Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 Go Down Reply
Author

Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer

(Read 18080 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1185 on: August 07, 2012, 06:40 PM »

I'd love to see this match again. Anyone know if there's a video available online?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/live-video/p00w314t

Available to UK viewers but there is a way round that for those outside the UK..
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1186 on: August 07, 2012, 07:02 PM »

I love the "if" poem so appropriate at this time.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1187 on: August 11, 2012, 07:17 AM »

I have found, by accident, where we can see all the tennis matches for the Olympics.  BBC Olympic Schedule, then click on Sport, scroll down to Tennis and click on yellow square for the correct day. This should be a way for viewers outside the UK to see these.
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1188 on: August 11, 2012, 01:38 PM »

Thanks Tamila. A great place as I missed Andy's rounds prior to the SF

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/schedule-results/tennis
[ Last edit by Philip August 11, 2012, 02:20 PM ] IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1189 on: August 11, 2012, 01:54 PM »

Is there anybody who could give some of the highlights of John Mac's commentary on this match? I would have loved to have heard it. We had Tim H and Andrew C, who I am delighted to report lost any impartiality very early in the match, and were totally routing for, supporting, advising (even though he obviously couldn't hear), and were as ecstatic as us at his victory. P
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1190 on: August 11, 2012, 04:25 PM »

Is there anybody who could give some of the highlights of John Mac's commentary on this match? I would have loved to have heard it. We had Tim H and Andrew C, who I am delighted to report lost any impartiality very early in the match, and were totally routing for, supporting, advising (even though he obviously couldn't hear), and were as ecstatic as us at his victory. P

That's funny, I meant to ask that too. I would have loved to have heard McEnroe's commentary. I have to say Henman and Castle's total bias was brilliant, but Mac's take on it would be fun to know.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1191 on: August 11, 2012, 06:49 PM »

Hope they get a DVD out of all Andy's Olympic matches. Would br8 habit of a life-time and re-watch them  thumb up
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1192 on: August 11, 2012, 08:28 PM »

Hope they get a DVD out of all Andy's Olympic matches. Would br8 habit of a life-time and re-watch them  thumb up

I recorded the whole lot and have put them on DVD. I still watch the medal winning point and the aftermath with glee. Not to mention the look on Fed's face, which gives me great joy...!!!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1193 on: August 12, 2012, 07:09 AM »

^ Good for you Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1194 on: August 12, 2012, 03:59 PM »

I'd have loved to hear johnny mac's commentary too. 
While I think Henman is one of the most pedestrian comms around it was nice to hear him and Castle so behind Andy.  Loved the way that Castle said with something approaching awe something like 'I don't think Federer has won a game for about an hour'.  And then Tim's priceless ' Andy is forcing Federerer into unforced errors' though of course it's not the contradiction it sounds to the lay person.

Masaka you could get a little sideline going selling the dvds to MW members!
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1195 on: August 13, 2012, 04:13 PM »

I watched the whole match again on Saturday via iPlayer, and enjoyed it just as much as the first time, but without the Anxiety!!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1196 on: August 14, 2012, 07:30 AM »

I watched the whole match again on Saturday via iPlayer, and enjoyed it just as much as the first time, but without the Anxiety!!

Lol that's not a proper Andy Murray match then...Wink
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1197 on: August 14, 2012, 09:05 AM »

I am watching it again.  wooo.  haha  Very Happy  6th time  lol
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1198 on: August 14, 2012, 09:23 AM »

Lol that's not a proper Andy Murray match then...Wink

It's how I usually watch them. I like to know he has won, then I can sit back and enjoy the ride. Mind you I also read the last few pages of detective stories as well, so I know "who done it"..,!!!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Olympic Medal Match: Murray v Federer « Reply #1199 on: August 14, 2012, 10:28 AM »

I do that with books too, Masaka - my family thinks I'm nuts!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »