Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 53 Go Down Reply
Author

Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic

(Read 11772 times)
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #90 on: August 03, 2012, 12:12 PM »

I certainly am not your 'dear' so stop that right now, you never know Fed may lose to Delpo, which would be my dream result.

And Tim Henman may win the US Open 2012 or pigs may fly...
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #91 on: August 03, 2012, 12:17 PM »

Well Del Potro is playing into form now, it might finally be time for him to make a statement after his long recovery from injury.
Either way don't be too sure Roger is winning gold. Despite his fraudulent cakewalk draw, both Novak and Andy have spent less time oncourt than they might have & shall be ready for Roger.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #92 on: August 03, 2012, 12:18 PM »

If Andy get’s through today then it would not be a silver medal he would be adorning it would be GOLD, cos there is no way that he would let Smug beat him again in his own backyard. 

AK400 if you are British then you are a disgrace – we should all be supporting our home athletes at these games despite ATP favourites – if you would prefer to see the Swiss flag raised as opposed to the Union Jack – hang your head in shame.  English, Scottish, Irish or Welsh they are Team GB – we should all be behind them.

Anyway who says that Smug is a shoe in for the final – I hope Delpo turns him over, and who exactly has Smug beaten on his run to the SF?

Come on Andy it is now officially MURRAY TIME, time for you to stake your claim and show the waiting world what we on MW have known for several years – you deserve your place at the top of the game, you play beautiful tennis, you are graceful and most of all genuinally humble and you now have more support than ever before.  Go for your dream and do it for yourself and for your country. We are all behind you (well 99% of us!!)

(P.S. Come on Delpo)
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #93 on: August 03, 2012, 12:19 PM »

ak is mildly entertaining to me due to the ridiculous posts.
Don't let this poster get under your skin, folks.. that's pure oxygen. If you feel strongly about it, notify our mods.
I'm off to watch the match.
It's time DelPo had a win over Fed. Maybe today's the day.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #94 on: August 03, 2012, 12:22 PM »

If Andy get’s through today then it would not be a silver medal he would be adorning it would be GOLD, cos there is no way that he would let Smug beat him again in his own backyard. 

AK400 if you are British then you are a disgrace – we should all be supporting our home athletes at these games despite ATP favourites – if you would prefer to see the Swiss flag raised as opposed to the Union Jack – hang your head in shame.  English, Scottish, Irish or Welsh they are Team GB – we should all be behind them.

Anyway who says that Smug is a shoe in for the final – I hope Delpo turns him over, and who exactly has Smug beaten on his run to the SF?

Come on Andy it is now officially MURRAY TIME, time for you to stake your claim and show the waiting world what we on MW have known for several years – you deserve your place at the top of the game, you play beautiful tennis, you are graceful and most of all genuinally humble and you now have more support than ever before.  Go for your dream and do it for yourself and for your country. We are all behind you (well 99% of us!!)

(P.S. Come on Delpo)

Look I live in the UK now but am not British! So I will support my favourite player just as you guys are here too!

Hopefully Murray plays as he has been his first serve could be tough even for a great returner like Novak should be an amazing encounter.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #95 on: August 03, 2012, 12:22 PM »

Well Del Potro is playing into form now, it might finally be time for him to make a statement after his long recovery from injury.
Either way don't be too sure Roger is winning gold. Despite his fraudulent cakewalk draw, both Novak and Andy have spent less time oncourt than they might have & shall be ready for Roger.

Like the both were at the championships?
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #96 on: August 03, 2012, 12:28 PM »

Dkjokovic was i'll and not at his best.
Murray was yet again nervous, & yet better than before so maybe when a slam is not a stake and hes going to win a medal anyway he'll be relaxed & ready.
We shall see won't we.
Because if he is, he will beat Roger of that i have no doubt.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #97 on: August 03, 2012, 12:31 PM »

Look I live in the UK now but am not British! So I will support my favourite player just as you guys are here too!

Hopefully Murray plays as he has been his first serve could be tough even for a great returner like Novak should be an amazing encounter.
yes the difference is that this is an Andy Murray fan website so if he's not your favourite player just keep quiet ok?
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #98 on: August 03, 2012, 12:39 PM »

It's funny how Djokovic's path is seen as the "toughest", purely because he struggled against Hewitt. Had Andy had that draw and breezed past them like he has his opponents, now they wouldn't be calling it a tough draw would they?

Wawrinka and Baghdatis are far tougher opponents than Roddick and Hewitt, sorry.

Tsonga was a bigger test but let's be honest, he was knackered.

Djokovic's draw was nowhere near as tough as some make out, he just made it look harder than it was.
yep exactly.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #99 on: August 03, 2012, 12:50 PM »

Dkjokovic was i'll and not at his best.
Murray was yet again nervous, & yet better than before so maybe when a slam is not a stake and hes going to win a medal anyway he'll be relaxed & ready.
We shall see won't we.
Because if he is, he will beat Roger of that i have no doubt.

Djokovic may not have been at his best but a lot of that had to do with Federer's amazing play Roger is still clearly the better of those two on grass!

Nerves aren't much of an excuse for Murray seeing as he won the 1st set and was competitive in set 2! The problem for him was Roger raised his level to a level that Murray could not handle it was unfortunate for him.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #100 on: August 03, 2012, 12:52 PM »

Djokovic may not have been at his best but a lot of that had to do with Federer's amazing play Roger is still clearly the better of those two on grass!

Nerves aren't much of an excuse for Murray seeing as he won the 1st set and was competitive in set 2! The problem for him was Roger raised his level to a level that Murray could not handle it was unfortunate for him.

Based on one match? Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #101 on: August 03, 2012, 12:55 PM »

No the problem was the roof came into play and Murray failed to adjust.
he was also still tentative in the 2nd set when he could have went up a double break.
The roof sealed the deal.
It wasn't just nerves but also being less experienced and also unlike federer Murray had an extremely challenging draw so mental fatigue will probably have been the final nail.
None of these issues, despite the ITF's best attempts should come into play again,at least not as much weather permitting.
Although Andy had a better handle on his nerves, which given the occasion was admirable, he was still definitely nervous.
Anyway whoever wins in the final wins, fair and square.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #102 on: August 03, 2012, 12:58 PM »

Newsflash to ak.
I'm watching the match.. Delpo leading 5-3.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #103 on: August 03, 2012, 12:59 PM »

Delpo is serving for the set.
See any pigs starting to grow wings AK400?
Great set from Delpo, looks like he is back.
[ Last edit by theycanbillme August 03, 2012, 01:02 PM ] IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #104 on: August 03, 2012, 12:59 PM »

Delpo just broke to serve for 1st set shocking But yay I like JMDP and would love to see him back up at no.5 in the world (but no higher till Fed is out of there) Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 53 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »