Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 ... 81 Go Down Reply
Author

Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer

(Read 20227 times)
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1110 on: August 05, 2012, 08:57 PM »

I never saw Jamie in Andys box today, did anyone else?
I hope not.... they happen to be brothers.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1111 on: August 05, 2012, 08:58 PM »

He posted on FB that he has been at all of Andy's matches just not in the player's box.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1112 on: August 05, 2012, 09:10 PM »

That stamp is brilliant
The stamp really is fantastic.  Being self employed, I use a lot, so 'Im going to buy 4 year's worth!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1113 on: August 05, 2012, 09:14 PM »

lmao
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1114 on: August 05, 2012, 09:14 PM »

Today has been a good day.  Not bad at all.
IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1115 on: August 05, 2012, 09:20 PM »

Been sucking lemons since the destruction of Federer.It hasn't worked I cannot get the smile off my face!I don't remember it exactly but there is a voice inside me that says that a tide in the affairs of man has just been taken at the flood. This is the start of the Age of Andy. No more tomorrow's man... this is your time, the pendulum has swung.Andy you were delighted and showed it but without overtly thanking your God or doing a Tarzan act.Restrained and could I say true to your nationality.Wow!!!!!!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1116 on: August 05, 2012, 09:21 PM »

And the award for best stereotypical comment from a Federer fan goes to.... TempDeb from Reddit.com/r/tennis

I don't know how this is going to come across, but I completely expected this. I had an inkling that Murray was going to win this the moment Federer beat del Potro. Because I honestly think something in Federer wanted Murray to win this.

Considering the amount of pressure Murray had in Wimbledon, and how Federer's career is already established. I honestly feel like it was Federer's match to throw, and he had more than enough reason to throw it, putting aside fixed matching in the background.

I know its a real insult to an athlete's integrity, but look at the way Fed played today.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1117 on: August 05, 2012, 09:23 PM »

"Andy Murray has the same number of Olympic Gold medals as Borg, McEnroe, Sampras, Federer, Nadal & Djokovic put together..."
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1118 on: August 05, 2012, 09:24 PM »

"Andy Murray has the same number of Olympic Gold medals as Borg, McEnroe, Sampras, Federer, Nadal & Djokovic put together..."
lol
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1119 on: August 05, 2012, 09:27 PM »

And the award for best stereotypical comment from a Federer fan goes to.... TempDeb from Reddit.com/r/tennis

I don't know how this is going to come across, but I completely expected this. I had an inkling that Murray was going to win this the moment Federer beat del Potro. Because I honestly think something in Federer wanted Murray to win this.

Considering the amount of pressure Murray had in Wimbledon, and how Federer's career is already established. I honestly feel like it was Federer's match to throw, and he had more than enough reason to throw it, putting aside fixed matching in the background.

I know its a real insult to an athlete's integrity, but look at the way Fed played today.

Someone questioned something similar on the football forum I'm on. He was shot down by tonnes of people though (the support for Murray has risen dramatically this week.. obviously representing GB has played it's part) and then admitted he doesn't follow tennis or understand it. There's a surprise.

Anyone who suggests that really need their heads checked.

Been a lot of people watching Murray this week who never normally watch him - the sort of people who only see Wimbledon, treat the "anti-English" thing as gospel and state their opinions like fact. And he's clearly gone up in their esteem after his performances. Maybe this "bottler" and "will never be good enough" nonsense will be done with once and for all.

Well, we can dream I guess.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1120 on: August 05, 2012, 09:28 PM »

OMG cannot believe i went to the Olympics and missed this literrally just got in I'm soo delighted he won and soo upset I missed it, A massive congrats to Andy and to all his fans...im so pleased for him, will re-watch the whole thing later. I'll get the tissues ready

So happy first Very Happy
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1121 on: August 05, 2012, 09:30 PM »

Been sucking lemons since the destruction of Federer.It hasn't worked I cannot get the smile off my face!I don't remember it exactly but there is a voice inside me that says that a tide in the affairs of man has just been taken at the flood. This is the start of the Age of Andy. No more tomorrow's man... this is your time, the pendulum has swung.Andy you were delighted and showed it but without overtly thanking your God or doing a Tarzan act.Restrained and could I say true to your nationality.Wow!!!!!!
Yes, I liked his celebration on court. Big hug to Team and family first and that huge, Tsonga like leap showed his exuberance.

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight, Im still in a state of euphoria. What a fix this is!!!

Just think how Andys team and family are feeling tonight, mum, dad, gran and grandad.
The team must be in seventh heaven after all the years of hard work with Andy.
They share the honour too.

IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1122 on: August 05, 2012, 09:31 PM »

Someone questioned something similar on the football forum I'm on. He was shot down by tonnes of people though (the support for Murray has risen dramatically this week.. obviously representing GB has played it's part) and then admitted he doesn't follow tennis or understand it. There's a surprise.

Anyone who suggests that really need their heads checked.

Been a lot of people watching Murray this week who never normally watch him - the sort of people who only see Wimbledon, treat the "anti-English" thing as gospel and state their opinions like fact. And he's clearly gone up in their esteem after his performances. Maybe this "bottler" and "will never be good enough" nonsense will be done with once and for all.

Well, we can dream I guess.

Had a good idea for a PR stunt he could have done. When the mixed final started, he should have come out with his medal on. He should then have found some kid in the crowd, hung it round his neck and asked him/her to look after it for a while while he played some tennis. That would have sealed the deal with the public.
IP Logged
starrieyed

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1123 on: August 05, 2012, 09:36 PM »

I had a 'big year malt' which I said I would only open when Andy gets a slam.....but in tennis terms now it is called the 'Golden' slam (somthing Fed wil NEVER have)...so I'm giving it a hammering.....for the U.S. open I will get another 'big year' malt....Quote from MCenroe....'Fed looked his age'.......I too deserve to get pissed....well done Andy!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1124 on: August 05, 2012, 09:46 PM »

It leaves me speechless.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 ... 81 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »