Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 81 Go Down Reply
Author

Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer

(Read 18308 times)
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #135 on: August 04, 2012, 02:04 PM »

Crikey - the mixed doubles quarter victory now means that he has TWO more MD matches to complete as well as the Men's Singles Final.  He hasn't set himself up for an easy weekend, has he? cmon yeah
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #136 on: August 04, 2012, 02:08 PM »

I went on to the Toronto site (Rogers Cup) Fed has withdrawn, they have Nole and Andy as top seeds, and Tsonga and Berdych as 3 and 4. So it looks as if Andy and Nole will be going to Canada.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #137 on: August 04, 2012, 02:58 PM »

Now Andy and Laura will be playing dubs 2morrow I might see them depending on which medal it is they're playing for .  Although I was one of those who thought it might be better if  they didn't win this morning [though when it came to it couldn't stop myself rooting for them as so unnatural not to] I did note that they were only on court for 1 hr 20mins in what was quite a tight match.  So I'm more relaxed now about Andy playing twice today  - just good practice sessions and will help keep his eye and rhthym in perhaps.  And as the dubs will be played after the singles tomorrow it won't matter too much if Andy is exhausted for the dubs.  And if he's won gold I'm sure the adrenalin will see him through just fine.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #138 on: August 04, 2012, 03:07 PM »

It's not uncommon to see a player come out of a singles final to play the doubles final a few hours later.

Andy's done it before in-fact, when he came off his demolition of Rafa to win the dubs with Jamie.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2011/10/40/Doubles-Sunday-Tokyo.aspx

That wasn't a five-setter mind and obviously the emotion will be a lot different but I'm sure he'll be focused, be it going for bronze or gold.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #139 on: August 04, 2012, 03:07 PM »

Andy Murray's a winner whatever the outcome tomorrow.If he wins tomorrow it's GOLD,if he's runner up its SILVER.So it's a win win situation either way.He beat Knovack,so i'll be be happy with whatever he win's from here on in.He's still got the mixed dubs with Laura so maybe a medal there,these are all postives as far as im concerned.Andy may well end up with a Silver medal here,but i'd much rather that if i went on to see him win the US Open this year,which i think he has a great chance of doing.But i will be keeping my fingers crossed for the GOLD for him thats for sure.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #140 on: August 04, 2012, 03:40 PM »

Crikey - the mixed doubles quarter victory now means that he has TWO more MD matches to complete as well as the Men's Singles Final.  He hasn't set himself up for an easy weekend, has he? cmon yeah
Not much time to walk the dogs either. Rusty will be mad!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #141 on: August 04, 2012, 03:45 PM »

Watching the medals ceremony just now I was already getting tears in my eyes at the thought of a medal being put round Andy's neck.  Lord knows what I'll be like tomorrow and in public too  w00t
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #142 on: August 04, 2012, 04:01 PM »

You cannot deny  that Andy has had a fantastic GC season.  Best grass court player by miles  - Fed only inches better.  No matter what happens its been fantastic amazing. incredible performance on the green stuff by Andy.  Very proud of him.  This is probably my ultimate high in his career.  I'm happy with any result.  A gold in any event would be a bonus  Smile
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #143 on: August 04, 2012, 05:30 PM »

Here is the url for the interview with McEnroe....
http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/tennis/interview-john-mcenroe-talks-to-andy-murray-after-his-semifinal-victory.html
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #144 on: August 04, 2012, 05:36 PM »

That was amazing, Andy and Laura. yay
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #145 on: August 04, 2012, 05:44 PM »

Well done to Murray and Robson well deserved will be tough if they get Miryni and Azarenka but you never know!

Murray has now ensures himself two silvers! Hopefully it will be one hold and one silver Wink
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #146 on: August 04, 2012, 05:46 PM »

Well done to Murray and Robson well deserved will be tough if they get Miryni and Azarenka but you never know!

If it's them in the final, I'm going to be so torn.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #147 on: August 04, 2012, 05:50 PM »

Murray has now ensures himself two silvers! Hopefully it will be one hold and one silver Wink

Why not 2 golds or if not 1 of each with a silver for Laura!!!!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #148 on: August 04, 2012, 05:58 PM »

You really are quite smug arent you , and for that reason im done here  ADIOS !!!

Let people have their opinion and don't let it bother you. Remember what's more important to you and why you were here in the first place. It's Andy, isn't it? So stick around and just communicate with those you feel most comfortable with.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #149 on: August 04, 2012, 06:02 PM »

Well that puts paid to those who felt Andy should have played with Heather Watson.  Andy and Laura are tailor-made for each other.  Well done both. yay

Crowd amazing again.   I hope Andy keeps this momentum going but his confidence must be pretty pumped up after this.  Hope the crowd will be as vocal tomorrow, although I feel there'll be a lot of Fed fans who'll still be supporting him regardless of the fact that he's not a Brit. Rolling Eyes

Weather forecast suggests tomorrow will be cloudy with light rain in the evening.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 81 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »