Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 53 Go Down Reply
Author

Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic

(Read 11991 times)
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #45 on: August 02, 2012, 09:56 PM »

The atmosphere tomorrow will be much better than the Wimbledon final. That is a certainty. Id go as far to say it will be the best atmosphere he's played in.

Hope so, the crowd have been brilliant this week - so supportive. Smile

Usually Andy has beaten Nole on the quicker surfaces they've played on, so hopefully this will be the case again tomorrow. They should both be ultra-motivated for this so expecting a close and competitive match.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #46 on: August 02, 2012, 10:28 PM »

How stupid is the OOP for tomorrow? Andy's singles third on Centre, doubles fourth on Court 1.  He'll probably still be playing singles when his doubles is due to start!

So does that mean Laura will be playing on her own until Andy finishes his match? This could be farcical with Andy joining in halfway through the match. Crazy scheduling.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #47 on: August 02, 2012, 10:36 PM »

Yes it's been a great day for Andy/Laura and Andy!!!

Andy can do this, beat Joker, he's been playing really good tennis and his serve percentages have been good and he's made some great returns.  So we gotta have the faith and send him great vibes folks!!

Cmon Andy you can do this!!  Go Fight Win....beat Djokovic!!!
It is absolutely do-able Apollo. Too right. 

Hope your husband is getting better.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #48 on: August 02, 2012, 10:38 PM »

I think Andy will win in 2. I honestly cant see the Joker winning tomorrow.
hug Love your opitmism.  Hope it comes true.  We will have faith.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #49 on: August 02, 2012, 10:42 PM »

Andy and Nole are very closely matched, hence the close H2H: Murray moves better on grass, is a deft volleyer and will have the crowd; Nole has more variety/consistent power on the forehand, a more effective second serve (though not vastly anymore) and plays big points well (except he has been choking while serving out sets). Murray might have a slight edge in 3 setters, as it doesn't allow Nole his common dips in form. Both are fabulous returners. It may come down to who protects their serve better then? But very very hard to pick imo. It's 50-50. 
Excellent summary and comparison, Janetx.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #50 on: August 02, 2012, 10:48 PM »

Lashurst:  Husbands pneumonia is getting better thanks for asking.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #51 on: August 02, 2012, 11:25 PM »

It all depends on how Andy plays, and more importantly, starts. I think. Djokovic does seem to raise his game against the top guys but both Federer and Nadal were able to re-exert their dominance over him in recent encounter and Andy has to do the same. Show he's not going to get frustrated, take it to Djokovic. If he goes behind, struggles to find his rhythm and starts getting frustrated, he will lose.

That's not to say he has to win the first set, but if he allows Djokovic to get on top it'll be a lot harder to find his rhythm and turn the match around. Not impossible, but harder.

He can do it, he just has to believe he can do it.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #52 on: August 02, 2012, 11:37 PM »

It should go to three sets tomorrow, if it does there has to be an hour and a half between the finish of the singles match for the same player to play in a doubles........... so the doubles may be postponed to Saturday.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #53 on: August 02, 2012, 11:38 PM »

Djokovic must have benefitted from Tsonga being tired after that 25-23 set he played versus Raonic. To be honest that was equivalent to about a six-setter and then Tsonga had a match the next day. So he was never going to beat the Joker. Im confident Any can hand out a tennis lesson tomorrow. He should stroll onto the court dressed as Batman!
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #54 on: August 02, 2012, 11:48 PM »

Djokovic must have benefitted from Tsonga being tired after that 25-23 set he played versus Raonic. To be honest that was equivalent to about a six-setter and then Tsonga had a match the next day. So he was never going to beat the Joker. Im confident Any can hand out a tennis lesson tomorrow. He should stroll onto the court dressed as Batman!

Super
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #55 on: August 03, 2012, 12:00 AM »

I'm confused as ever!

Would someone please advise me the following schedule. If Federer is first up on CC and Andy is third up. Whose match is in between? The official ITF site seems to indicate that AM vs ND follows immediately after RF vs JMdP. Or am I misreading the site?

Come on Andy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #56 on: August 03, 2012, 12:04 AM »

Azarenka vs Williams is in-between the two Men's semi-finals.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #57 on: August 03, 2012, 12:12 AM »

Centre Court Start: 12:00

Men's Singles - Semifinals - (1) Roger Federer (SUI) vs (8) Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG)
Women's Singles - Semifinals - (1) Victoria Azarenka (BLR) vs (4) Serena Williams (USA)   
Men's Singles - Semifinals - (3) Andy Murray (GBR) vs (2) Novak Djokovic (SRB)
Women's Doubles - Semifinals - (3) Nadia Petrova / Maria Kirilenko (RUS) vs Serena Williams / Venus Williams (USA)

IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #58 on: August 03, 2012, 12:30 AM »

Thank you lord,for giving me,the, chance to be the best i can.
I hope iv made you proud of me,as you've watched me grow and become a man.
Iv learnt so many lessons,some really hard to take,but they've only made me stronger,
and to never give in until i succeed. GOOD LUCK ANDY AND GOD BLESS AS ALWAYS
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #59 on: August 03, 2012, 01:08 AM »

Thank you lord,for giving me,the, chance to be the best i can.
I hope iv made you proud of me,as you've watched me grow and become a man.
Iv learnt so many lessons,some really hard to take,but they've only made me stronger,
and to never give in until i succeed. GOOD LUCK ANDY AND GOD BLESS AS ALWAYS
That is lovely Caroline.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 53 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »