Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 53 Go Down Reply
Author

Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic

(Read 11905 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 05:29 PM »

Hi All,

Okay people, time for me to inject some positivity here. Andy can do this. Remember Dubai, the semi's, the one he wasn't supposed to win and according to the 'experts' wasn't going to? Guess what, he only went and won, beating Djokovic in straight sets. Now sure, that was on hard, and yes, before you remind me, he went on to lose to Smugfed in the final, but he beat Djokovic convincingly, and it was only in February, when Djokovic was far less up and down than it has been at this Olympics.

I think this one will be fascinating, what with it being their first meeting on grass. To my mind that sort of levels the playing field somewhat. I personally don't think Djokovic is better on grass than Murray, and I don't care if he has won Wimbledon - well, when I say I don't care...oh, you know what I mean lol.

I'm not suggesting it will be easy, I'd expect a tight match, but I'm hopeful. Murray in 3, roared on by a crowd of normal people. cmon yeah

cmon GB cmonandy
IP Logged
Ivelina

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 05:29 PM »

if Andy does lose. He has to play Delpo or Kei to win the bronze ? right?
You shouldn't think about losing now. cmon GB
I don't like Nole and thankfully he doesn't seem to be in best condition now.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 05:35 PM »

I will finally be able to have a break from reporting - Nigel's turn tomorrow.
That should make interesting reading. Think
It may be too torturous for him to watch an Olympic tennis match. Very Happy

Edit sp.
[ Last edit by scotnadian August 02, 2012, 05:52 PM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #18 on: August 02, 2012, 05:44 PM »

What's with the negativity? naughty Of course Andy could win. clapping yahooo
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #19 on: August 02, 2012, 06:23 PM »

Team GB have won the first set in Mixed Dbls.  Well done Robson and Murray!  clap
 cmon GB
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 06:28 PM »

Just went down to the oven on, come back up and now see that GB are 2-0 up in the 2nd. Come on.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 07:00 PM »

Team GB 5 all now in 2nd. But the support is fantastic from the crowd and they are playing well especially little Laura. She and Andy make a lovely pair.  Smile
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #22 on: August 02, 2012, 07:08 PM »

I want the GB shirt that Laura is wearing!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #23 on: August 02, 2012, 07:33 PM »

They just went and blo**dy won!  YES THEY DID!!!!!

Congratulations to Laura and Andy. She held her nerve.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #24 on: August 02, 2012, 07:58 PM »

the match is 3rd on centre and then his dubs match is 4th on court 1 which opens up the possibility of him having to move straight from one to the other - they cannot be serious!
But perhaps Andy wanted a later start after this evening and he knows he would only have to play dubs saturday if anything or is fed calling the shots once more?
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #25 on: August 02, 2012, 08:04 PM »

Yes it's been a great day for Andy/Laura and Andy!!!

Andy can do this, beat Joker, he's been playing really good tennis and his serve percentages have been good and he's made some great returns.  So we gotta have the faith and send him great vibes folks!!

Cmon Andy you can do this!!  Go Fight Win....beat Djokovic!!!
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #26 on: August 02, 2012, 08:04 PM »

I think Andy will win in 2. I honestly cant see the Joker winning tomorrow.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #27 on: August 02, 2012, 08:19 PM »

I think 3 sets but on the form Nole's been showing I've got more belief that Andy can beat him tomorrow- however, there's a reason Nole has beaten him in 2 GS finals in the last year so you can never tell.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #28 on: August 02, 2012, 08:21 PM »

Andy and Nole are very closely matched, hence the close H2H: Murray moves better on grass, is a deft volleyer and will have the crowd; Nole has more variety/consistent power on the forehand, a more effective second serve (though not vastly anymore) and plays big points well (except he has been choking while serving out sets). Murray might have a slight edge in 3 setters, as it doesn't allow Nole his common dips in form. Both are fabulous returners. It may come down to who protects their serve better then? But very very hard to pick imo. It's 50-50. 
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #29 on: August 02, 2012, 08:32 PM »

Andy has the added benefit of confidence just now and hopefully a "people's crowd" that will totally get behind him.  Would just so love him to beat Djoko and have the comfort of a guaranteed medal, he has been playing some awesome tennis, again, he has had the toughest draw but come through it, this time he deserves to benefit.  Come on Andy.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 53 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »