Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 81 Go Down Reply
Author

Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer

(Read 18440 times)
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #105 on: August 04, 2012, 08:59 AM »

Thanks Ruthie, felt a bit "got at" yesterday was just so pleased to see things coming together for Andy and wanted to be so positive after a brilliant performance from him that could well signal the breakthrough for our man!!  But hey as Andy always says "one match at a time" !!   Let's just hope that come tomorrow late afternoon he is standing on the top podium, cos he sure as heck deserves it as do we as there have been some mad "Murraycoaster" rides during the past few years !!  Will continue to try and be as positive as possible, can't help being this mad daft Murray Fan!!!!!  Come on Andy.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #106 on: August 04, 2012, 09:02 AM »

Bev I think this is describing what will happen over 2 courts - cc and 1.  When I applied for tickets it said that the men's bronze would be played on court 1.  But it's difficult to work out timings.  BBC TV seems to be putting the final at 2pm.
And MM please don't stop posting. Things seem to have got a bit out of hand over night.  But I often look to you for a more positive perspective when people are getting down on Andy which is not to say you watch through rose-tinted spectacles.   
I wonder if the fact that Fed so desperately wants gold as the one thing he doesn't have in singles will give Andy an advantage.  For Andy silver will itself be a huge achievement so he can just go for it and not worry about what a loss would mean.  I would so love to see Andy on the gold podium above smugfed.   cmon yeah cmon yeah

goodjob  Thanks Ruthie.  Just trying to gauge when I need to be up since it will be early Monday morning for me, and work Crying or Very sad

Just seen the beeb weather for the UK today and tomorrow - sunshine with some heavy showers for both days but don't seem to be prolonged showers.  Just need to keep that roof open yes
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #107 on: August 04, 2012, 09:03 AM »

Thanks Ruthie, felt a bit "got at" yesterday was just so pleased to see things coming together for Andy and wanted to be so positive after a brilliant performance from him that could well signal the breakthrough for our man!!  But hey as Andy always says "one match at a time" !!   Let's just hope that come tomorrow late afternoon he is standing on the top podium, cos he sure as heck deserves it as do we as there have been some mad "Murraycoaster" rides during the past few years !!  Will continue to try and be as positive as possible, can't help being this mad daft Murray Fan!!!!!  Come on Andy.

Nil desperandum MM Very Happy or Illegitimi non carborundum 

And that goes for you too Andy!

cmonandy cmon GB
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #108 on: August 04, 2012, 09:13 AM »

I think Im going to miss the match as I have had tickets for the basketball before the tournament started, i'd happily sell the tickets but can't let my friend down, i'm so gutted by this i'm sure i wont enjoy the BB now... Frown

I do think condtions are key to this match outdoors I'd favor Murray, indoors favor Fed. But i think the crowd will play a really big role in the match if they make it a Davis Cup type atmosphere it'll inspire Andy no-end. Should be a cracker i'm so jealous of you all :p

Wish andy all the best I'm sure he'll make us all proud again!
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #109 on: August 04, 2012, 09:41 AM »

Andy will certainly beat Fed when it really matters one day and I'm hoping that it's this Sunday. It's completely different from a slam final and I feel the support of the crowd is lifting Andy to quite a different level too. Fingers crossed
As winning The Davis Cup lifted Nole. Super
However, on a pragmatic level I'm hoping the roof will be open and Fed is suffering serious fatigue. Don't mind a little help. Whistle

Right on BBH  Good posting!

And also  cmonandy
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #110 on: August 04, 2012, 09:43 AM »

Federer in 5.
Nope Andy will win.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #111 on: August 04, 2012, 09:58 AM »

Oh God - that song makes me howl.  A friend of mine lost her son to a brain tumour when he was wee, and that was his favourite.  She's not really recovered.  There is something very wrong about losing a child - you should go before they do. 
That is so sad, you never get over that.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #112 on: August 04, 2012, 10:01 AM »

Look, I feel a bit guilty here if I have started it, yes I am an ardent Murray fan, but not one that is totally "Murrayed" I tend to try and be optimistic and not pessimistic and will support him through thick and thin but am objective enough to realise that he is in the top four but not No. 1 (yet).  However, today I was estatic at an amazing performance against possibly the soon to be re-instated No. 1 player.  This is a site to celebrate his success, finally he is coming of age and things appear to be clicking into place.  Perhaps, I was a bit over exhuberant in my postings earlier on, however, I have no problem with people posting to say they feel that Fed will win, he will be the favourite, he is No. 1 player in the world and has massive experience etc.  I don't like the guy but I  would not let that blind me to the fact that he will be installed as favourite.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that is the beauty of living in a democratic society, freedom of speech etc.  So roll on Sunday and I really hope Andy can prevail.

I really enjoy Murrays World as I thought it was somewhere that fellow Murray Fans could get together and discuss the success of Andy, however after tonight and some of the comments think I will have to be a bit more cautious in the future.

Anyway, good luck Andy, you totally deserve a crack at the Gold Medal, play like you did tonight and you will certainly be right up there.
Take no notice MM, we love your posts, and you should be able to say what ever you won't they do!!!!! Andy will win so that will shut them up.  yay
IP Logged
sickboy1888
Junior

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #113 on: August 04, 2012, 10:02 AM »

Look I am as big a AM fan as anyone else on here but all this lets lose the Mixed Doubles stuff is really getting on my wick. The Olympics is all about winning medals for yourself and also for the Team GB and if Andy can win 2 games of tennis (note: not even full tennis matches in length as only 2 sets played) today then he is in 2(count them folks) Gold Medal Matches tommrow.

If that was the case and he was to win 1 Gold and Silver tomorrow to be honest to me it wouldn’t matter what way round it happened. Imagine mind if he won 2 Gold’s at this Games. Apart from the Cyclists is any other British Athlete got a chance of this?

This goes beyond a normal tennis week for Andy where its all about Singles.

Does anyone else feel its more about medals than beating Fed this weekend.I persoanlly dont think todays games will have nay baring on tommorows matches.Only thing I think it could have a baring on is how he does in Canada next week
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #114 on: August 04, 2012, 10:08 AM »

3 grand slams finals v
Murray 3 won,
Won the last 3 matches including and this very venue not to mention he is the attacking player Murray more a counter puncher as Roger once said he decides who wins a match with him and Murray, Murray does not decide.
Arrogant *******, well Murray will wipe that smug smile of his face tomorrow .ps did Fed decide to loss the matches he has against Murray? Seems strange !!!!
IP Logged
Knights
Junior

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #115 on: August 04, 2012, 10:20 AM »

When would be the likely time of this starting?
IP Logged
starrieyed

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #116 on: August 04, 2012, 10:21 AM »

The outcome depends upon how Andy serves....in the Wimbeldon final his serve was why he lost that game. If he serves 60% or above he has more than a real chance. It was fabulous to see the Joks face at the end,,,,,no beating of chest....I would give my kingdom to see the Feds face if he looses.....but..'.I am Rodger Federer destiny says I will win Olympic gold'....Come on Andy take his destiny away. We all believe you can do it this time. 'Heaven knows it's got to be this time'.........what song folk?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #117 on: August 04, 2012, 10:23 AM »

ak400's posts are so yesterday yawn
Obviously not paying attention to how Andy is transforming his game Super

Song? Why "I'd walk 10 thousand miles to see Andy get a gold" will do for me...Wink
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #118 on: August 04, 2012, 10:44 AM »

Nice expressions on the H2H Bev.

Status: both have 8 wins. Even Stevens until tomorrow.  We are going to see a phenomenal match tomorrow.

Good luck Andy and Laura for todays matches. Tomorrow, I'll go for  Andy in 4 or possibly 5  

cmon GB
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Olympic Medal Match : Murray v Federer « Reply #119 on: August 04, 2012, 10:46 AM »

Please don't let the utterly ridiculous arguments on this thread stop you.  Clydey and Veronica don't appear very often on the tennis threads, so ignore them.  We're supposed to be discussing a tennis match, not having a knife-sticking competition.

yawn

Can you attempt to at least read the thread? I got jumped on for not being a Murray fan for not exclaiming "MURRAY IN 3!!!!!!!" I didn't start this bull****.

All your whining does is make me want to post more on tennis threads, so good on you.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 81 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »