Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 53 Go Down Reply
Author

Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic

(Read 13256 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #60 on: August 03, 2012, 01:23 AM »

60-40 Andy.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #61 on: August 03, 2012, 01:57 AM »

Watched the end and thought might as well get the ball rolling, leave the H2H for Bevc though Smile

Oh the pressure!  Hope you like it! devil

* Murray vs Djokovic 1.JPG (190.45 KB, 845x1401 - viewed 61 times.)
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #62 on: August 03, 2012, 02:02 AM »

Thanks Bev.. I'm off to bed soon.
ttu tomorrow.. or is it today?... confusing. Very Happy
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #63 on: August 03, 2012, 02:04 AM »

It will be my tomorrow when Andy plays tennis and your today confused
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #64 on: August 03, 2012, 02:37 AM »

Brilliant! Very Happy

The scheduling is a joke.  Given the earlier matches, I'll be surprised if this match starts before 4 pm, also the weather forecast is for light rain/intermittent showers during the afternoon, so there could be rain delays.

As for the match - Andy is desperate to win a medal for GB.  Djokovic is desperate to improve on his bronze in Beijing for Serbia.  Andy will get great crowd support which should lift him.  Djokovic says he won't be fazed by playing in front of such a partisan crowd.  The only common ground (literally) is that it's the first time they've played each other on grass in a serious tournament.

Taking this, and the comments in the various posts, into account, I'd say this match has the potential to go either way, but Andy has to actually BELIEVE he can win it.  Wanting to do so is one thing, believing he can do it is quite another.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #65 on: August 03, 2012, 06:10 AM »

Morning (here) Bev. Just had to check out your H2H before I went to work!

Good job done as usual.

You shoud be given an offical position on the MW TEAM as the Cheif of Head to Heads
 hug
Catch you later Smile
 cmonandy
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #66 on: August 03, 2012, 07:44 AM »

No title there yet Linda lol
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #67 on: August 03, 2012, 08:22 AM »

Aileen @ 1.57am: I am totally confident that Andy believes he can win this.  He has already beaten Nole in a 3 set match this year and he's beaten him in high profile matches in the past.  Nole is not the invincible player he was last year and dare I say it I think Andy is playing some of the best tennis of his life.  Of course it could go either way but I don't think the deciding factor will be Andy's belief especially with the huge support he's getting daily from the crowd.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #68 on: August 03, 2012, 08:39 AM »

Aileen @ 1.57am: I am totally confident that Andy believes he can win this.  He has already beaten Nole in a 3 set match this year and he's beaten him in high profile matches in the past.  Nole is not the invincible player he was last year and dare I say it I think Andy is playing some of the best tennis of his life.  Of course it could go either way but I don't think the deciding factor will be Andy's belief especially with the huge support he's getting daily from the crowd.
Totally agree with you Ruthie, my sentiments exactly.
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #69 on: August 03, 2012, 09:00 AM »

the match is 3rd on centre and then his dubs match is 4th on court 1 which opens up the possibility of him having to move straight from one to the other - they cannot be serious!
But perhaps Andy wanted a later start after this evening and he knows he would only have to play dubs saturday if anything or is fed calling the shots once more?
  I totally agree  I'm praying that Andy wins in 2 sets v Djokovic and the rain postpones the mixed doubles till tomorrow
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #70 on: August 03, 2012, 09:44 AM »

It's the old dilemma, we know he can beat NJ as does Mr M. It's whether he actually believes it. Things in favour are the fact he is better in 3 set matches, which they say favour the officially weaker player, the crowd, which are going to be far more one sided than usual at Wimbledon. The normal W lot don't cheer loudly when the non favoured player loses a point, and the fact he has already done so much better than the last Olympics. Finally this one is not quite all or nothing, if he loses he still has a chance for a singles medal on Sunday - albeit a bronze. Then he is still in contention in the MD.
Personally I think it will simply come down to which Mr M strides onto the court today. If we get him firing on all cylinders I think he will run away with it. If we get the sullen out of sorts Murray, he will be in the bronze medal playoff on Sunday. The Murray that handed out the bagal to Nadal last year, regardless of their respective rankings is the one who can claim victory today. Apologies for the complete lack of grammar in this post...!!!
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #71 on: August 03, 2012, 10:00 AM »

Novak Djokovic (SRB) [2] v Andy Murray (GBR) [3]: Having enjoyed a relatively comfortable path to the semis – he hasn’t played anyone yet ranked in the top 10 – Murray will have to step it up a gear today if he is to spring the upset on the Serb. Djokovic has endured the toughest path of the four semi-finalists – beating Tsonga, Hewitt and Roddick in his last three matches but will be keen to surpass his bronze-medal showing from Beijing four years ago. Expect raucous support for the Brit to play a part.
Pick: Muzz to send the home crowd wild with a marathon three-set win. (from official Wimbledon website)
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #72 on: August 03, 2012, 10:52 AM »

It's funny how Djokovic's path is seen as the "toughest", purely because he struggled against Hewitt. Had Andy had that draw and breezed past them like he has his opponents, now they wouldn't be calling it a tough draw would they?

Wawrinka and Baghdatis are far tougher opponents than Roddick and Hewitt, sorry.

Tsonga was a bigger test but let's be honest, he was knackered.

Djokovic's draw was nowhere near as tough as some make out, he just made it look harder than it was.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #73 on: August 03, 2012, 11:06 AM »

Djokovic is a big favourite of course but Murray is in the form of his life on grass! Roger managed to beat both recently at Wimbledon personally I hope Murray wins today so we can get another Roger v Murray final :-)
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Olympic 2012 Semi-final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic « Reply #74 on: August 03, 2012, 11:12 AM »

Djokovic is a big favourite of course but Murray is in the form of his life on grass! Roger managed to beat both recently at Wimbledon personally I hope Murray wins today so we can get another Roger v Murray final :-)

Bullsh*t that he is a "big favourite". Honestly AK400 youre not showing yourself to be too knowledgeable about the situation if you make such a claim.
Novak could definitely win Today. Like most Serbs he is fiercely nationalistic and that to me gives him an edge, but the crowd should lift Andy.
Andy has also been playing better at least so far. In fact both have been playing considerably better than Roger despite the ease of his draw.
I think its 50-50 with the first set being crucial.
[ Last edit by theycanbillme August 03, 2012, 11:27 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 53 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »