Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Andrey Kuznetsov, Saturday, Estimated time - 5:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympics 2012 QF: Andy Murray v Nicolas Almagro 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Reply
Author

Olympics 2012 QF: Andy Murray v Nicolas Almagro

(Read 4026 times)
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Olympics 2012 QF: Andy Murray v Nicolas Almagro « Reply #165 on: August 02, 2012, 01:36 PM »

Ranking points for the Olympics.  (I haven't seen this before, but apologies in advance if I'm duplicating someone else's post.)

ATP ranking points (singles only)

750     Gold medal
450     Silver medal
340     Bronze medal
270     Fourth place
135     Quarterfinals
70       Third round
35       Second round
5         First round

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012 QF: Andy Murray v Nicolas Almagro « Reply #166 on: August 02, 2012, 01:46 PM »

270 points up on Nadal, minimum. 200 points on Ferrer too. Only small margins though relative to his points tally, needs to reach the final and ideally win it for the points to become significant.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Olympics 2012 QF: Andy Murray v Nicolas Almagro « Reply #167 on: August 02, 2012, 01:49 PM »

Almagro was such a baby the whole time on that court. Better if he just retired than whine. Good thing Andy was a good distraction.

It's my birthday tomorrow. Is it too much to ask for that GOLD medal for our boy Andy for my birthday wish? Smile
I was my birthday yesterday and I loved the present I got from Andy. A win!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Olympics 2012 QF: Andy Murray v Nicolas Almagro « Reply #168 on: August 02, 2012, 01:50 PM »

Well played Andy, you star.  yay
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Olympics 2012 QF: Andy Murray v Nicolas Almagro « Reply #169 on: August 02, 2012, 01:57 PM »

Hi All,

I was coming on to join in the fun during the match, but then my niece popped in during her lunch break (why do people talk when they can see you are trying to watch something????), and what with one thing and another, I ended up glued to the screen.

Wow, that felt good today, and I was only watching it! clap clap clap clap clap clap

It made me smile when they said it was hard to assess how well Andy played because Almagro basically gave up early on. I suppose that is true, but I also think 81% first serves in for the match and 29 winners tells its own story. Andy Murray is a class act in lovely form. yay It also takes class to remain focused against an injured opponent, or an opponent who really shouldn't be a threat, and Andy was focused today, not taking silly risks or trying to be cute, just getting on with the job. clap

Physically Almagro was done and he didn't help himself mentally. Frustration is one thing, but getting ratty with the crowd was never going to help. That just made them back Andy all the more to my mind.

I thought Andy recovered so well from the net touching thing. He didn't really get in to it with the umpire either. I must admit to not having been sure at first, it didn't look clear to me at all. Still, it was done and dusted quickly.

I'm trying not to get too excited for Andy, but it is becoming tough! I'd love Tsonga to find a way through Djokovic, which could happen. Djokovic isn't looking his best, but then again he can turn it on when he needs to. That said, should Djokovic get past Tsonga I still like Andy's chances in the semi's. I would never rule Djokovic out, that would be daft, but I really think Andy can do it. He's beaten Djokovic before in the best of three format. In February in Dubai it was quite a convincing win, admittedly on a hard court, but still. The fact that the two have never met on the grass will be fascinating if the match happens.

I wonder if Isner is in the mood to take Smugfed out? I'd enjoy that on so many levels!

Anyway, that was fabulous today for now. Congrats Andy. Must remember the Mixed later!

cmon GB
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Olympics 2012 QF: Andy Murray v Nicolas Almagro « Reply #170 on: August 02, 2012, 02:30 PM »

Dreaming of last 4 men's singles:-

Federer vs Nishikori

Murray vs Tsonga
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012 QF: Andy Murray v Nicolas Almagro « Reply #171 on: August 02, 2012, 02:38 PM »

Can I just say teejay, that I really love reading your posts. Smile
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Olympics 2012 QF: Andy Murray v Nicolas Almagro « Reply #172 on: August 02, 2012, 02:39 PM »

thanks mickey pops reminding me of the points system. Can anyone tell me why Andy got no points at all for his first two matches?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012 QF: Andy Murray v Nicolas Almagro « Reply #173 on: August 02, 2012, 02:44 PM »

thanks mickey pops reminding me of the points system. Can anyone tell me why Andy got no points at all for his first two matches?
How do you mean?
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Olympics 2012 QF: Andy Murray v Nicolas Almagro « Reply #174 on: August 02, 2012, 02:51 PM »

??
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Olympics 2012 QF: Andy Murray v Nicolas Almagro « Reply #175 on: August 02, 2012, 03:05 PM »

Ranking points include the 4 slams, 8 x 1,000s and then the best 6 other tournaments - though Monte Carlo can be counted as one of these, and presumably Olympic too. His lowest was 90 for Barcelona, but now he's overtaken that with Olympics so Barcelona will go to non-countable. Does that make sense?

You're probably looking here http://live-tennis.eu/ where points are updated match by match?

[ Last edit by Elena August 02, 2012, 03:08 PM ] IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Olympics 2012 QF: Andy Murray v Nicolas Almagro « Reply #176 on: August 02, 2012, 03:12 PM »

Looks like the Tsonga v Djokovic match could go the distance- first set all Nole, so far the second all Jo-W Smile Neither playing their best at the same time
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Olympics 2012 QF: Andy Murray v Nicolas Almagro « Reply #177 on: August 02, 2012, 03:22 PM »

Ranking points include the 4 slams, 8 x 1,000s and then the best 6 other tournaments - though Monte Carlo can be counted as one of these, and presumably Olympic too. His lowest was 90 for Barcelona, but now he's overtaken that with Olympics so Barcelona will go to non-countable. Does that make sense?

You're probably looking here http://live-tennis.eu/ where points are updated match by match?
  Thanks I thought that as Murray went out in the first round in the last Olympics he would start gaining points right from the first match this time.

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012 QF: Andy Murray v Nicolas Almagro « Reply #178 on: August 02, 2012, 03:25 PM »

Ranking points are yearly, and as the last Olympics was in 2008, the points were removed in 2009. So  no-one is defending anything here.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Olympics 2012 QF: Andy Murray v Nicolas Almagro « Reply #179 on: August 02, 2012, 03:51 PM »

think Andy and Laura's match will be on about 5ish maybe? Nishikori and Del Potro are playing every point like it's the last, half an hour and only 3-3
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »