Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 53 Go Down Reply
Author

Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic

(Read 13295 times)
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #30 on: August 02, 2012, 08:56 PM »

Andy and Nole are very closely matched, hence the close H2H: Murray moves better on grass, is a deft volleyer and will have the crowd; Nole has more variety/consistent power on the forehand, a more effective second serve (though not vastly anymore) 

Yeah I wondered if I was imagining this. Andy's second serve isn't being laughed at anymore. Its not being wellied back at him. It seems to kick up high and his opponents are having to kind of tap it back almost. It was noticeable in the final at Wimbledon that Federer wasn't doing much to Andy's second serve. This could be a very key improvement to Andy's game.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #31 on: August 02, 2012, 08:58 PM »

His serve as a whole has improved dramatically since the clay. He's getting it in a lot more, he's finding it more on the big points, his second serve has beefed up.

In the first set against Baghdatis it felt like he was struggling to find it, and it was still around the 60's I think - which normally would be seen as pretty good.
IP Logged
caroline
Seed

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #32 on: August 02, 2012, 09:01 PM »

Come on Andy you can do it.Im going for Andy in three sets.I think Andys playing the best tennis of the top three at this tourny.He's serving better that Fed or Novak.As long as he keeps beliveing and plays as well as he has been playing,he's onto a winner for sure. toot
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #33 on: August 02, 2012, 09:04 PM »

Murray's second serve stats were amazing throughout Wimbledon. It's definitely improved.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #34 on: August 02, 2012, 09:25 PM »

Andy's first and particulary second serve, along with his forehand, has been a work in progress.
They are all coming of age.
I am very pumped about tomorrow's match.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #35 on: August 02, 2012, 09:28 PM »

Hi All,

Just a brilliant day all round for TeamGB!

I still think Andy was fab against Almagro, and I could have cried with pride watching him with Laura. His serving was wonderful again. Amazing match that. Good on Laura as well for not giving up when her serve went awol. Stunning crowd support too. It makes me fill up when they start chanting. I'm going to be in floods of tears tomorrow whatever the result!

I'm genuinely excited about tomorrow! Go on my lad!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #36 on: August 02, 2012, 09:33 PM »

How stupid is the OOP for tomorrow? Andy's singles third on Centre, doubles fourth on Court 1.  He'll probably still be playing singles when his doubles is due to start!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #37 on: August 02, 2012, 09:37 PM »

Come on Andy keep this confidence and you can do it.  Hope the crowd continue with their vocal and brilliant support.  Would love to see Andy do this, my dream medal play off, Andy v's Delpo with Djoko p,aying off against Smug Face. 
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #38 on: August 02, 2012, 09:38 PM »

How stupid is the OOP for tomorrow? Andy's singles third on Centre, doubles fourth on Court 1.  He'll probably still be playing singles when his doubles is due to start!
Great!!! Pathetic as usual Alis!!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #39 on: August 02, 2012, 09:39 PM »

I think Andy will win in 2. I honestly cant see the Joker winning tomorrow.
Iam with you Andy to win.  cmonandy cmon GB
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #40 on: August 02, 2012, 09:41 PM »

Come on Andy keep this confidence and you can do it.  Hope the crowd continue with their vocal and brilliant support.  Would love to see Andy do this, my dream medal play off, Andy v's Delpo with Djoko p,aying off against Smug Face. 

Yes why not, that would be fantastic MM,  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #41 on: August 02, 2012, 09:44 PM »

Not seen many of Nole's games and not seen the Amalgro one but just watched the 2nd and 3rd set of the one against Baggy and if Andy can maintain that level then I really think he can beat Nole though will probably take 3 sets.  Now whereever he plays there always seem to be plenty of noisy Serbs shouting for Nole but surely even they will be drowned out by the fantastic crowd supporting Andy here.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #42 on: August 02, 2012, 09:48 PM »

Not seen many of Nole's games and not seen the Amalgro one but just watched the 2nd and 3rd set of the one against Baggy and if Andy can maintain that level then I really think he can beat Nole though will probably take 3 sets.  Now whereever he plays there always seem to be plenty of noisy Serbs shouting for Nole but surely even they will be drowned out by the fantastic crowd supporting Andy here.

The quality of some of Andy's play has been amazing during both Wimbledon and the Olympics, if he can repeat this tomorrow then he has a very good chance.  Djoko is not as convincing as this time last year but there is always that extra gear he gets when representing his country, but our Andy is getting that too, he seems to be able to pull himself up and cross the line.  Come on Andy, just in case you have not heard 2012 is officially MURRAY TIME.......
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #43 on: August 02, 2012, 09:51 PM »

I think Andy is really feeding off the huge levels of support he's receiving and this is letting his game flower.  It's wonderful to behold.  I so hope he makes it tomorrow and then he'll know he'll have a medal round his neck on sunday.  And it would be richly deserved.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #44 on: August 02, 2012, 09:53 PM »

The atmosphere tomorrow will be much better than the Wimbledon final. That is a certainty. Id go as far to say it will be the best atmosphere he's played in.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 53 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »