lol.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 53 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »