Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Andrey Kuznetsov, Saturday, Estimated time - 5:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 ... 81 Go Down Reply
Author

Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer

(Read 19140 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1050 on: August 05, 2012, 05:03 PM »

Tim Henman makes a 'WOooooo' sound when Murray fires home the finishing ace, hahaha.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1051 on: August 05, 2012, 05:03 PM »

You know the best thing? After being stopped by Federer three times, he's finally done something Federer hasn't and probably won't do: won a singles gold medal.

Take that, you big nosed *******.

Exactly.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1052 on: August 05, 2012, 05:05 PM »

If this does not shut up all the doubters I don't know what will. Andy was brilliant today. He kept calm and played a great game. Mr Smug looked so desolate and I am glad about that maybe it will knock a little of the arrogance out of him (even for a short while). So so proud of Andy he kept calm even when getting his medal now on to the mixed doubles It would be great if he did but do not want to get too greedy but I hope he and Lora can. VERY WELL DONE ANDY SO SO PROUD OF YOU.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1053 on: August 05, 2012, 05:06 PM »

highfive

Highfive indeed mate.  How long had we been waiting for this?
IP Logged
Earmuffs
Challenger Level

I have been temperate always

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1054 on: August 05, 2012, 05:06 PM »

People keep on saying that it's not a Grand Slam, but so what? It's the flipping Olympics. EVERY athlete wants a shiny gold medal. That's a lot of prestige for the rest of Andy's life, right there.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1055 on: August 05, 2012, 05:07 PM »

Highfive indeed mate.  How long had we been waiting for this?
Innit, bru.

Now time for a quick tennis match to refresh myself. See you all for his second gold.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1056 on: August 05, 2012, 05:09 PM »

What a match so pleased, elated that Andy has the gold medal, and that he really smashed FED in three sets. I cried, I shouted  and I'm still on a high.
IP Logged
gee666
Satellite Level

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1057 on: August 05, 2012, 05:10 PM »

Go On Muzza

Avoided this site like the plague given my jinxing of it by lurking at Wimbledon, but that was one heck of a performance , allways knew he could do it , beat the best in 5 in a final, , now onwards to America
IP Logged
mumbler

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1058 on: August 05, 2012, 05:11 PM »

Those missing the stats  - see ITF.com

http://live.itftennis.com/livescores.aspx?lang=EN

a crushing performance!!

Thanks. Wanted to see the 2nd serve percentage. 1st serve in percentage lower than Fed but higher win percentage with an impressive 80%. The 98% second serve, with 63% points won on it was what got him out of those tight spots though. This is much less of a weakness in his game for opponents to exploit than it was. If the Lendl effect can keep building like this into the hard court season then surely a slam is in the offing?  pray  pray
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1059 on: August 05, 2012, 05:15 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/live-video/p00w314t

Ask Mark on how to get a proxy and pretend you are from the UK to view the site
I tried to open the link on daveveproxy.co.uk but it didnt connect. Frown
IP Logged
gee666
Satellite Level

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1060 on: August 05, 2012, 05:15 PM »

Murray will have 24 more chances to win a slam if he goes as long as Fed but only one more for a gold medal, now;how special is this moment
[ Last edit by gee666 August 05, 2012, 05:25 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1061 on: August 05, 2012, 05:16 PM »

yay  yay

Great ceremony. Andy showing himself to be a truly humble winner - unlike mr fed.

The one stat that hasn't been shown at the end of any olympic matches is the second serve percentage. I think the improvement in Andy's has been really key too. He played some blinders in this match when the chips were down.

Hoping for double gold now.

Federer - Murray

Points won on 2nd serve: 37% - 63%
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1062 on: August 05, 2012, 05:19 PM »

So Andy is 2 all against Nole this year and vs Federer, it's still 2-1. Fed got Dubai and Wimbledon on Andy. The HC season will probably bring a few more wins for Andy over these two but especially over Federer. Would love for Andy to win both USO and WTF. Has yet to play Nadal this year. 
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1063 on: August 05, 2012, 05:22 PM »

yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay

Hi All,

IS EVERYBODY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy Murray has arrived, absolutely, totally and utterly official!

What an incredible performance today from our Olympic Champion, he refused to be beaten! clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

I do want to see the stats, I bet they'll make great reading. From looking at the match though, the only area where Mr. Perfectionist Murray could pick on himself was his first serve percentage I think, but I don't recall Smugfed's being that great either, and Andy still won, so who cares!!!!

I take back (for now) anything negative about Tim Henman and Andrew Castle. They were both right there with Andy today, playing points with him at times, which arguably was slightly biased, but ruddy marvellous, and very funny!

I am just so thrilled and delighted for Andy. As I said earlier, there aren't huge ranking points, or big money, but this is something else. Andy will never, ever have to give that Gold medal back, it is his forever, as is the title of Olympic Men's Singles Champion 2012!

I'm telling you now, Andy has opened the door and barged right through. There is more to come, I'd bet my life on it! This will surely give him real belief now, that he can beat 'the best' over five sets in big match situations. It's just marvellous, wonderful!

I watched the match on one of the extra BBC tennis channels. Was Sue Barker on 3? If she was I recorded that. I'd like to see Andy hugging Tim. At the moment I feel like hugging everyone!

Andy did so well during the match and during the medals ceremony to keep his emotions in check. I'm sure he is conscious of the Mixed Doubles Final coming up. Wouldn't a double Gold be awesome? We'll see, but oh, I'd so love it!

I can't believe Del Potro won the bronze, that really surprised me. I saw part of that before the rain interrupted. Well I never!

Huge, huge congratulations to Andy, and good luck to Andy and Laura for the Mixed Doubles!

cmon GB cmon GB cmon GB cmon GB cmon GB cmon GB cmon GB cmon GB cmon GB cmon GB
IP Logged
mumbler

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1064 on: August 05, 2012, 05:23 PM »

Federer - Murray

Points won on 2nd serve: 37% - 63%

Cheers!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 ... 81 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »