Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 53 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic  (Read 9771 times)
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « on: August 02, 2012, 03:53 PM »

Andy Murray will play Novak Djokovic in the semi finals of the Olympic Tennis. Both players had straight sets wins over their opponents in the Q-F.

This is apparently the first time these two will have played on grass? Should be a great match
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 03:55 PM »

Wow you were quick on the uptake of this one. The match only finished about 10 minutes ago!

It'll be their first competitive match on grass, although they did play each other at Boodles about a month ago, with Novak winning 6-4, 6-4. Andy wasn't taking it at all seriously though, whilst Nole seemed quite competitive.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 03:56 PM »

This will be very interesting to watch!
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 04:01 PM »

Wow you were quick on the uptake of this one. The match only finished about 10 minutes ago!

It'll be their first competitive match on grass, although they did play each other at Boodles about a month ago, with Novak winning 6-4, 6-4. Andy wasn't taking it at all seriously though, whilst Nole seemed quite competitive.

Watched the end and thought might as well get the ball rolling, leave the H2H for Bevc though Smile
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 04:08 PM »

Interesting yes, Mark but is this where Andy's Olympic quest for a gold medal ends? I would love him to beat Novak but I'm not optimistic. His chances against Tsonga would have been much greater but then I couldn't see Jo Wilfred beating Novak either and he didn't. I'm just a pessimist I suppose but it will be compelling watching and I wouldn't miss it for the world.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 04:13 PM »

My Avatar signature is smiling. Smile
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 04:13 PM »

Watched the end and thought might as well get the ball rolling, leave the H2H for Bevc though Smile
Well done Hazel - such an important match - wonder where and when it will be tomorrow.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 04:16 PM »

I will finally be able to have a break from reporting - Nigel's turn tomorrow.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 04:17 PM »

if Andy does lose. He has to play Delpo or Kei to win the bronze ? right?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 04:23 PM »

Nah winner of DelPo/Nishi take on Federer/Isner, and loser of that match will play loser of Andy/Novak for bronze.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 04:23 PM »

Djokovic in 3.

Should be a cracker of a match though.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 04:27 PM »

So Andy will defo not got a medal if he loses tomorrow.  ?  Frown  That's so unfair.  and bloody fed  gets a cream cup draw.   Kei/ Delpo   What a JOKE!

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 04:28 PM »

So Andy will defo not got a medal if he loses tomorrow.  ?  Frown  That's so unfair.  and bloody fed  gets a cream cup draw.   Kei/ Delpo   What a JOKE!

Think you've mis-read me mate - loser of Andy's match will go into the bronze play-off against the loser of the other SF.

Two QFs played (Andy and Novak through), two still to be completed (Kei/DelPo and Fed/Isner). The winners of the two matches still to be completed will meet in the SFs (most likely Federer and DelPo). And the loser of Federer/DelPo (presumably) plays Novak/Andy for bronze, whilst the winners go for gold.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 04:29 PM »

Think you've mis-read me mate - loser of Andy's match will go into the bronze play-off against the loser of the other SF.

oh right.  thanks !!  I thought it was that in the first place hahaha.  I'm calm now
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 04:29 PM »

This will be very interesting to watch!
It will be interesting, but will it be nice-interesting or not-nice interesting, that is the question?

It would be so good if Andy could beat the "unbeatables" in the big matches.
 cmon GB
cmonandy
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 53 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »