Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 81 Go Down Reply
Author

Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer

(Read 20376 times)
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #165 on: August 04, 2012, 08:08 PM »

Watching the medals ceremony just now I was already getting tears in my eyes at the thought of a medal being put round Andy's neck.  Lord knows what I'll be like tomorrow and in public too  w00t
You'll be fine Ruthie and I wish I was with you but it's a long way from Devon and my armchair!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #166 on: August 04, 2012, 08:14 PM »

Murray said: "For me, both matches are very important. I'd love to win two golds, and I'd obviously prefer one gold to two silvers. It's very different preparation to what I'm used to and that's the beauty of this competition."
He added: "Winning a mixed doubles title at Wimbledon would be great but winning the singles title is obviously much, much bigger, whereas here it counts for exactly the same in the medal table.

I'd obviously love to beat Roger tomorrow as well but either match would be great to win and I'll give it my best in both."

Robson said: "It's been an amazing week. I'm super excited for tomorrow and I'm sure we're going to do well."
 "It's been a great decision. I've enjoyed the whole week and to be guaranteed a couple of medals going into the last day is excellent. I wasn't expecting that, maybe in one but certainly not two."
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #167 on: August 04, 2012, 08:31 PM »

It won't let me play Apollo , stupid iPad .
I too have an ipad and got very angry at all the things I could not play.  My grandson told me to download the app puffin, it's free and will play just about everything.....try that and see if that works.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #168 on: August 04, 2012, 08:46 PM »

Haven't seen much prediction here so far.
IP Logged
killieboyd
Satellite Level

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #169 on: August 04, 2012, 08:47 PM »

Off to Wimbledon 1st thing tomorrow, cant wait to be there for the final!
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #170 on: August 04, 2012, 08:47 PM »

I did not get to see the mixed doubles match, wish it were on youtube or somewhere.  Yesterdays match for some reason did not get DVR'd when all the others did, thank goodness I saw it on the computer.

So excited for tomorrow, wish Andy the very best of luck in both his matches.  Here is the highlights from yesterday.
http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/tennis/highlights-novak-djokovic-vs-andy-murray-semifinal.html
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #171 on: August 04, 2012, 08:47 PM »

I predicted and got myself in trouble. Very Happy

Perhaps a poll would be best?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #172 on: August 04, 2012, 09:03 PM »

I predicted and got myself in trouble. Very Happy

Perhaps a poll would be best?

Polls are very straight forward. Am looking for a bit more input than that. I believe there are one too many things that will favour Andy tomorrow. For instance,

- the crowd (undoubtedly)
- less pressure (not a Slam final)
- experience of playing in a much bigger stage already (Wimby final)
- confidence (I do get the feeling he's booming with confidence)
- finally, his opponent (Federer may just be a bit too mentally exhausted after the semi but more importantly, he'll be nervous)

The only thing that can go against him is the weather but I am even positive about that as I don't feel that will be a factor this time. He knows what he did wrong last time so he won't repeat his mistakes.

Andy's serves will be the most crucial aspects of this match. If he's feeling confident, then he will continue to serve bombs. Andy looks relaxed and happy and that means he's feeling confident. He'll be aggressive no doubt and won't wait for Federer to make mistakes. In other words, he'll be pro-active. 70-30 Andy.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #173 on: August 04, 2012, 10:46 PM »

If played outdoors I think Murray will win in 4, if played under the roof maybe Fed in 4....although if we get a Davis cup type atmosphere indoors Murray could sneak it in 5.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #174 on: August 04, 2012, 10:51 PM »

Might we see the first ever Wimbledon crowd which is over-whelmingly wishing for Federer to lose tomorrow?
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #175 on: August 04, 2012, 11:00 PM »

Might we see the first ever Wimbledon crowd which is over-whelmingly wishing for Federer to lose tomorrow?
Might? There's no might about it. The decibels will roof off, if its on, and what's more they'll be able to hear me shouting from Oslo.
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #176 on: August 04, 2012, 11:07 PM »

If everyone isn't totally behind Andy it will be a great shame, this is all about team GB: one nation, one flag, one dream - to be Olympic champion!

Both matches will be incredibly hard, but if we are honest the mixed is just a nice bonus really, although I am so happy for Laura, at her age it is a great experience, the kind that Andy had when he played that crucial davis cup doubles match all those years ago against Israel.

I think many things are in his favour tomorrow, the biggest thing which worries me is the best of five format.  I am sure with his confidence the crowd would pull him through best of three.

I think all other things being equal a raucous davis cup style crowd could really make the difference.  It could be one of those iconic moments tomorrow, two gold medals, the union jack rising proudly towards the early evening sky......we will see.

One more thing, Andy's relationship with the british public seems to have changed forever.  From the moment he took the mic on centre court and bore his emotions to the nation he has been embraced like never before.  British sporting lexicon has a new phrase which I have heard two or three times today in interviews...."not doing an Andy Murray"...or words to that effect.  The dour unlikeable Scotsman is now the passionate sportsman, bristling with talent and emotion.  The nation's love affair with Andy will be sealed forever tomorrow if he can even just win one of those gold medals, never mind two.

For the Andy fan though, I want him to beat Fed at Wimbledon, I want it bad.  When he said to Andy during the victory session "I am sure he will win AT LEAST one slam"...we all know what Federer meant, it was just the usual sarcastic arrogance we have come to expect.

Let's make it gold tomorrow Andy.....(x2)
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #177 on: August 04, 2012, 11:09 PM »

Off to Wimbledon 1st thing tomorrow, cant wait to be there for the final!
You lucky bug*er. So happy for you really Smile

Please think of us all at MW, that will be with Andy and you, in spirit if not in body!
IP Logged
killieboyd
Satellite Level

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #178 on: August 04, 2012, 11:13 PM »

You lucky bug*er. So happy for you really Smile

Please think of us all at MW, that will be with Andy and you, in spirit if not in body!
Will do, need to get some sleep, but on such a high after all of Team GB's results.  Think he will do it twice!
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #179 on: August 04, 2012, 11:15 PM »

If everyone isn't totally behind Andy it will be a great shame, this is all about team GB: one nation, one flag, one dream - to be Olympic champion!

Both matches will be incredibly hard, but if we are honest the mixed is just a nice bonus really, although I am so happy for Laura, at her age it is a great experience, the kind that Andy had when he played that crucial davis cup doubles match all those years ago against Israel.

I think many things are in his favour tomorrow, the biggest thing which worries me is the best of five format.  I am sure with his confidence the crowd would pull him through best of three.

I think all other things being equal a raucous davis cup style crowd could really make the difference.  It could be one of those iconic moments tomorrow, two gold medals, the union jack rising proudly towards the early evening sky......we will see.

One more thing, Andy's relationship with the british public seems to have changed forever.  From the moment he took the mic on centre court and bore his emotions to the nation he has been embraced like never before.  British sporting lexicon has a new phrase which I have heard two or three times today in interviews...."not doing an Andy Murray"...or words to that effect.  The dour unlikeable Scotsman is now the passionate sportsman, bristling with talent and emotion.  The nation's love affair with Andy will be sealed forever tomorrow if he can even just win one of those gold medals, never mind two.

For the Andy fan though, I want him to beat Fed at Wimbledon, I want it bad.  When he said to Andy during the victory session "I am sure he will win AT LEAST one slam"...we all know what Federer meant, it was just the usual sarcastic arrogance we have come to expect.

Let's make it gold tomorrow Andy.....(x2)

Good posting! Agree with everything, The GBP are starting to see what we've all known for years and Andy is really touched by it...would be just soo awesome if he can do it tommorow.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 81 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »