Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 81 Go Down Reply
Author

Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer

(Read 19513 times)
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1065 on: August 05, 2012, 05:25 PM »

Innit, bru.

Now time for a quick tennis match to refresh myself. See you all for his second gold.

Ha. I ran my victory lap already across the street.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1066 on: August 05, 2012, 05:26 PM »

Polls are very straight forward. Am looking for a bit more input than that. I believe there are one too many things that will favour Andy tomorrow. For instance,

- the crowd (undoubtedly)
- less pressure (not a Slam final)
- experience of playing in a much bigger stage already (Wimby final)
- confidence (I do get the feeling he's booming with confidence)
- finally, his opponent (Federer may just be a bit too mentally exhausted after the semi but more importantly, he'll be nervous)

The only thing that can go against him is the weather but I am even positive about that as I don't feel that will be a factor this time. He knows what he did wrong last time so he won't repeat his mistakes.

Andy's serves will be the most crucial aspects of this match. If he's feeling confident, then he will continue to serve bombs. Andy looks relaxed and happy and that means he's feeling confident. He'll be aggressive no doubt and won't wait for Federer to make mistakes. In other words, he'll be pro-active. 70-30 Andy.

Do you mind if I take credit for my prediction for this match like Sir Panda? Thanks. :p
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1067 on: August 05, 2012, 05:27 PM »

Teejay - I agree with every feeling you express here.  Should point out though that Andy wins 720 ranking points for that - not to be sneezed at!

Andy and Laura have just entered center court for their MD match. I hope they win, but if they can't (and they must be underdogs) I'll settle gladly adn cheerfully for what we have!
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1068 on: August 05, 2012, 05:35 PM »

Still amazed but not amazed at the same time. The signs were there in the semi, the hunger finally outweighed the nerves. Things finally fell into place for him, from that nice Mr Darcis, dealing with Berdych for him and getting the bogie man out of the way, to the ITF giving him a Mixed Doubles place to distract him. Plus Del P helping to knacker Pillock Fed.  At the moment I don't give a toss about the MD, they have both got silvers. I hope he enjoys it. I also think that nobody can really doubt he has just won the 5th GS.  If it looks like a GS, behaves like a GS, and is run like one, for all practical purposes it is one.  The actual one is just round the corner.  What has changed is he now believes he can do it. What this will do for his confidence is going to brilliant to watch. He is up with the big boys now, and no one, particularly him, can question his place now. He has got the medal to prove it , and cuddle.  I think the semi was the turning point. Neither NJ or Fed stood a chance, when his head got into the same zone as his playing ability.  Completely brill. 
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1069 on: August 05, 2012, 05:43 PM »

I'd make a case for it being AT LEAST as big as a slam.  There are 16 Slam events for every Olypic championship.  You are representing your country, not just yourself.  There's no prize money involved, just pure sporting kudos.

Even if Andy goes through his entire career now without ever winning a GS (and I think he's going to start gobbling them up now like a man possessed) then they'll have to add the phrase, "Olympic Champion" when they talk about him.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1070 on: August 05, 2012, 05:43 PM »

Blow-by-blow account here as it happened:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19084851

Makes great reading back. The guy seems far more glowing of Andy than I felt at the time, but I was just so worried because of his serve.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1071 on: August 05, 2012, 05:46 PM »

Am I missing the medal ceremony?? My TV isn't showing anything.
Help!
The same thing happened here. Tv just stopped at that critical set. I didn't know what happened. Go to nbcolympics.com and you can see the last point and the interview with Johnny Mac , there is also a place to see in slow motion the medal being placed around Andy's neck.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1072 on: August 05, 2012, 05:55 PM »

Doubles Andy/Laura up 4-1 first set
IP Logged
bes03_philippines
Satellite Level

game, set, match!

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1073 on: August 05, 2012, 05:59 PM »

Hi does anyone know a live streaming site for the MD? I tried the BBC link you gave but it's not available from where I am now Frown
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1074 on: August 05, 2012, 06:00 PM »

IP Logged
bes03_philippines
Satellite Level

game, set, match!

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1075 on: August 05, 2012, 06:10 PM »

Golden boy.

* london2012_AM gold.JPG (60.22 KB, 1009x581 - viewed 20 times.)
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1076 on: August 05, 2012, 06:12 PM »

^^ love it.
IP Logged
bes03_philippines
Satellite Level

game, set, match!

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1077 on: August 05, 2012, 06:15 PM »

I really envy you guys who have the opportunity to see Andy play live. GB is very lucky to have a player like him so enough with the Scottish/British talk okay Smile

Where can I find London 2012 Andy Murray merchandise, just the affordable ones? Something that could be sent via FedEx here in the Philippines.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1078 on: August 05, 2012, 06:50 PM »

Too bad but Laura and Andy played great. Gold and silver for Andy.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1079 on: August 05, 2012, 06:51 PM »

Wow is that really a stamp?  Would love to have one.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 81 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »